SAU Community

Rb26 Block With "r" Engine Number

Baz

I've worked in the compliance industry for a number of years and came across a motor which had a very usual marking on the engine block when I was attempting to get the engine number. It was in a 1994 R32 GTR Vspec with the an engine number that was something along the lines of the following

R B 2 6

R

7 * * * * * X

(The R should sit directly above the X marking)

I believe the X denotes that the block was sold seperately from nissan. That when a engine block is bought from nissan it will have this marked on it and the block requires it to be restamped. What I don't get is what the R marking above the X stands for. The stampings all look factory, but I could be mistaken. Does anyone know what this R marking could stand for? Does it mean that it is an N1 motor?

I also pulled the front cam cover off and all the bolts where brand new, as if it had come like that from factory. I'm quite baffled to know what it could be..

Edited by Baz

The number on the block that has .........X and then a R above is definatly a R34 Nur engine, these engine's are build by Nissan Motorsport and have the following specs in stead of the STD Rb26:

- R34 NUR cams little different then STD R34

- N1 block (24U)

- N1 piston rings

- piston + conrods weight balanced

- crankshaft weight balanced

- Nismo F112 bearings main + conrod

- N1 oil pump

- N1 waterpump

As you state all the bolts, nuts, the complete bare engine is new from Nissan Motorsport.

Here are some pics of a few I have/had:

img26692oy6.jpg

img26642eq9se1.jpg

Yup.. the engine number on the side of the block was exactly as the same as the one on the picture as above. The only thing I though is that it did not have variable valve timing such as found in the R34 GTR motors. Does that mean that it is not a R34 NUR motor then?

VCT is what I meant to say. Where exactly would the 24U be stamped on the block? Because I'm pretty sure there was a 05U cast into the underside of the block.

No they don't have VCT either. Where do people hear these crazy things?

VCT is what I meant to say. Where exactly would the 24U be stamped on the block? Because I'm pretty sure there was a 05U cast into the underside of the block.

On the passengers side in line with the collant outlet , close to number 3 cylinder, not easy to see under the turbos, you have to look up from under the car.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
G'day,

Can anyone please send me pics of the RRR block engine stamp. I believe the numbers and letters are actually raised not stamped as such, any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

KG

If you read my post above you will note that the Nismo GT block had RRR in caps ( just like the normal 5uand 24U blocks) on the turbo side close to number 3 cyl inline with the coolant pipe.

The engine number is in the normal place on the inlet side near the dipstick, RRR blocks have RB26 NS Axxx, just a 3 digit number from 001 to 200 , only 200 blocks made.

On this note, i have a mate with an R31 GTS-X RB20DET that also has an R in the engine number... Whilst on the 'R' 's what does this mean?

(Sorry to intrude on your thread, but i have asked before and no-one could help).

• 7 months later...
Wondering if R means refurbished or remanufactured?

yeaqh ive seen this on a few cars that had reco's in japland. I stamp all mine to and engrave certain things on the wings to remind me whats inside :)

• 3 years later...