SAU Community

Rear Door Window

3intheBack

I had a problem with the rear passenger door glass hitting the hard rubber surround along the top edge whenever I shut the door with the window up.

This would always cause an air leak sound even at low speeds. So I had to lower then raise the window everytime the door was opened.

Stagea, in their infinite wisdom, put in adjustment screws to help with this problem and the following was my attempt to fix the glass level.

post-25601-1158241205.jpg

Screwdriver shows where to prize off the door handle plastic surround - On the top front edge.

post-25601-1158241333.jpg

Picture of the back of the plastic surround shows the single clip.

post-25601-1158241549.jpg

Underneath is the mounting screw for the panel. 10mm socket works easier than the phillips screwdriver. The rest of the panel comes off by simply pulling around the edges to release the clips. A short, sharp yank with your finger tips is all that is required. See pictue below for where the mounting holes are situated.

post-25601-1158241720.jpg

Be sure to disconnect the electrics - a small screwdriver is needed to release clip, then slide out.

post-25601-1158241862.jpg

All off and admiring the view. Plastic weather protection will need to be removed along the top edge to get at the level adjustors. Pull gently on the plastic without stretching it out of shape and it will stick back into place.

If you look carefully, you'll be able to see the holes where the plastic mounting clips go - so you'll know where to pull on the door trim. Check out the quality of those speakers - the factory must have spent a whole $5 on those babies! And $1 on the foam.

post-25601-1158242015.jpgpost-25601-1158242348.jpg

This picture shows the level adjustors with increments. You can see by the worn ring mark in the paint where it used to be and how far I had to drop the glass. There are two adjustors - one for the front edge and one for the rear. I only needed to adjust the rear to fix my problem.

post-25601-1158242097.jpg

This picture shows the little cloth pads that the glass runs against when moving up and down.

They can also be adjusted to change the angle of the glass on the 'in and out' plane - if that makes any sense. I believe they need to be left with a reasonable amount of play in them as the window changes angle as if feeds up and down. Keep these clean or you will scratch the glass.

The best position to have the glass is where it will just pop under the edge of the hard plastic surround on the body without getting caught on it.

I hope this help you enjoy noiseless motoring and to avoid breaking something unnecessarily.

Happy tinkering,

Warren

Edited by 3intheBack

Beatuful, GREAT writeup! This might get lost in the Stagea section, so you might want to think about having it moved to the DIY section, either way, I am putting a link to it in the "Mega Stagea Link" thread :)

Again very nice writeup! Thanks!

• 1 year later...

i did it the other day but i cant remove the damn plugs to the power controls. How did you unplug it? the side morrow adjuster can be unplugeed easy but not the power window one. Lemme know. thanks

Yudy

• 1 month later...

All the electrical plugs use the same locking system. You need to push in the little clip on the side. Use a screwdriver are similar. It can be a prick of a job as you need two hands to unplug it and two hands to hold the door fab.

• 1 year later...
i did it the other day but i cant remove the damn plugs to the power controls. How did you unplug it? the side morrow adjuster can be unplugeed easy but not the power window one. Lemme know. thanks

Yudy

Having this same problem, driver's side front on S2... power controls plug (the big one) doesn't matter how far the locking tab is depressed, it's stuck like glue. Yet I know it's not glued 'cause I plugged it in myself not 4 months ago.

• 3 years later...

We had been having trouble with window alignment of the left rear door window glass in our S2 for a while.

Recently i had the door to a point where i could make some minor adjustments and then i found the alingment problem for our car.

I found that there is a small white plastic bush that slides in the glass runner, which the regulator arms are mounted to via a little metal balljoint. I found that plastic bush was split in half and allowing the glass to lay back.

I have been into Nissan and i was told that i can't even buy a new complete regulator.

Has anybody found this same problem and be willing to share a solution.

Cheers, Jason.

• 2 years later...