SAU Community

My Skyline Journey!

zandi2000

My bro and I had a few clients who still required work done from Japan, ie. updates.. but that didnt take us far so we did a bit of tutoring too. That actually made plenty enough in Japan. I highly recommend it and you also get to meet some really cool people that way! I met most of my Japanese friends through tutoring..

Thanks alot Beer Baron, obviously they are nothing on your experiences, but they mean alot to me! Japan is awesome hey?!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice write up Alex, didn't know you were doing this!

Just saw it while browsing through the forums, very interesting read.

Some of those pictures look great, your lucky to have been to Japan and experienced so much.

Nice work :huh:

My bro and I had a few clients who still required work done from Japan, ie. updates.. but that didnt take us far so we did a bit of tutoring too. That actually made plenty enough in Japan. I highly recommend it and you also get to meet some really cool people that way! I met most of my Japanese friends through tutoring..

Thanks alot Beer Baron, obviously they are nothing on your experiences, but they mean alot to me! Japan is awesome hey?!

I dunno if I'd go that far! you have some pretty cool experiences there and done lots of different things to me. Kyoto is beautiful. I went down there once in autumn and it was just amazing.

also, you are so right about the togue thing. the first time I heard 10 or 15 drift cars in a row coming through the mountains up in Tsukuba my hair was on end, then as they passed me drifting at what must be 130+ I was scared stiff, and of course wanted to do it again and again and again. amazing skill, and absolutely nuts. Hell, I am probably even more nuts for standing on the side!

Thanks Abu.. yeh i just decided to do it yesterday.. I don't contribute much to this forum and everyone helps me out so much on it, so i thought id put a bit back in!

Baron.. yeh Kyoto is beautiful, if you ask me its the true Japan. Its so historical it almost feels like you are walking there 600 years ago! I never got to go to Tsukuba or the drifts there, I always wanted to though! was it good? The drifts certainly have an addictive quality ey! I always loved running up the road to change gallery spots, I'd get the biggest rush ever hearing those cars screaming up the mountain whilst i was bolting for dear life to the next corner! haha I'll have to go back and do it again someday.. when are you heading back?

Thanks Abu.. yeh i just decided to do it yesterday.. I don't contribute much to this forum and everyone helps me out so much on it, so i thought id put a bit back in!

Baron.. yeh Kyoto is beautiful, if you ask me its the true Japan. Its so historical it almost feels like you are walking there 600 years ago! I never got to go to Tsukuba or the drifts there, I always wanted to though! was it good? The drifts certainly have an addictive quality ey! I always loved running up the road to change gallery spots, I'd get the biggest rush ever hearing those cars screaming up the mountain whilst i was bolting for dear life to the next corner! haha I'll have to go back and do it again someday.. when are you heading back?

haha, yes, I have been stranded between gallerys before and just had to hug cliff wall for a while! done some passenger rides too with willing japanese drifters and that blew me away, but watching from outside was far scarier. :huh:

I'll be heading back soon. don't know exactly when as life is a bit un-predictable atm. supposed to be off to jakarta next week to talk about a job there. If I take it I will be flat stick over there and wont have time for the frequent japan trips, but it will hopefully lead to a job in the tokyo office in 12 months or so.

once I know how that pans out I will book something mid year maybe (will try to avoid summer though) and definitely try to do my usual november/december trip. I have plenty of mileage points so it's time to put them to use!

oh, and yes the drifting up in Tsukuba mountain was awesome. I've been to a few different places over the years (nanko, industrial area near chiba, industrial area near tsukuba, minoo, makuhari etc etc) but Tsukuba mountain was by far the best/craziest. It has to be said that some times I went to the other places were probably off nights so I can't really compare too much.

haha, yes, I have been stranded between gallerys before and just had to hug cliff wall for a while! done some passenger rides too with willing japanese drifters and that blew me away, but watching from outside was far scarier. :huh:

I'll be heading back soon. don't know exactly when as life is a bit un-predictable atm. supposed to be off to jakarta next week to talk about a job there. If I take it I will be flat stick over there and wont have time for the frequent japan trips, but it will hopefully lead to a job in the tokyo office in 12 months or so.

once I know how that pans out I will book something mid year maybe (will try to avoid summer though) and definitely try to do my usual november/december trip. I have plenty of mileage points so it's time to put them to use!

oh, and yes the drifting up in Tsukuba mountain was awesome. I've been to a few different places over the years (nanko, industrial area near chiba, industrial area near tsukuba, minoo, makuhari etc etc) but Tsukuba mountain was by far the best/craziest. It has to be said that some times I went to the other places were probably off nights so I can't really compare too much.

Sounds awesome, so what exactly do you do that allows you to travel to all these cool places?

The drifts are like the wind.. i remember heading up there sometimes just to turn up and watch a couple of kei cars doing hand brake skids.. Then other times 700 hp supra's and 400hp s15's all going tandem with 20 other cars... You just can't pick em!.. If you get the chance you should make it down to the appropriately named "skyline road" which is in the Suzuka mountain range... an awesome drift spot because you get all the Suzuka guys coming with their hardcore tuned cars.. they take it seriously round there!!

If you get the chance you should make it down to the appropriately named "skyline road" which is in the Suzuka mountain range... an awesome drift spot because you get all the Suzuka guys coming with their hardcore tuned cars.. they take it seriously round there!!

Hakkone Skyliner or Skyline turnpike?

Is that near Hakkone? If so, Ive driven on that route. Excellent road, almost like a race track at times. Only complain is the toll I had to pay every few minutes! :banana:

Oh no mate, I dont. The shots taken infront of the lake were all snapped infront of Lake Biwa in Japan..

lol i was talking about that first photo with the black 32 gts-t in it.. just looks like an area near my house lol..

by the way, nice photos :worship:

Nice one, keep up loading photos thanks :D.

Yeh, when i get my laptop working ill upload some more pics.. i noticed you were lookin for a pic with the 3 generations of skyline.. I dont have the one you want but heres another one i snapped in Japan anyways.

3gens.jpg

Yeh, when i get my laptop working ill upload some more pics.. i noticed you were lookin for a pic with the 3 generations of skyline.. I dont have the one you want but heres another one i snapped in Japan anyways.

3gens.jpg

Thanks,

I was really chasing after a photoshop one that i came accross a long time ago, really damn nice. Again, thanks anyway, more cherry blossom pics if you do have.

carsathomesmal.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my pictures...

I really like this photo, is this your house in Japan? If so, it’s nice to see a suburban house in Japan. All I have seen are densely packed home units in the cities.

I enjoy reading the Japan thread & I hope to visit the place one day. :D

I really like this photo, is this your house in Japan? If so, it’s nice to see a suburban house in Japan. All I have seen are densely packed home units in the cities.

I enjoy reading the Japan thread & I hope to visit the place one day. :D

Ohh this is my house in Australia mate.. The suburban house in Japan looks very different, alot more cramped. you are right!... My apartment in Japan could fit into the living room here.. Never take the space we have in Australia for granted!

Ohh this is my house in Australia mate.. The suburban house in Japan looks very different, alot more cramped. you are right!... My apartment in Japan could fit into the living room here.. Never take the space we have in Australia for granted!

Oopps, my bad. :P The front doors made me think it was in Japan. Nice house anyway.