SAU Community

Edward Lee's Japanese Auto Centre

understated

pretty expensive (yard prices i mean). and one of the sales people there (indian bloke, dunno if his still there or not) is a total f*khead its liek his doign you a favour for him to talk to you. this was a far while back tho bout a year or so. but everyone else there other then that guy.. ive had good experiences with :(

got my 350gt through them

nice enough blokes to deal with

staffing issues at the time though. kept waiting to be called back from the dude dealing with my car (compliance and such) , finally cracked the shits and called them and was told errrr sorry, he no longer works here.

happened with two different staff members

but phils a nice enough guy. typical used car salesman

dont buy there, theyre too expesnive and hanyou, i know that guy your talking about, he's a dick and same with the guy across the road at ginza imports..dunno if he's there nemore either

Guys, I find that generally, from reading the forums, you get more good feedback than bad feedback. I have been researching into the area of defamation recently, and it is quite evident why moderators often delete posts containing negative feedback.

The case of Ebay v Grace comes to mind for those who are interested.

2 years ago when i was looking at buying a R32 gtst they had one which i drove, nice clean car, but not worth the 17,990 price tag they were asking, black, 120kms, stock as a rock.....

Stupid me gave them my phone number and got harassing phone calls about the best deal ever, and dont miss it, and pushing me into buying it...

eventually they stopped calling after i told them to fark off. ended up buying a nicer 32 privately for 13....

18k for a 32, get farked

Bought my R33 from them 2 years ago. Never had a problem with the car.

I agree with what some people are saying about high prices, but you can bargain them down quite a bit depending on the car & if they really want (need) the sale.

Although... if you buy a car from them make sure everything works. When I picked the car up the cd player was stuffed. forgot to try the cd player during the test drive :P

other than that the car is in excellent condition. I always change the audio system from stock anyway.

dont really recommand that place, they seems always change staff?!

most of the cars there are bit pricy, compare with other dealer around it, i recommand sefs import, just cross the road, alot of positive comment..

Guys, I find that generally, from reading the forums, you get more good feedback than bad feedback. I have been researching into the area of defamation recently, and it is quite evident why moderators often delete posts containing negative feedback.

The case of Ebay v Grace comes to mind for those who are interested.

I'm interested in learning more about the case you've cited. Is there any more info on the web or just google?

Thanks

My mate got his 180sx from Ginza. They have some nice cars but are WAY over priced!! I got my r33 from TOKYO IMPORTS, further up the road. Great guys, some pristine examples of nissans finest and a great price!! Speak to Alan, the manager. He knocked off $4g for me before i even started bargaining. And i got to choose from any wheels in the yard plus brand new mp3 player and cheap 3yr warranty. So yeah, top place to deal with.

Didnt like the service at all! took over a month to get my car which they said would be ready in a week.then they tell me "we complied the wrong car"....they also gave me a car in that time it took but no one knew i had it took 2 days to find that i had the car and they were only looking for it coz someone was buying it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the positive and negative feedback. Finding good people to look after customers is the key. One lousy salesperson can do alot of damage. The best solution? Employ less people - then you can then deal direct with the boss - Me! Phil Lee

got my car from them, they were willing to negotiate and i was able to get a really good price, better than i could get elsewhere. It depends on what your looking for, while some may seem overpriced, you can be pretty sure that the car is in better condition and better maintained than the cheaper ones. I got my R33 straight from Japan as a 2nd owner and had no problems, there were the same model cars over here, that had double the k's, worse condition and they were being sold for more....so you've jsut gotta look around like anything. Theres always a good deal to be found somewhere!