SAU Community

260rs Diff Query

tRUkbOY

Ok so this is from my 260RS diff (LH Side). Does anyone recognise it from something else?

OutputFlange01.jpg

OutputFlange02.jpg

OutputFlange03.jpg

DIMENSIONS :

31.5mm diameter across splines

33mm diameter across middle section

35mm diameter across base of shaft

Spline section is about 40mm across the overall shaft length

31 teeth

155mm long overall

Does anyone by any chance have an R32 GTR or R33 GTR they can check?

It doesn't need to be the 6 x 1 flange as I'll change axles anyway. Basically I need to figure out the LH side so I can change both or find a RH side as I simply don't have it. This is so I can match the rear diff with the front 4.111

I am trying to avoid having to change my rear hubs to GTR

Thanks

Change to a GTR diff and axels. You going to have to at some stage man. Might as well get it over and done with.

Well it appears 260RS is essentially R32 GTR anyway so I should be alright. I hear what your saying though, thanks

i dont know about 260rs, but i know the stagea rs4 with a gtr diff needs longer axles

a long side from a gts4 fits the short side of the stagea and u need a long side of a gts4 for the long side of the stagea but it needs to be lengthened 40mm to fit.

260RS diff is R33 GTR diff. So are the axles.

The only R33 GTR diff I had to compare against was an Active Differential type (which was definitely different) so you could well be right. To be honest I had always assumed that 260RS was R33 GTR but I suppose R32/R33 output flanges could be the same.

Ive smashed my front diff (rear is still good) so you might want to look at that too.

I'm already running the 260RS front diff, hence why I need to change the rear to match it.

R32 GTR output flange is close enough that I could probably use it. On a whim seeing as they are also R230 I tracked down some 300ZX TT output flanges to compare against, as you can see they're quite a bit different again

media1.jpg

Dammit. I meant to say output shafts the same, not the axle shafts... My bad, sorry.

Oh ok, so I need R33 GTR output flanges then, thanks for that ;)

EDIT : I can confirm that yes they have the same part number. Cheers Psy

On the subject of R33 GTR. Can I use this :

media1-1.jpg

Its an active differential. These apparently came out in some R33 GTS25T's aswell. Has anyone ever retro-fitted one of these to there Skyline/Cefiro etc. Can anyone forsee any problem?

Edited by tRUkbOY

Well I have it all sorted now, my R33 GTR RH Output flange is on its way from Japan.

On top of that I sorted my axles and I don't need to change my hubs to GTR/260RS spec either. In case your wondering, no I am not going to use my piddly RS-Four axles nor am I using axle/diff adapters.

It was (in the end) all very easy. If anyone is interested I'll update with photos when my Output flange arrives in 2 weeks.

you guys are crazy with your GTR setups

SIMPLE solution

S13/14/15/y33/y32/gtst/r32/r33/

all the diffs are interchangable

you might not have mounts for the attessa shit, but you can make them

I have an s13, with WGNC34 rear cover, s14 solid diff mounts, and Nismo 2 way

swap the input shaft for the driveshaft from teh C34 to the s13 diff, bolt that ish up

throw some greddy or veruspeed gear oil in there and your good to go guys.

just make sure you get the output shafts wit hhte same number of bolts (6 i think?)

you guys are crazy with your GTR setups

SIMPLE solution

S13/14/15/y33/y32/gtst/r32/r33/

all the diffs are interchangable

Yup, I know. I work for a Nissan dismantler :)

you might not have mounts for the attessa shit, but you can make them

I have an s13, with WGNC34 rear cover, s14 solid diff mounts, and Nismo 2 way

swap the input shaft for the driveshaft from teh C34 to the s13 diff, bolt that ish up

throw some greddy or veruspeed gear oil in there and your good to go guys.

just make sure you get the output shafts wit hhte same number of bolts (6 i think?)

Yeah but in the end it seemed crazy for me to buy another diff (I'd already bought 2 others) when I had 80% of a GTR diff already. The flange only cost me $300 & now it bolts straight in and includes the mount for the ATTESSA pump. The axles were easy (don't believe what people tell you) and I get to have a mechanical LSD as opposed to Viscous

Yup, I know. I work for a Nissan dismantler :)

Yeah but in the end it seemed crazy for me to buy another diff (I'd already bought 2 others) when I had 80% of a GTR diff already. The flange only cost me $300 & now it bolts straight in and includes the mount for the ATTESSA pump. The axles were easy (don't believe what people tell you) and I get to have a mechanical LSD as opposed to Viscous

So what is the final parts needed?

Diff?

Output shafts?

LH and RH axles?

Anything else?

So what is the final parts needed?

Diff?

Output shafts?

LH and RH axles?

Anything else?

For me personally? CV grease & LSD oil. Otherwise I'm not quite sure I understand the question Darrin...............

EDIT : Sorry, I just read further up the thread. I'm fitting it all on Saturday so provided I don't run into anymore issues I'll post the full diff swap with pics on Sunday

Edited by tRUkbOY