SAU Community

Jim Berry Clutches

m0rt

Hey all just wonderin if anyone has ever had any problems with a Jim Berry?? Just helpin a mate pull his out of his GSR and it is to put it simple farqed

Hes had it in for bout 12 months or so and the car was off the road for a few months gettin an eng rebuild

My house mate and i are running Jim Berrys as well (in a rs liberty and a 33) and have had no dramas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waits for Shanef...........

Got one in a GTIR, caned as required, been in there at least 2 years, since install upped turbo/boost, added Pfc in the interim, 172kw@4wd nf'n prob. My boy said clutch goes better/smoother with more power available. Has the owner talked to Jim? Rules are you gotta tell Jim what power you is aim'n for & his clutch packages are built accordingly.

My 2c

Cheers GW

Nothing wrong with Jim Berry clutchs...

Have run a couple of them now and never had an issue...

There would be less than 0.1% chance the clutch was faulty, as a faulty cutch would break within minutes/hours not 12 months...

Although it might be worth going to see him with the clutch as he may hve an idea as to why it failed, he is a bloody smart man...

Yeah, agree with you all i've never had a problem with mine (except for adjusting to it) and my house mate hasn't either

He told Jim what kinda power outputs he was lookin at and stuff

Found out just today he spoke to him and supposably there is a fault in the drive shaft being to long and no having an adaquet bush/ bearing at the other end to support it and thats what caused the problem

I have had a jim berry clutch in my 33 for a few years. My car has made 399rwkw and have never has this thing slip. When the clutch was built it was 3800lb clamp force and rated at 380kw.

From a standing start i could drop the clutch at 8000rpm in 3rd gear and turn the tyres in to clouds of smoke.

The main thing I was told was to use graphite powder on the gearbox spline and i always took my foot off the clutch when stopped at traffic lights. If I was staying with a manual i would certainly buy another suited for my new power level

I had one installed about 8 months ago, never had any problems with it. I'd reccomend JB CLuthes anyday to anyone. Never heard of anyone with issues or never had any myself.

I've got one in my car but it was only built for small power, didn't get the full blown clutch he normally does for most people. Only complaints I've got are the clutch makes a ticking/clicking type noise when down changing, and also my car now makes a really awful grinding type noise when driving at 2,000 rpm in third or fourth which is quite annoying because 2,000rpm is roughly what RPM you do when doing 60klm in 4th gear. Not sure if that problem was a result of a poor install or if it's because I didn't get a full blown clutch like many others.

• 5 months later...
I have had a jim berry clutch in my 33 for a few years. My car has made 399rwkw and have never has this thing slip. When the clutch was built it was 3800lb clamp force and rated at 380kw.

From a standing start i could drop the clutch at 8000rpm in 3rd gear and turn the tyres in to clouds of smoke.

The main thing I was told was to use graphite powder on the gearbox spline and i always took my foot off the clutch when stopped at traffic lights. If I was staying with a manual i would certainly buy another suited for my new power level

What type of 'JIM BERRY' clutch is it and whats it worth?

PM me if you want

Thanks