SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

It's not that bad being mistaken for a Volvo. Some of the older members may remember (it wasn't that many years ago) that Volvo ran a wagon (I don't know why) in the British Touring Car championship and they did qute well. BT_lammers2.jpg

hahahah i got one better;

turned up to my first SAU meet one thursday night, up at the first meeting area, someone asks why a volvo came to a nissan meet. stoopid skyline drivers :spank:

Who was that, Ian?

It's not that bad being mistaken for a Volvo. Some of the older members may remember (it wasn't that many years ago) that Volvo ran a wagon (I don't know why) in the British Touring Car championship and they did qute well. BT_lammers2.jpg

Probably because the wagon looks much better than the sedan.

It was a marketing exercise after all.

Interesting story from The Pakenham servo.

I was waiting in line to pay for my fuel when I realised there was an S1 driver standing behind me who had just finished washing his Stag.

When we reached the attendant, she proceeded to tell us how much his car (S1) looked like a Volvo and how much my car (M35) looked like a forester!

We gave each other a "wow, you have got to be kidding me" look and left... Just after she started sprouting off about the VE wagon (which I thin looks great n dark colours).

Gotta say, if those are the comparisons, I probably would have it the other way around.

you get alot of talk about your car Cam.

only "strangers" that i know of have discussed my car are the owners of Kings Pool Hall. they straight up said Volvo ? then took a guess at Audi ? and there final attempt anything Euopean ?

then i told them is was a Nissan .... there was an weird silence... they still give me the Volvo guessing game when i go there

In the place I work ,there is a bloke that his first question about my car is how much did I pay for it...then he said it was to much for a volvo,that it was maybe 'cause somebody put a bodykit on it and WHY I didn't buy a new hiundai :cheers: ...yeah sure...

In the place I work ,there is a bloke that his first question about my car is how much did I pay for it...then he said it was to much for a volvo,that it was maybe 'cause somebody put a bodykit on it and WHY I didn't buy a new hiundai :sick: ...yeah sure...

Him recommending a Hyundai probably reflects how much he knows about cars... :sick::):(

Just before Christmas I got pulled over for a breath test. Next thing I know a grinning cop sticks his head through my window and says "isn't this one of those Nissan-Volo's".

Even after owning my car, my neighbor at our street Xmas party said that I owned a Volvo. LOL. quick education later and he understood. Mind you all he buys is Holden's.

Just before Christmas I got pulled over for a breath test. Next thing I know a grinning cop sticks his head through my window and says "isn't this one of those Nissan-Volo's".

Even after owning my car, my neighbor at our street Xmas party said that I owned a Volvo. LOL. quick education later and he understood. Mind you all he buys is Holden's.

Heh, expect to be re-educating your neighbor at least twice then.

went to my brothers house in Clunes yesterday.

people kept saying its a nice looking car, you picked up an awsome looking wagon.

then the guessing game began, now remeber the only car's you see down there are mazda 626's, fords and holdens with the odd nissan 4x4

guess's were Subraru ? Toyota ? Volvo ? Mercedes ? one girl cheated walked right up to the rego sticker and goes ' oh yeah its a nissan wagon' even though the hub caps saw nissan, still a pretty smart way of finding out

My volvo moment came 2 weeks ago at my local exhaust place i live in country vic so import knowledge is rare but this guy has a rep for working on some of our local skylines. So i took the stag in where i found the 2 young workers who would be doing the work picked it as soon as it drove in and commented on how clean it was so they knew what it was. Then they jacked it up on the hoist to start work and the boss came out (50+ year old hot rodder/drag racer). Now picture the stag on a hoist with open mesh rims about eye level then me standing at the front door and a big nissan badge and brake caliper right beside me the boss looks me right in the eye and says "shit thats the best looking volvo ive ever seen" The two young blokes now under the car are on the floor laughing and me standing there with a not so amused look on my face,needless to say when the work was complete a test drive with the boss was in order he now thinks i own the fastest volvo too :)

Not exactly a Volvo story, but was driving past a taxi-rank the other day and got 'hailed' in my yellow Stagea! The bloke looked pretty ticked off when I didn't give him a lift. :blush:

Anyone else had a similar experience?

the Taxi one is very unquie although we call my mates skyline a taxi because it's in yellow.

My car is partially debaged (no stagea badge on the back and no stagea logos on the side windows...so all I have is the nissan badge and the RS-FOUR sticker badge at the back and the Stagea logo on the grill)

I've had two volvo momements (i would say three as my brothers and some of my mates will tell me its a volvo as a running joke)

1st volvo moment was I was at shopping centre near my place...had alot of school kids look at my car and saying must be an old man that owns these crappy volvo's (as if an old man is going to have a stereo, boost controller and gauges installed) until I came out and unlocked the doors. one of them asked me "why did you buy a crappy volvo for" my response "did you look at the badge at the back mate". The kiddes looked at the back and gone "oh...ok" proceed to start the car and said "does a volvo sound like this" - one of smarter kiddes (who knows what they are) goes "nah sounds like a skyline"...all the other kiddes are going wow.

2nd volvo moment i was parking in QV underground car park with mates as we going for some chinese food. Just happen to park next to an Volvo 850C...when i jumped out on my right was a Volvo V70 and next to him was a M35 Stagea. After I we finished eating and ready to leave...I've seen the owner of the 850C checking my car out and said to me "did you spend alot of cash to modify your Volvo?" I chuckled and told him it's a Nissan and was surprised...as i was chatting to him the owner of the M35 came and look and was surprised that and S2 and a M35 Stagea are parked next to two Volvos the people mistake them for.

the Taxi one is very unquie although we call my mates skyline a taxi because it's in yellow.

My car is partially debaged (no stagea badge on the back and no stagea logos on the side windows...so all I have is the nissan badge and the RS-FOUR sticker badge at the back and the Stagea logo on the grill)

I've had two volvo momements (i would say three as my brothers and some of my mates will tell me its a volvo as a running joke)

1st volvo moment was I was at shopping centre near my place...had alot of school kids look at my car and saying must be an old man that owns these crappy volvo's (as if an old man is going to have a stereo, boost controller and gauges installed) until I came out and unlocked the doors. one of them asked me "why did you buy a crappy volvo for" my response "did you look at the badge at the back mate". The kiddes looked at the back and gone "oh...ok" proceed to start the car and said "does a volvo sound like this" - one of smarter kiddes (who knows what they are) goes "nah sounds like a skyline"...all the other kiddes are going wow.

2nd volvo moment i was parking in QV underground car park with mates as we going for some chinese food. Just happen to park next to an Volvo 850C...when i jumped out on my right was a Volvo V70 and next to him was a M35 Stagea. After I we finished eating and ready to leave...I've seen the owner of the 850C checking my car out and said to me "did you spend alot of cash to modify your Volvo?" I chuckled and told him it's a Nissan and was surprised...as i was chatting to him the owner of the M35 came and look and was surprised that and S2 and a M35 Stagea are parked next to two Volvos the people mistake them for.

Please tell me you took a photo of that (or at least considered it, if you didn't have a camera available at the time)...