SAU Community

Skyline Bulb Types

DRD-00F

I wrote this up to hopefully stop the innundation of many threads asking the same question. What bulb for what car? (sticky maybe?)

I don't have all the information, so if you have some information on the other types of cars, please PM me with the information and I will add it :rofl: (31, 32, 34 and V35 Skylines)

hidandautobulbsmw1.jpg

---R33 Skyline---

All 4 headlights are H1, the reflectors in the headlight spread the light differently between high and low beam

dsc03548lg3.jpg

The driving/fog lights are H3

piaa15556540wc5.jpg

The parker lights are regular wedge type parker lights, sometimes known as E1.

brakesmallhc8.jpg

The brake lights are regular bulbs (type 1157) with the two prongs on the bottom.

1157um3.jpg

The blinkers and reverse lights are regular bulbs (type 1156) with one prong on the bottom.

bulbs1qf2.jpg

picture037copywn4.jpg

cool :happy:

now can you tell me how to get the parkers out? i see a plug and a base. is the base supposed to turn and pull out?

btw, the driver's side is very very spacious. i could fit at least 1 finger in there ;)

You have to turn them 90 degrees...

To get the drivers side one out, I suggest you take out the washer bottle and undo then move the fuse box back...

It's still pretty crap though, but it males it a whole lot easier...

Great list! Looking forward to seeing some R34 ones.

As a start...

- 3 x T5 Wedge for the R34 Triple Gauge

- 5 x T5 Wedge for the Cluster

- T5 Wedge for the parkers (front)

To remove the parkers on the drivers you need to remove the washer bottles and the fuse box cover, that should give you just enough room. They need a 45deg turn and then they pull out, but they are tough little fûckers... Try the passenger side ones first to see how they come out...

cheers for the help ppls

i moved the washer bottle to the side, and managed to get it out, and back in, using long nose pliers.

here's my contribution to your thread :)

the parker bulb type, and holder. R33

post-29392-1198462460_thumb.jpg

T5 for parker? I always thought it was T10?

I thought it was T5 because I pulled out my T5s from the dash and put it in the parkers.. that's what i'm running in there at the moment, same lights as my dash ones. Perhaps they're socket compatible?

hay ive got a 1994 s1 skyline with the fog lights and indecators in the front bar, but ive got no button for the fog lights and i dont even know if there is any in there haha. just wondering if i was to put some h3 lights in there where could i wire them up to or where are they supposed to be wired up to????

There should be a little thing on the indicator stalk that you twist to turn them on...

Legally, I am pretty sure they are supposed to be on a seperate circuit, and even more legally, you can only use them in foggy conditions... not doing so will result in a fine...

HOWEVER, I do remember hearing about people not having bulbs in there at all... like, not even the holder or the wiring, just the glass basically... kinda odd :D

I got a set of strobe lights in my foggies hehe

I dunno about R34s but the R33 parkers, rear number plate lights and dash dial lights are all T10s

Also foggies are T10 and the front indicators are interchangeable with T10s as well.

Edited by POLICE

There should be a little thing on the indicator stalk that you twist to turn them on...

Legally, I am pretty sure they are supposed to be on a seperate circuit, and even more legally, you can only use them in foggy conditions... not doing so will result in a fine...

HOWEVER, I do remember hearing about people not having bulbs in there at all... like, not even the holder or the wiring, just the glass basically... kinda odd :(

my m8 has a s2 and his has that twist thing on his but mine doesn't have it at all, i have the holders but no lights or wires in it. what else can i wire some up to???

my m8 has a s2 and his has that twist thing on his but mine doesn't have it at all, i have the holders but no lights or wires in it. what else can i wire some up to???

You could wire them up to the regular lights, but this would take a lot of work, and again, you would proably get in trouble for it...

The best idea is to just make your own switch for them... though you have to remember that if you get a different front bar, or a large front mount intercooler, all this time will be wasted anyway...

A very useful write up... thanks mate... yeah, I think sticky this one.

I have it bookmarked for now, hopefully when I do the other types of skylines, it will get stickied :P

Thanks mate.... very very helpful

Can't wait to steal some time with mates cars to check the other types though :(