SAU Community

All the Rumors aside **Nissan Patrol Clutch fits**

I'm putting all these rumors to rest.....;

R33 GTST 1993, Manual

THIS CLUTCH WILL ONLY FIT AN OLDER TYPE SKYLINE WITH THE PULL TYPE CLUTCH ON YOUR SLAVE CYLINDER.

Now theres seems to a bit of confusion going on from the last posts about clutches.

Back in May my clutch went....I researched around and sourced a new clutch.

The clutch is rated at 1500kg, heavy Duty Daiken NISSAN PATROL CLUTCH.

This clutch is interchangable with my Skyline and is half the price nearly.

Different name on the box but its the same shit only different price.

The clutch was worth $300.00 from SLACKS CREEK BRAKE AND CLUTCH (See Geoff)

GAVIN WOOD installed the clutch and through out bearing & oil for $290

The feel of the clutch pedal is great. The position of the clutch pedal is great.........just like a new clutch is supposed to behave.

When I drive it hard it doesnt slip or do anything stupid.

I can drop the pedal at 3 g's and the back wheels light up pretty quick.

I highly recommend it if you have a mild to standard liner.

AND Its not 1.2 cm or 0.004mm off the floor !- Come on guys.

Any further poblems or questions u can email me; swordfish19792002 @yahoo.com.au

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting! A couple of questions though - (1) When did Skylines go from the pull to push type clutch? (2) What is the standard clamping pressure of the normal factory clutch? (3) Can any Nissan dealer get these in for around that price?

JimX,

(1) When did Skylines go from the pull to push type clutch?

>>> I think 1995 onwards....double check with Gavin Woods, labrador QLD first.

(2) What is the standard clamping pressure of the normal factory clutch?

>>> standard is 650-700kg

(3) Can any Nissan dealer get these in for around that price?

>>> Yes they can I think they were more expensiver of hand than Slacks Creek Brake & Clutch.

I tried Nissan on the Gold Coast and I think they were $55 more or something....Can't remember though.

Put get the part number first before u start ringin for prices.

swordfish u mean ur skyline has a push clutch dont u ? early mods have push late mods have pull my r33 gtr has pull ( the slave cil pushes to engine so it pulls the clutch away from it hence the name pull ) .

by the way all old cars had push and most late mod cars have pull

• 4 weeks later...