SAU Community

[diy] Put A/v Input For 350gt W/o Reverse Camera

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Chris Rogers @ 23 Nov 2010, 07:34 AM) http://kanatechs.jp/english/distributor/index.html#cgl

give them a call.

you need:

http://kanatechs.jp/ax/n01v.html

which for them *MAY* be a special order but they are able to get it.

Chris,

thanks.

Chris,

Got a cable from the US which is for iPod input so I'm going to try this once the 3ft of Snow I have outside goes down!

If I get this to work I should be able to get a video signal in aswell which should allow me to see about a GPS unit in the

boot to work through the existing display.

I'm also wondering if I got a US spec. DVD drive would that give me english display?

pepsi..

• 3 months later...

this thread Is getting a little old, but I just got my v35 coupe. :action-smiley-069:

I have read the full thread, but cannot remember seeing the instructions / photos of how to cut the two wires behind the standard nav unit to enable the AUX video to stay on while moving. :unsure: If anyone can point me to it, it would be much appreciated.

this thread Is getting a little old, but I just got my v35 coupe. :action-smiley-069:

I have read the full thread, but cannot remember seeing the instructions / photos of how to cut the two wires behind the standard nav unit to enable the AUX video to stay on while moving. :unsure: If anyone can point me to it, it would be much appreciated.

Hi John, check out Pete82's post on page 10 of this thread. I think this is the easiest way to achieve what you're after. Get back to me if you want more info.

Do you have a digital tuner for you V35 yet? Let me know if you need one.

Cheers, Leon.

Do you have a digital tuner for you V35 yet? Let me know if you need one.
Thanks Leon, I have no real plan for TV, for now. I really just want audio. And maybe an OBDII reader after that.

Thanks Leon, I have no real plan for TV, for now. I really just want audio. And maybe an OBDII reader after that.

I can recommend the Greddy Informeter as a good reader for these cars.

I think I would be looking at going for something integrated with the Carputer such as the Blazt cable and software. But that is after I get the audio system setup (ie a media centre style PC).

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the AUX cable I got from Chris on the weekend (and also did a conversion with Andy, and a tint), and got a bit of an unexpected free bonus.

The previous talk of how the AUX does not work by default while in motion, is actually only for the video, the audio keeps playing; i completely missed that. So, until I get my car-pc set up, I have an MP3 player connected to AUX in. It's actually pretty supprising that the audio from the MP3 keeps playing while you are in one of the standard screens (eg fuel consumption) My 6-stacker CD player is jammed, and AM radio was not putting me in a happy place.

Hey Chris,

I've got a 2001 M35 and I'm going to put in a dvd headunit and want to hook it up to the OE screen. Was wondering if you still have the harness that connects to the AUX socket on the tuner to the RCA sockets? If you do, what would be the cost of getting one over to NZ? Otherwise I'll just gash it up to the pins.

If I was to just connect to the pins, I'm assuming the ground pin and shield pin are common?

Cheers,

Alex

If I was to just connect to the pins, I'm assuming the ground pin and shield pin are common?

Hi Alex

The shield / braid of both the audio wires (red & white) are connected together. The shield of the video (yellow) is on a separate pin.

This is the layout of the white socket on your tuner:

1________6

2__3__4__5

1 - audio right (red - inner conductor)

2 - audio left (white - inner conductor)

3 - audio ground (shield of both red & white above)

4.- video (yellow - inner conductor)

5 - not used

6 - video shield (yellow - outer sheild)

I hope this helps

Leon.

What are people using to switch between a reverse camera, and a tuner or DVD player, both going into the AUX socket? I am thinking of making a two wire relay switch (off the reverse lights), but thought there must be a more elegant method already in use?

What are people using to switch between a reverse camera, and a tuner or DVD player, both going into the AUX socket? I am thinking of making a two wire relay switch (off the reverse lights), but thought there must be a more elegant method already in use?

That will work if you do it that way. You can also get the tuner and have an extra yellow RCA added inside the tuner so its hidden you still need a relay.

• 3 weeks later...

When i opened up the TV Tuner, i found that there are 2 pins on the circuit board from the main plug that have CONT 1 and Cont 2 written on the PCB.

So i connected a relay off the reverse lights whichs ground the CONT 1 Pin therefore automatically switching in the reverse camera when placed into reverse.

post-55164-1244435121_thumb.jpg

So, if I am reading this right, these two points on the circuit board actually come out of the box in the main cable? I would prefer to splice/solder something outside of the box. Anyone know anymore detail as to which wire(s) it is?

I am also looking for an "ignition on" wire, in the boot. My plan is to simply get out my multimeter, and test each of the pins in each of the TV plugs, unless someone can point me in the direction of a better idea?

I cant remember which wires are C1 or C2 but you could take the tuner out and remove the cover to see which pin goes to what wire. Could be quicker option than waiting for a reply. Also a MM will do the trick to find main power and acc and yes its in the main plug.

Thanks guys, hopefully by the end of today the actual install of the Computer will be done; I think I have software 90% there. With the reversing camera and OBDII integration being next; software alreadey up and runnong.

I bought a CCD NTSC reversing camera off eBay, and will need to create a relay box to switch over the video, when in reverse.