SAU Community

R34 Pop-up Screen To Triple Gauge Conversion

R-SPEC

I've also converted my Xanavi TV unit to the triple guages but the're not connected/powered because the Xanavi harness doesn't match the triple guages obviously...

If anyone knows an auto sparky in Sydney who can wire this up properly so that the triple guages work please let us know. I know I need to get the harness from Nissan and the part number .. Someone mentioned a boost sensor is also needed, does anyone know the part number for it?

Delta you can get the harness from a wrecker just dont pay any more for it than $40 delivered because you can get one from nissan for that price and the same with the boost sender unit, you will have a plug for it in your engine bay near the brake booster. I have got mine nealy done but i cant find a signal for the boost or the oil temp, the others were ok to find, just need to find the right colour wires for the boost and oil temp and will be sweet. ps there is a guy wrecking a r34 gtt on these forums. I think he has sold the gauges but you might be able to get the harness and boost sender from him.

• 3 weeks later...
The part # for the sub harness for the tripple meter is 24018 AA500 in case you need it (its about 40cm long with one female plug on one end, that goes into the guages and one male plug on the other end with 6 wires)

Hey mate. Thx for the part number it really helped. I took it down to the Nissan dealer & they found the part i was after. Only problem is that there isnt any left in australia at the moment. They are charging $45 for the harness plus $90 for postage as they would have to import it straight from japan.

Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround for this? Any other easily accesible parts that i could use to bodge together a home-made harness? Or any other places in Aus that may have one? If i cant find anything, ill just have to order the part from nissan, bit expensive though.

Thanks guys. :dry:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys,

Been through the site and am still coming up with more questions then answers. And now so I don't get beasted for starting a new thread, I'm reviving an old one.

I bought my new 1998 r34 gtt and the guy had switched the stock triple gauges with the super cheap auto calibre vacuum, water temp and voltage gauges.

I've gone and bought the stock ones and upon switching it out I can't seem to find the plug that goes straight into the back. There are a few plugs back there however none of them fit and I'm stumped.

I did come across mention of a wiring harness part. Part #24018 AA500

Would that be a harness that plugs into the current ones in the car to then directly fit into the true gauge back plug?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew

• 5 months later...

Holy thread revival batman!

Just wanted to know if anyone would take a photo of the plug?

Also would an N/A have the plug? minus the boost sensor of course. Looking to get rid of the Xanavi, this is probably the best route to go down. Hoping to drop a det in there oneday as its a GT4 and I do like the car.

• 9 months later...