SAU Community

Beer Baron's Japan Photo Diary

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, a few more pics. I will do heaps and heaps more once I have some time. I have 500 from nismo festival alone.

Some pics of my new engine being built at Prime Garage. Awesome tuning shop and amazing work. Please bear in mind it's not finished yet. About 80% done. They will remove the squish pads on one side still, and open up the exhaust ports (you can see the scribe lines as to how far it will go).

intake side:

picture020xf7.jpg

exhaust side

picture017tg1.jpg

picture001yt8.jpg

picture031ya2.jpg

picture040js7.jpg

some of the bits.

picture044np7.jpg

where the magic happens. the zed in the foreground is what I was driving there.

picture063op3.jpg

A very special crank. 1 of only 5 ever made. Tets at prime used one in the engine he built for D1 driver yosinoka (AE86). It's 20 valve 4AG puts out 357ps at the wheels and it's NA!!!! The HKS crank (bottom of pic) looks like rubbish in comparison.

picture112iy6.jpg

ok, small update. Yesterday was drifting at fuji speedway. and today was Tsukuba Rev Speed Super Lap Battle. M-speed GTR was fastest for the second year in a row with a 54 second lap!

Got some awesome pics. will begin the slow task of uploading shortly.

Tsukuba Hyper Rev Super Lap Battle.

The famed Tsukuba pit area:

img6786yy6.jpg

The now famous Aussie GTR of Mark Berry and Russel Newman. They did an awesome job with Mark pulling out sub 1 minute laps which is no mean feat. He got a best of 59, with the notable handicap of not being able to get a hold of the favoured Super Soft or even Soft compound tyres. he was left to run on mediums which don't have near the outright pace.

img6791em0.jpg

Cusco Evo X was one of a number of Evo Xs out there. They look pretty cool actually.

img6863we6.jpg

Cusco also had a new WRX STI there too. Proving they are keeping at the fore front of development of parts for new models.

img6864ek0.jpg

Tracy Sports. Silly name, serious car. I think they were going for loudest NSX in the world. This car practically made my ears bleed. Quite fast though.

img6795oi7.jpg

What would a Super Lap be without the ex garage HRS Cyber Evo? of course being driven by eji "tarzan" yamada. legendary car breaker!

img6869sk2.jpg

Trial EVO looked pretty good. not sure on times though, but I don't think it was near the heavy hitters.

img6896zf2.jpg

The M-Speed 34 GTR looked and sounded insane on track. and of course it was fastest outright too. It could also pass as a show car. The attention to detail and level of presentation is second to none. Race cars don't have to look fast, they just have to go fast but the M-Speed GTR achieves both. :woot:

img6920uw8.jpg

This is me about to be killed by the sumo power car. As I had a press pass I was able to get inside the fence. which meant there was nothing between me and the track accept for a 4 foot high barrier. I was standing on the outside at the final turn, the fastest turn on the track. The sumo car lost it bad and started oversteering straight for me! I just snapped 2 shots then ducked as a massive shower of stones and dirt headed my way. Lucky he was able to keep it off the wall. just.

img6942rh5.jpg

Mark Berry flying the aussie flag high. He was supreme out of the final corner able to get on the power very early and just hang on through the corner apex. Many of the other cars were only able to flatten it well past the apex, and some even past the corner exit.

img6946ks2.jpg

The M-Speed GTR. Just takes your breath away. amazing car.

img7009ip2.jpg

MCR had their R35 there too. The mines car looked awesome being belted around Tsukuba too. :(

img6801qc5.jpg

img6855tn8.jpg

Mines car:

img6966pk2.jpg

img7025hr5.jpg

and on the freeway after our little run in. needless to say the Top Secret GTR I was in was faster, but the 35 was still hauling ass!

img7109ud9.jpg

img7107ru7.jpg

ok, I think that's it for tonight. pretty knackered. had 3 or 4 hours sleep per night these last few days. will do more tomorrow as tomorrow is rest day. :)

thanks mate. yes I have known Tets at prime for a number of years. he is a great guy, and runs an awesome shop. his mechanic tono has a toyota 4 door of some kind (chaser, crest or something) with a full welded roll cage, SR20 conversion and lots of good gear. but looks very subtle. he just recently drove it in the Kyushu time attack at autopolis and came first in class! not bad. The fact that tets as built a 1.6litre 4 cylinder NA that makes 357ps atw is pretty damn amazing too. lucky for me he is building my new RB26 personally. :woot:

still got hundreds of nismo festival pics, plus a couple hundred from today's time attack. had press passes at both so there are few really nice pics in the bunch. also have a few hundred from the drift event yesterday at fuji. but no time or energy :woot:

farking unbelievable post and pics mate. Keep them coming. It must have blown your mind. Have you been for a ride in a R35GTR yet? Can you bring one in your suitcase for me? I will happily cough up the $80k :woot:

Wow,

Thanks once again for these pics its always fantastic to see someone elses perspective over the other side of the world.

Also

Prime make body kits yeh? or maybe it was just a kit that i hadnt seen, because im after there rear bar for a 180 cant find no where!

no worries, happy to share the pics, and it's nice that people enjoy and appreciate them. :woot:

I will ask tets about kits but 90% sure they don't make em. probably just a mix and match of other kits.