SAU Community

So How Does A Stagea Drift?

yokotas13

Very well.

It needs at least 375-400hp

350 is not enough. its soooo heavy, even with 225/40 on a 9.5j with 50PSI i couldnt keep em spinning with TONS of clutch kicking to help unless i was at the top of hte rev range the whole time (like above 5k entering the initiation)

gtr brake upgrade is plenty to not have any brake fade for at least 15 minutes (sessions are 15 minutes each)

i stopped breaking axles, so thats good

anyways, its much more predictable than say a 180 or s13 or so. i really like it

videos will be up along with pictures, i think someone get some snaps of me

Very well.

It needs at least 375-400hp

350 is not enough. its soooo heavy, even with 225/40 on a 9.5j with 50PSI i couldnt keep em spinning with TONS of clutch kicking to help unless i was at the top of hte rev range the whole time (like above 5k entering the initiation)

gtr brake upgrade is plenty to not have any brake fade for at least 15 minutes (sessions are 15 minutes each)

i stopped breaking axles, so thats good

anyways, its much more predictable than say a 180 or s13 or so. i really like it

videos will be up along with pictures, i think someone get some snaps of me

in for vids mate, sounds great, so are u still running the gtr 5 speed and 4wd front diff in place as per rs four specs yes? just with a removed front shaft to stop the 4wd workin? i would love to give mine a proper go but was worried the front end is too heavy and will tend to understeer alot. I have the power but its not a very smooth transition when sliding ive found, i think im going to change coilovers soon these ones are doing my head in to be honest.

abit offtopic i know but do u know which companies make coilovers for the 260rs models still?

now get those pics and vids up, i think your stagea is one of the hottest ive seen with such a subtle and a not over the top bodykit like some kits around

have u thought about throwing on a rb25 rwd sump and a gtst 5 speed box instead? i noticed when checking specs of the stagea models and the rs four is 1620kg and the rsx with the rwd rb20e only says it weighs 1430kg, thats a huge weight saving, though im unsure how true this weight is

Edited by unique1

love to see the vids as well!

Would like to do a similar look with the ride height and wheels to my stagea, but not sure how well that would go down...

Ive taken mine for a lil bit of a slide and i agree with the predictability - its easy to anticipate what the car is going to do. I like it. Slides well til the atessa torques up the front and pulls you straight. The 4wd stageas have hicas, too...? Are you running a hicas lock or anything?

in for vids mate, sounds great, so are u still running the gtr 5 speed and 4wd front diff in place as per rs four specs yes? just with a removed front shaft to stop the 4wd workin? i would love to give mine a proper go but was worried the front end is too heavy and will tend to understeer alot. I have the power but its not a very smooth transition when sliding ive found, i think im going to change coilovers soon these ones are doing my head in to be honest.

abit offtopic i know but do u know which companies make coilovers for the 260rs models still?

now get those pics and vids up, i think your stagea is one of the hottest ive seen with such a subtle and a not over the top bodykit like some kits around

have u thought about throwing on a rb25 rwd sump and a gtst 5 speed box instead? i noticed when checking specs of the stagea models and the rs four is 1620kg and the rsx with the rwd rb20e only says it weighs 1430kg, thats a huge weight saving, though im unsure how true this weight is

yep just have a front driveshaft removed, thats it.

everything else is stock. im about to eliminate the attessa shit in the back but just gotta find time.

I was having a problem with understeering, but i just went to lower front and higher rear tire pressure and lowered hte damper setting on the front a few clicks and it pretty much stopped it.

not doing that much work with changing engines and shit. too much work with not enough effort

the car is 3700lbs...100 lbs isnt going ot make a shit bit of difference in drifting.

up next?

2617370105_f43551c441.jpg

watch out pedestrians

damn, i wish i had known that a while back. i'm doing a lot of country driving through roo country and a bar like that would be very handy. too bad i'm selling the car now.

How does one drift? like this.....

Sweet another sick looking STAG ute!! haha

There are a few stagea drifting videos on youtube if you guys haven't already looked.