SAU Community

R33 - How-to Fix The Auto Power Window Relay

Lazy-Bastard

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a noise (fast clicking) on my drivers side window but only when the window gets right to the top. I've taken the door trim of and had a look but cannot locate this relay. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I've got a noise (fast clicking) on my drivers side window but only when the window gets right to the top. I've taken the door trim of and had a look but cannot locate this relay. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

No one had this issue on a 95 or later model 33?

• Like 1

I read this threat a while back, worked just fine, but since then i would of had to pull it apart another 4-5 times as different joins keeped breaking, in the end i just did the whole lot, been fine since...dunno if anyone else has the re-occuring problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just to add to it also myne stopped working so pulled the relay apart and if i manually pressed the contacts down it would work fine a contact points file later and all good :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm having a bit of a problem understanding what others have done, I have the clicking noise and have taken the relay out.. If I press manually on the contacts, the window goes up/down no problems. If I just try and use the switch to go down, it won't do it.

Previous poster 'benno013' said a contacts file later and all good... can anyone tell me what that means? Maybe I'm just being really dumb here haha.

Thanks for any help guys.

• 2 months later...

:) Lazy Bastard you are AWSOME!!!

Had probs wif my drivers window for ages then it got stuck, i could hear clicking in the door frame....took it to electricians cost me $44 for them to tell me i needed to replace motor and reg so i did that, took it back to electricians to install, that cost me $88 and as i was driving off my window didnt work, the switch for the passenger side didnt work and the lock switch wouldnt move..took it back was told i needed a new switch and the auto stop button inside the door frame..WHAT THE F*#K!!!

Got home took my switch apart found that they busted a clip on passenger switch and didnt line up the lock switch and mashed it on!!! (lucky i had a spare control panel put away)

I go online and find lazy bastards thread, pulled off the relay and i have exactly the same crack in the solder!!!!

Moral to the story......dont spend $250 on useless electricians when you can go on sau and fix it yourself!!!

Those electricians are gona cop it tomorrow!!! :D

• 1 month later...

Today my windows goes up and down without to much problem... well I have to pull the windows up sometimes by hand...

But when using the the auto up/down, it doesn't shut down after getting to the max (up or down)... I can still hear the motor running and not stopping....

Think it is the realy doing that?

Great, thanks for this write up.

cleared up a few things for me with the stupid window. damn thing was open while i was working just as it started to rain... then it gave up LOL.

• 1 month later...

Lazy-Bastard you are a legend!!

I searched and searched the first time my power window stopped going (curiously in cold/wet weather as well) and all I ended up finding was a bit of a ghetto fix of turning the relay upside down and whacking it then trying again.. it worked, for only so long.

Took my relay apart and found about 3-4 dodgy looking solder joints and once I fixed them up it worked like a charm! I haven't had a good play with it yet now it's fixed but I hope it means the end of the flick down before up when trying to get the window to go up sometimes, and then there was the gentle elbow whilst holding down to get it to go down.. ahh.

• 1 month later...

Thankyou for this thread!

Found a hairline fracture in a few of the solders and fixed up in 5min, works a treat!

Also, funny after researching this problem just how many people are WTB new control boxes...

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys wonder if you can help me, having similar problems with my s2 R33 gtst

Drivers window hsa been starting to play up over a few months, never has any problems going down, can stop at any point going down no worries and all works hunky dorey. Can go up form this same point no worries too. However if the window is allowed to go fully down and clicks into position some issues can arrise. A intermidate clicking noise can be head form inside the door, 2 click then few secodns gap and repeat. When trying to make the window go up sometimes the switch wont work and requeres some pushing down up down up or a bit of a wriggle. clicking stops straight away and the window goes up as normal...

Window has never not gone up but can take a few clicks.

Any idea if its the same thing or what i should look into?

Cheers

• Like 1