SAU Community

Remove R33 Ecr33 Gts-t Cluster

Sonuku

R33 ECR33 GTS-T Remove Dashboard Gauge Cluster

Translated from: http://www.cyberstork.com/

1.jpg

1. The column of steering wheel basis is removed.

2.jpg

2. The cigar socket is removed, 2 connectors are removed.

3.jpg

3. The ashtray is removed, the screw of the inner part is removed.

4.jpg

4. The shift panel is removed. In case of AT, you step on the foot brake, you insert in LOW turning the key to a ON, lower the emergency brake and pull out.

5.jpg

5. Shift it into park again to use the emergency brake.

6.jpg

6. 3 screws under audio you remove.

7.jpg

7. In order to remove the panel, the door is opened.

8.jpg

8. The front panel is removed, via some mounting clips. Apparently the best method here is to start from the middle and work your way to the edges.

9.jpg

9. On the reverse side is 2 connectors and 1 sensor.

10.jpg

10. On reverse side 1 connectors for mirror

11.jpg

11. Top and bottom 4 these screws are removed.

12.jpg

12. Remove the 3 marked screws, 4 connectors the reverse side.

---

I didn't take these photos, or write the tute, just translated. Figure someone could use the info quickly. I was researching the cluster myself, and couldnt find any tutes.

Hope it helps

-Al

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also take note of the plugs in the back of the dash, 2 out of the 3 can be filipped 180 degrees, very poor design and is a pain in the arse when replacing it with a cluster that has the plugs in a different position.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

HEY DUDE!!

Ur a legend

Had to high blood pressure for a few days now after a road trip frm Sydney to Melbourne

and my Coil-overs were pretty stiff....n things rattles alot n loosen up the wirings behind my consoles

my Climate controls button malfunction, cigrette lighter fail, cd player malfunctioned and speedometer keep deadening

all n all toook it to a local mech, and quoted me to fix all that $400!! I was LIKE G.T.F.O.O.H.!!

and here I was ponderin away n this Note floated by n I was like why the F*** not give it a go

TA-DA!!! after 1hr pulling n connecting back everythin in place and all works like magic...

$400 is locked up in my wallet, blood pressure to normal....and reliefe! lmao

THANKS BUDDY GOOOD JOB!

-JAi-

• 4 months later...

hey guys,

need a bit of help with this. my indicators have been wired up the wrong way around (works fine on the outside of the car, but it's backwards in the instrument cluster).. is it difficult to just switch these around when the cluster is pulled out?

if it's too hard i don't want to rip it all out for nothing

• 2 weeks later...

I had to pull my cluster out the other day. For my car, an auto R33 GTST there are simply three plugs from the car that connect into the back of the cluster. I can't see any way of swapping the indicators around by just pulling out the cluster. It’s all fixed circuit tracks. Might be something at the plug/further down the wiring.

Edited by S1LV3RTRACKS

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i had a look and came to the same conclusion. my car used to have a nismo dash in it, so they probably re wired some stuff manually. i'll have to whip out the multimeter and go through everything individually.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...