SAU Community

Remove R34 Spoiler

Hey guys,

Me, Mark (Marco-R34GTT), and Andrew (Fei-Sti Rex) are trying to remove Andrew's rear spoiler on his R34 GT-T. We have removed the 4 bolts, but cannot remove the last two clips that are holding the spoiler in place... We've tried everything to get these two clips out but we just can't do it..... It is just a stock couple rear spoiler... It is late, getting desperate, SOS!

Thanks..

I stand to be corrected, but when me and a couple of mates got together a few months ago to help remove the same wing from my friend's R34 GTT... after having done what you've done so far, we then had to unbolt 2-4 other bots holding the wing in place from within the boot itself from the inside.

What you'll have to do and I caution you that if you don't do this delicately, there will be a huge tear in the teal inside your boot which makes it ugly as... but yeah, you'll have to cut the sheet of metal from the inside of the boot and unscew the boot that way.

That's what we had to do, not sure if there are any other ways...

Good luck.

what do you use to cut the metal?

sh*t never knew a stock spoiler would bring so much misery and pain in trying to remove it!!!

yeah what do you use and umm.. your solution seems to be the only feasible one running through my mind at the moment...

cheers mate,

Andrew :thumbsup:

True, but I cant imagine cutting the metal to get a stock spoiler off? Surely there is another way!!!!! It would make it even more illegal then it already is, due to the structural section of the boot lid being damaged.

Yes Andrew does have my number, but 4ppl to remove stock spoiler? lol :thumbsup:

why doesnt he leave the spoiler on for now, as he has to take it through the pits on friday anyway. would look dodgy with all the holes

LOL dont cut anything you crazy mofos!

the last two clips (should be 3 holes in the boot, the centre ones are the big clip) are easy to remove. Get a mate to help (sounds like you have them :thumbsup:) and get a flat head screw driver.

Get the screw drivers head against one side of the clip, lever the screw driver so it pushes the side of the clip in and slowly lift the spoiler. This will cause the one side of the clip holding the spoiler in place to remain pushed against the hole in the boot, and therefore not clipping! Then be very careful, hold it in that position and place the screw driver on the other side of the clip. Lever, lift and hey presto the clip is out. repeat for the other side obviously. If your not careful when holding the spoiler with half the clip out, it will slip down and clip back in, making you start again.

Any more questions or explaining please ask, but dont cut anything is all i can say. Thats ridiculous.

LOL dont cut anything you crazy mofos!

the last two clips (should be 3 holes in the boot, the centre ones are the big clip) are easy to remove. Get a mate to help (sounds like you have them :thumbsup:) and get a flat head screw driver.

Get the screw drivers head against one side of the clip, lever the screw driver so it pushes the side of the clip in and slowly lift the spoiler. This will cause the one side of the clip holding the spoiler in place to remain pushed against the hole in the boot, and therefore not clipping! Then be very careful, hold it in that position and place the screw driver on the other side of the clip. Lever, lift and hey presto the clip is out. repeat for the other side obviously. If your not careful when holding the spoiler with half the clip out, it will slip down and clip back in, making you start again.

Any more questions or explaining please ask, but dont cut anything is all i can say. Thats ridiculous.

Grant has the right idea, thats how i removed mine.

Takes abit of force depending on the double sided tape holding it down

good luck!

well i passed the pits just then, putting front bar and side skirts back on tonight as well as my new 18'' Enkei's...

wing is coming off TONIGHT! hehe

Grant mate great idea, looks like i'll be trying that tonight hahaha cheers guys, will keep you all updated

Andrew :D

• 1 month later...

Hey so how did u go with this? I took mine off not too long ago...it just needed a bit of extra force to pull it off...(which, i admit, stupidly...was out of pure frustration haha) but luckily enough it was the right trick that was needed all along...

lol we ended up using a drill...

japanese double sided tape = worst b*tch ever...

have to weld up the holes now lol but yeah, looks way better without the GTT wing, GTT wing only looks good on cars like 300ZX etc.

my2c

Andrew