SAU Community

Gas Struts

Duncan

I did the bonnet struts when the car go there - they were dead. Maxima bonnet struts fit and worked fine (sorry the guy didn't know the series they were from so I can't confirm exact model code).

Anyway - my next problem is now the boot struts are dying - does anyone know a local replacement or do I need the bloke to bring his whole collection again?

If you go to any truck or bus spare parts joint they will have them. You only need to know two important things: 1. the pressure rating from the sticker on the side of the strut - in NM newton metres. 2. the travel length of the strut.

no pressure rating on the struts unfortunately - that would have been too easy.

Also - they are L and R according to their casings, and they don't use standard ball/spring type mounts. Looks like this is going to be a pain

no pressure rating on the struts unfortunately - that would have been too easy.

Also - they are L and R according to their casings, and they don't use standard ball/spring type mounts. Looks like this is going to be a pain

I think you'll find the L and R mean jack shit. I had mine re-gassed the other day and I think I remember the man saying this.

I did the bonnet struts when the car go there - they were dead. Maxima bonnet struts fit and worked fine (sorry the guy didn't know the series they were from so I can't confirm exact model code).

Anyway - my next problem is now the boot struts are dying - does anyone know a local replacement or do I need the bloke to bring his whole collection again?

Got my bonnet struts replaced from a mobile guy that has at least heard about stageas... i.e he didnt give me the ususal 'you have a nissan what???' when looking for parts.

Can come round to you if need be. Did them for bout $80 on exchange where he gets to keep your ones... they werent any use to me so was happy to hand them over.

Have his details round somewhere, let us know if you need them.

Edited by skye

• 4 weeks later...
prolly the same guy then :) he asked me "nissan what eh?" but then wrote it down afterwards....I'll get him out for the boot as well

Sorry to start up old thread, but my S2 bonnet struts are dying a slow death and will fail shortly i think. So Nissan Maxima bonnet struts fit yeah? The mobile guy should have a pair?

Ok my struts died today. In need for a new pair, can someone clarify whether they are the maxima ones that fit? and also has anyone in the sydney area had their's replaced and can recommend somoene? Sorry to be repetitive, just did not quite catch on to what struts were being used. :P

If you go to any truck or bus spare parts joint they will have them. You only need to know two important things: 1. the pressure rating from the sticker on the side of the strut - in NM newton metres. 2. the travel length of the strut.

true that if you are unshure take your strut with you and show them so the can measure it and they will have a rough idear of the stenth if it's not ritten on it.

go to a truck supplyer or a company that manafactures truck bodies or tradsman trailers and toolboxes.

in newcastle we have ovesco. hope this helps yu out

• 9 months later...