SAU Community

Gtr R32 Weight

tacker

removed everything down to the sound proofing muck on the floor, 4w steer long gone, all unused brackets bolts heat shields.

fuel tank when today and put a fuel cell in and that alone will be the best part of 15kg i think.

if you havent already stripped out behind the dash the heatercore, ac evaporator, fan etc etc all adds up.

Our car weighs 1220 and there is still a bit more that can come out if need be.

Yes that all long gone.

door windows winders motors etc are gone door trims too still need to take the hole saw to the door frames though.

I do have a substancial cage in the car though so there would be 30 odd kgs in that.

Looks like some gram light wheels and carbon fibre bonnet and boot are next

a few other things you may or may not have taken out,

rear wiper and motor.

In mine I stripped back the entire wiring loom and removed all the excess wiring that is now not used. There was a substancial ammount of "free" weight there. You can halve the wiring under the dash easily.

ABS been removed and the assosiated wiring??

Running a full exhaust still or side pipe??

There is not a great deal you can do without besides the ABS, air conditioning etc its more about saving weight.

Besides the obvious, you can strip the loom and rewire with the bare essentials. you'd be suprised how much wiring is unused once you remove the HICAS, ABS etc.

Single turbo conversions are lighter than typical twins.

Stick with alloy piping if possible.

Carbon canisters can be removed as well as the piping

Heater hoses and other water lines if you have stripped the inside out

Washer bottle and hoses.

Smaller battery

You can pretty much take anything out thats not needed if your building a circuit car.

gee... i dont know how come ours is so heavy?

our car still weigh's 1380!

carbon boot

carbon doors

carbon airfilter box

no dash cluster

carbon panel and stack dash

one seat

no air conditioning

no abs

no hicas or pumps

nothing behind the dash

lexan door windows

no interior at all

some internal panels cut out

all bumper reinforcement gone

no rear wiper or motoboot and bonnet cathes gone

all boot hinge mechanism gone

most brackets gone

not sure how i could lose another 100 kilo, let alone 150!! :)

Edited by giant

If its a track car then i think you would be silly to remove ABS.

Thats only my 2c...along with the fact that everbody seems to be obsessed with removing weight, which is fair enough. But no one ever seems to consider that you can do a hell of a lot with relocating where the weight is located. ie moving it lower in the car or into the cabin/centre of the car

you have a pretty comprehensive cage in it though.

Mine only had a rear jap half when it was last weighed. besides the carbon pannels mine is as stripped as your car.

There is always the chance of errors on the scales behalf as well I guess (public weigh bridge in my last case)