SAU Community

1993 Active Model Toyota Soarer - One Of Only 873 Made

Hi Guys,

I'm now selling my active soarer. A bit of history on the car.

It's a silver 1993 Active and is one of the later model actives in the country. It's number 798 out of approx 850 ever made. It was imported and owned by Kip Wightman (nova radio personality) and he drove it in WA, then in sydney when he moved here. I bought it from him.

It has all the good Active gear:

Active suspension

4 wheels steering

turbo sized brakes

EMV

factory reverse camera

electric memory seats and mirrors

heated seats

sonic cleaning and heated mirrors

LCD rear view mirror

CD Stacker

automatic headlights

cruise control

auto retracting steering wheel

leather and woodgrain interior (real wood)

V8

Auto

and all of these options are still working :-)

While Kip had it it was serviced at Sydney City Lexus. He also replaced some front end bushes with the Vlamos bushes and he had the rear shocks rebuilt and re-gassed. He also replaced the air-con compressor (at a cost of $1000!) so the air-con is tip top.

Since I've owned it I've had to repair blinky dash (done at Nams) and I've had the full 100,000km service done. All servicing including this major service has been done at Grey Imports in Annandale. The car is very reliable and used mostly as a daily car.

I also changed the Blitz wheels for some Rays Engineering, Volk Racing Evo2 wheels 17X8.5 front and 17X9.5 rear with 235 Pirelli P Zeros up front and Bridgestone GIII on the back in 255 width.

Current issues with the car:

drivers window is a bit squeaky

interior is getting a bit worn in places

suspension has some occaisional low speed bounce in it now (guessing either shocks or valve body need fixing)

front lip is cracked on passenger side

small paint chip on front bumper from some bastard touch parking

Other than that is a good car, and awesome value. It will be very hard to replace but I really want a V35 coupe, but can't get it while I still have the soarer. Bear in mind the active soarer was approx double the price of any other model soarer and it's hydraulic suspension (NOT air bags) is amazing. Also unlike air-bag models the hydraulic suspension in an active is easily removed and rebuilt without too much cost.

check this out. same corner, same speed:

twocars.jpg

info on rebuilding the shocks: http://www.planetsoarer.com/UZZ32/uzz32struts.htm

It has approx 120,000kms.

I've also replaced the steering rack bushes last year. And I replaced the radiator overflow tank/header tank too with a new genuine one (cost over $300!).

I'm after a very realistic $12,500. I would say if you were prepared to spend $1500 on it you would have one of the nicest Actives around. and an awesome car. V8 power, big comfy leather seats, nice 10 speaker system (with sub woofer) and looks nice too.

Call me on 0405 186 433 to view the car in Sydney, Northshore.

pics:

Scroll down to #798 http://www.planetsoarer.com/UZZ32/uzz32info.htm

and more recent pics here with current rego and wheels. These were taken just a couple of weeks ago by me.

picture014kt0.jpg

picture020fu8.jpg

picture006hw7.jpg

picture004ox1.jpg

rear wheels and tyres

picture009ls1.jpg

front wheels and tyres

picture008vr2.jpg

rear seat:

picture027nk3.jpg

rear screen/parcel shelf

picture030kx4.jpg

stacker

picture094uc5.jpg

seat memory AND seat heaters

picture035vp6.jpg

digital dash showing nice idle, and current-ish kms

picture076qn4.jpg

reverse camera working well

picture074ua5.jpg

interior condition

picture029da6.jpg

build plate

picture046vm0.jpg

engine bay

picture040xc3.jpg

picture017xf9.jpg

I love it mate. Have been agonising selling the UZZ31 to get a UZZ32 but I think a BA XR8 ute will serve me better. Plus the wife wants something newer so has decided on a 350GT-8 sedan. Ugly but 8 speed with paddles.......

BTW in case I change my mind, has it got an LSD and if so what type? I couldn't do the boat ramps without one.

BA XR8 would be good. much newer etc, but the soarer is a far better car, just would need more dilligent servicing etc. I'm not sure what type of diff is in it. I'm guessing it's some kind of VLSD. never really punted it too hard but it turn both tyres nicely when required... not that i'd know of course...

i've wanted a V35 for a while and was all set of the GT-8. 8 speed with paddles is pretty cool, but now that the coupes price has dropped a bit I can't go past one. the 4 door looks like balls next to the coupe. shame they didn't put the 8 speed in a coupe. :D

this car will be near impossible to replace for something with the same kind of looks, presence and comfort.

Very nice car Richard. I looked at a Soarer before I got the Cosmo and I would have only gotten an active.

Good price too - Good luck with sale.

PS - If anyone wants to hot this up - you can get a supercharger kit for them - ball tearer V8 with a blower.

I agree Richard, they are the best value for money luxury sports car available and far better quality than any locally made car and they still look great. I've had the UZZ31 since 98 and only need to replace it as we really need the ute for our current lifestyle. Plus here in Ipswich a V8 ute is mandatory and they have no traction control for the circle work :D The V35 sedan is unfortunately the ugly duckling but hide it with lots of black and shiny wheels and it's not too bad.

I'd guess it has a torsen perhaps since it will spin them which is a pretty decent diff. Most were an option but some were transplanted from Supras. I've spent a fair bit of time on PlanetSoarer and the old ALSC too.

Brendan it was a toss up for a Cosmo for me as well, but the compliance at the time was non existent and the back seats just a little small.

I agree Richard, they are the best value for money luxury sports car available and far better quality than any locally made car and they still look great. I've had the UZZ31 since 98 and only need to replace it as we really need the ute for our current lifestyle. Plus here in Ipswich a V8 ute is mandatory and they have no traction control for the circle work :D The V35 sedan is unfortunately the ugly duckling but hide it with lots of black and shiny wheels and it's not too bad.

I'd guess it has a torsen perhaps since it will spin them which is a pretty decent diff. Most were an option but some were transplanted from Supras. I've spent a fair bit of time on PlanetSoarer and the old ALSC too.

Brendan it was a toss up for a Cosmo for me as well, but the compliance at the time was non existent and the back seats just a little small.

Going by the ID plate it has axle listed as 'A01A' meaning its a single spinner, needs to be 'A01B' for LSD. Although its very easy to swap LSD centres from Supra's into these, so possibly that has been done.

Awesome car though, you should try posting it at www.soarercentral.com

thanks for the info mate :blink:

and yep, I did post it on soarercentral great forum, i've been on there a few years. well basically ever since I bought the soarer!

oh, and if I was keeping this I'd do:

dark tint

supercharger kit (hopefully up around 250rwkw)

nice extractors and exhaust

then you have one mighty quick low flying lounge chair!

bump..

KIP has replied..

wow, she still looks great, i'm glad he's looked after it so well. if i had a 4 car garage i might be interested. I actually bought a newer (98) soarer after i sold that it's got a nice single turbo VVti engine and goes great, but i'm about to sell it cos' it's done 96ks so i'm gonna try something totally new for the first time in about a decade!

Cheers

so there you go..

Von Barons car is still endorsed by a celebrity :closedeyes:

lol, yeah he bought the late model soarer when he sold me this one. i think it was manual too. either way it was really nice.

well you can't get much better than that folks, celebrity history. Plus I owned it too which is even more important really. :kiss:

I also still have a pencil with Kip Wightmans bite marks in it to assure the buyer of authenticity. and no i'm not joking. it's in the glovebox.