SAU Community

Guilt-toy Now Running On E85 !

found this on ebay i know lol. he says its a stainless steel filter capable of 10microns and thoughts or experiences?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200968280640

It look much the same as all the other brands, but no mention of ethanol compatibility, unlike the two I mentioned.

Seems to be a good price though. Worst case you shove a paper element in there, and replace the two Orings...

Did I miss something...is there a special filter needed for E85?

Yh from the research I've done some paper filters disintegrate with the ethanol. Just like how it eats up most things.

It look much the same as all the other brands, but no mention of ethanol compatibility, unlike the two I mentioned.

Seems to be a good price though. Worst case you shove a paper element in there, and replace the two Orings...

Yh he said it's compatible so will go for this.

Yh from the research I've done some paper filters disintegrate with the ethanol. Just like how it eats up most things.

I haven't seen ethanol eat anything yet, 5 years of testing should be plenty right? Perhaps with pre 90's fuel systems it may be an issue.

I think people get mixed up with Methanol. Don't believe the hype...

The extent of my E85 supporting mods are my 040, Nismo 555s, Z32 and PFC.

Have been running it for 3-4 months without issue. Just running a standard Ryco inline filter and standard fuel lines...thought this was fine as long as you changed them with your oil filters :/

+1

standard lines are fine and a ryco filter is all i have too...its fine but does need changing more regularly as cheap insurance..mine did get horribly blocked after a few thousand kms...i think where you buy your e85 makes a big difference tool..try find new servos with new tanks if possible

I use a genuine Nissan fuel filter and change every service, I only fill up from caltex Tempe/kirawee and united yavoona(rookwood)

I cut my filters up everytime I change em and they seem good to me never found any more dirt in the filter compared to when I had 98...

• 1 month later...

So 70 psi fuel pressure on boost. I hope you have a good fuel pump. :P

Actual output will vary wildly, but I would guess around 380kw or so, perhaps more if you can bump up the pressure with a high pressure capable pump.

The pump is not my concern, another Z32 is running E85, 22PSI on stock snails on 800's and is hitting 90% IDC. The Z32 is pump is fine, he even runs a 75shot over that too.

• 1 month later...

hate to be a pain but i really can't be arsed looking through 90+ pages of thread after already looking through quite a few, but has anybody else passed the im240 in NSW easily with big setups ?

thanks.

was thinking around the 350+ mark, doesn't necessarily mean rocking up to im240 running 30 pound and expecting to pass though..

But in saying that, showing up with a setup that is well capable of much bigger power but doesn't veer off the photo's and parts listed on the engineers report.

Edited by r311111

• 4 months later...

Hey guys.

So very happy to be back home. I missed out on soo much being away!

I am really happy that this thread is still going on, sorry that i have not been active in it, its just that in the UAE there is no ethanol fuels, although i did hear that one workshop was buying 100% from a pharmaceutical company for their race cars... The 98 fuel there is amazing, i have seriously tuned 1000hp cars on the stuff, but since i have been back I have learned how bad the fuel here is compared to what it was back there.

So since i have been back I have got Guilt-Toy 2.0, yes it is the same car.... :)

I tried to keep this car standard, however i keep doing mods to it, why i have no idea...

I started with a completly stock car, then went with a full turbo back stainless exhaust, and bell mouth dump, and a hks 2535 turbo charger, has a pod filter and decent fmic that came from Nytsky's car apparently.... walbro 460 e85 pump, kinugawa wastegate actuator with 1 bar spring, evo mr bov... thats about it!

I went with a z32 ecu that i modified to suit a r33 gtst rb25det series 1, and i am doing eprom tunes, no need to go for a nistune board if you can burn eproms yourself! (putting my experience to good use for myself for once!)

So yeah i have been driving around on 230ish kw for the last 7 months or so, and now i have got a decent set of injectors and decided to chuck them in, they went in today and a quick 10 minute tune to achieve 244rwkw on 12psi on a pretty hard tune on the timing side of things, what i want to achieve and prove to myself more then anything the difference you can gain from 98 to united e85.

We got a united servo 15 mins drive from my place here, so im going to go fill up and see how she goes!!

I own my own dyno now!!, and plenty of time to play around and do what i enjoy so much.

So here is the dyno sheet of the car today, on 12psi boost i am 100% sure i cannot extract anymore power out of this stock rb25 engine at this boost level.

In the next week or so i will be going to united e85 and tuning it on the same wastegate pressure of 12 psi, to see what gains i can get on the same pressure then i will be turning up the boost and going for my magical power figure (dream figure) of 300rwkw from this small hks turbine.

The turbo is going strong, and it is just a hks 2535 internal gate setup, have the stock intake pipe as well.

Will be posting some pics and anything that i can during the change over. I would like to get 2.0 passed the emissions test and engineered like the original was before it went overseas.

So yeah thanks for keeping the thread alive guys, SAU FOREVER!!! you guys rock and expect to see more posts from me doing aussie stuff from now on!!! I was talking to a customer whos car i tuned the other day and he mentioned this thread, and how he went through them all, and it made me realise i better get back into it!

Anthony

post-1240-0-12888300-1407861358_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-67664800-1407861343_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-62197500-1407860933_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-54385400-1407860912_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-76191800-1407860883_thumb.jpg