SAU Community

Good Rim Offset For R34 Gtr

G'day people.

I am looking at getting a set of rims sometime this year and would like to know the perfect offset for my 34 GTR. I dont really understand how offset measurement is taken but i would like the rims to sit almost flush with the guards but not hanging out, so as to stay legal and have a wider look. I like the look of how the Z-tune LMGT4 rims sit under the guards. That is basically what i'm after. If anyone knows the offset for the Z-tune then that'd be of great help. The standard GTR rims sit too much inside the guard. Also, if anyone has pics of their 34 gtr could you please post them up with your offsets too?

Cheers!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much more do you want the wheels sticking out from what it is now? What widths do you want the new wheels to be? What are the current wheel's specs?

Give me those details and what you want then I'll tell you what offsets you'll need for that fitment.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
How much more do you want the wheels sticking out from what it is now? What widths do you want the new wheels to be? What are the current wheel's specs?

Give me those details and what you want then I'll tell you what offsets you'll need for that fitment.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure the R34 GTR rims have +30 offset. they are 18X9.

18x10.5" +15

This is what the LMGT4 and TE37 offsets come in. You can go as much as +12 or back to +18... still looks tough/fills the guards.

yeah i want something to fill the guards out. i'll be getting the TE37's for sure.

I'm pretty sure the R34 GTR rims have +30 offset. they are 18X9.

yeah i want something to fill the guards out. i'll be getting the TE37's for sure.

I still need to know what wheel widths you're after and how much further out you want your wheels. :P

I still need to know what wheel widths you're after and how much further out you want your wheels. :banana:

lol sorry man. From looking at it now i reckon it needs to be pumped out by another inch or inch and a half. I'd like the rims to be 18X9. if i can go 18X10 then sweet. I've heard +15 offset should be pretty good?

lol sorry man. From looking at it now i reckon it needs to be pumped out by another inch or inch and a half. I'd like the rims to be 18X9. if i can go 18X10 then sweet. I've heard +15 offset should be pretty good?

Yeah, 18x10 with a +15 offset will bring the rims out 27.7mm so roughly an inch.

I personally think a 9" wheel on a GTR would be too small. They come in 9" wide so I would go 10" at least.

So for a 10" wheel, +15mm offset will bring the wheel out 27.7mm.

10.5" with +15 will bring it out 34.1mm.

Just to give you a little guide, to get a 9" wheel to come out an inch, the offset needs to be +5.

For it to come out ~1.5", it'll need to be -7.

With a 9.5" wheel, for it to come out 1", the offset needs to be +11.

To come out 1.5", it needs to be -1.

10" wheel to come out 1", it needs to be +17.

To come out 1.5", it needs to be +5.

10.5" wheel to come out 1", needs to have an offset of +24.

Out 1.5", offset needs to be +12mm.

You can use that guide when looking at wheels. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Yeah, 18x10 with a +15 offset will bring the rims out 27.7mm so roughly an inch.

I personally think a 9" wheel on a GTR would be too small. They come in 9" wide so I would go 10" at least.

So for a 10" wheel, +15mm offset will bring the wheel out 27.7mm.

10.5" with +15 will bring it out 34.1mm.

Just to give you a little guide, to get a 9" wheel to come out an inch, the offset needs to be +5.

For it to come out ~1.5", it'll need to be -7.

With a 9.5" wheel, for it to come out 1", the offset needs to be +11.

To come out 1.5", it needs to be -1.

10" wheel to come out 1", it needs to be +17.

To come out 1.5", it needs to be +5.

10.5" wheel to come out 1", needs to have an offset of +24.

Out 1.5", offset needs to be +12mm.

You can use that guide when looking at wheels. Hope that helps.

Cheers

cheers Adam, I'll read it over again so i can get my head around it. I heard 18X10 with a +12 offset would be suitable for a 34 gtr. you reckon that'll be fine?

+12 nismo LM-GT4 rims 17insh all the way.

PM sent

255 x 40 x 17 tyres

Thanks bud, but i dont really wanna be going donw an inch. The r34 gtr guards look pretty small with 18's in them already and 17's would make them look even more smaller.

cheers Adam, I'll read it over again so i can get my head around it. I heard 18X10 with a +12 offset would be suitable for a 34 gtr. you reckon that'll be fine?

Sorry, but I can't really answer that question because I've never had any experience with wheels on R34 GTR's. It's up to you weather or not it's a good width and offset because I can't see how much of a 'gap' you've got between your wheel and guards. You wanted it to come out an inch or an inch and a half and from what I've calculated above, having 18x10 +12 wheels will stick out 30mm more than what they're at at the moment.

Good luck with it though mate. Any further questions on how much they'll stick out compared to what they are now and I'll be happy to help.

Remember to post some pics when you get the new wheels on!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i like the the stock GTR rims on the 34 but i do agree they do sit too much inside the guard. How do i make them sit further out without using spacers?

sorry for noobish question

i like the the stock GTR rims on the 34 but i do agree they do sit too much inside the guard. How do i make them sit further out without using spacers?

sorry for noobish question

Sit tight > keep your existing GT-R rims looking sweet > keep your eyes peeled for replacements > quickly sell your existing GT-R rims > pay just a few $100 on the changeover. :D

Yours truly ended up with 18x10 +12 offset Gold ADVAN RGs (with good tyres) paying just $700 on exchange. :whistling:

i think i am the only one that likes the stock rims. I am looking to keep the rims just want to fill the guards a bit better with what i have, not looking to change rims. i have seen photos of gtrs with standard rims with a better offset just need to know how