SAU Community

Don't Buy This 1993 R33 Gts-t

JamesK

I cant seem to find the ad anymore i hope no one has bought it but I recently went to check a White Manual GTS-T, the seller, seemed a little uneasy and something was off about him so I decided to get the car checked out by State Roads, (Report Attached) it turned out to be a LEMON! please NO ONE buy this car for your own safty and I don't think anyone should have to waste their hard earned dough on this junk! This check cost me $260! I'm uploading it becuase I don't think it is fair for anyone to buy this car and not know what they are getting into, and I would hope people would do the same for me

Edit: Location is close to Melbourne CBD

post-55065-1220615661_thumb.jpg

post-55065-1220616518_thumb.jpg

post-55065-1220616648_thumb.jpg

SR_Report.pdf

Edited by JamesK

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was reading the report, i thought it all seemed alright until it got to the body section, that's pretty bad. But I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be posting something like that on a public forum (even though u might have just saved somebody a fair bit of money/drama)

Thanks for the heads up, its good to see car enthusiasts helping out each other :P

Im impressed by the actual report the company produced. Measuring Paint thickness etc

Seems like real good value when compared to what RACV tells you

Nuffin worst then spending all your cash on any car. Then to find out it a lemo and before you know it you spent so much cash on the dam thing. Not worth keeping it or selling it.

I'm also impressed with the report. Best $260 you ever spent hey James?

Haha Def man I love state roads awesome and great service, I was wondering if anyone has used RACV's similar service? I think it's $215 for the same non-member service but I would like to know if it is as comprehensive

Edit:

Thanks for the heads up, its good to see car enthusiasts helping out each other :P

Im impressed by the actual report the company produced. Measuring Paint thickness etc

Seems like real good value when compared to what RACV tells you

Hey Rekin didn't notice your post before what is RACV like? I put this up also, so people can see how good a job State Roads did

Edited by JamesK

I was reading the report, i thought it all seemed alright until it got to the body section, that's pretty bad. But I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be posting something like that on a public forum (even though u might have just saved somebody a fair bit of money/drama)

I was scared of that Boroko I know the risks in doing this, I think, but I really like helping people out makes me feel better as a person really, like not many people notice they have rear or brake light out so i use to try to carry all the major manufacturers brand bulbs in my car so I can pull people over and give it to them for a few $$ on my part, it could save people a lot of greif and I take pride knowing I potentially just made someones day better. I think people who owns cars like ours have a bad name and for some reason they think if we have a car like ours all we do is hoon but if they see the integrity of this community and how we try to help people out where ever we can they would have a different view.

Edited by JamesK

Personally i cant see a problem as such.

All thats done is the report being posted really indicating what the owner should be telling prospective buyers :P

Personally i cant see a problem as such.

All thats done is the report being posted really indicating what the owner should be telling prospective buyers :D

thats if the owner actually knows? , what if he doesn't know the extent of it? , ive heard of a certain importer in vic (cant name names) that somehow gets rubbish like this complied :3some: , poor bastard prolly had no idea?

thats if the owner actually knows? , what if he doesn't know the extent of it? , ive heard of a certain importer in vic (cant name names) that somehow gets rubbish like this complied :3some: , poor bastard prolly had no idea?

I'm pretty sure he did know about it, he was pushing really hard for a sale and really skeptic on a fully comprehensive check on the car saying that a RWC was sufficient, and he did say he had that car for awhile so along the lines of owning it he must have found out, I'm sure some mechanic would have told him the extent of the damage...right?

maybe the guy just wrote that so he could go back later and buy it himself :3some:

Haha that crossed my mind but when I talk to the guy and told him I wanted my deposit back he didn't even ask why! He actually even said....I know there are a few problems but the guy on the report said the engine ran good right? I was just like....yea...but I'm pretty sure the air wont keep me safe when the Chassis starts falling off!

I was scared of that Boroko I know the risks in doing this, I think, but I really like helping people out makes me feel better as a person really, like not many people notice they have rear or brake light out so i use to try to carry all the major manufacturers brand bulbs in my car so I can pull people over and give it to them for a few $ on my part, it could save people a lot of greif and I take pride knowing I potentially just made someones day better. I think people who owns cars like ours have a bad name and for some reason they think if we have a car like ours all we do is hoon but if they see the integrity of this community and how we try to help people out where ever we can they would have a different view.

hey, yeah mate i wasn't trying to have a go at you, its obvious you're just trying to look after people. I suppose when you think about it, the owner really should've said something about any previous accidents etc, so you really can't be blamed for trying to warn others.