SAU Community

Air Con Filter

chook

What were the differences you saw between the 2 ? I have ordered this one, http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ap-murase/pc205b/ , (pic is not relevant) but in the table at the bottom it is for an R50 pathfinder as you said, but there is note next to WC34, basically saying that it is not an exact fit. So I am assuming it will require a modification.

There is also a possibility that the N15 Pulsar ones are a close match, but im not sure if the Oz model had them fitted.

Will post pics once I receive them.

No difference really, in fact a little piece of paper inside the box listed WC34 amongst others.

Last time I asked Nissan Aust, they said a different A/C unit was used in the N15 Pulsars in Oz, but again who knows?

Timmeh, not sure where you are in NSW, but you should have gone into Lincorp (Parramatta Nissan are part of this group) and shown your membership card for SAU-NSW - they would probably have given you a discount equivalent to the trade price or similar. I think there is also some account number you have to quote to get the SAU-NSW discount as well as show your card, but details would be in the NSW Members' section.

I only got a price as a guide for people who were interested, they can go to their dealer of choice. As I said in an earlier post I got the AY685-NS003 Kit in Japan so I don't need to purchase here.

Just doing this as a service for others!

• 6 months later...

Did any one manage to confirm the part number for the M35 pollen filter?

I just rang Nissan to try to get it using the part number listed on the photo of the filter with no success.

Cheers

Andy

I just rang Nissan to try to get it using the part number listed on the photo of the filter with no success.

Cheers

Andy

Does it need to be the Nissan one Andy?

Will a Denso pollen filter suffice?

I will try my Denso contact to see if they are either in the country or can be brought in as well as price of course (I want one too! Still running the original - can't be good)

Does it need to be the Nissan one Andy?

Will a Denso pollen filter suffice?

I will try my Denso contact to see if they are either in the country or can be brought in as well as price of course (I want one too! Still running the original - can't be good)

I have ordered one from Brookvale Nissan. I need to order another part so I did it all together and they will have it tomorrow so that is pretty good. Price is about $60 but will confirm that tomorrow.

I tried the part number shown on Ian's post a while back but they did not have that listed. Hornsby Nissan could not find my car on FAST but Brookvale could and had no problem telling me the right part.

When I pull the old one out I will take some photo's and do some measurements.

It would be good to have a cheaper option.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers

Andy

Assuming we are talking about the cabin air filter here, air con filter. Yeah that number in photo meant nothing to nissan. Psoted the following in parts thead awhile ago after i sussed it out:

Asked the parts girl to grab me a maxima one to measure up on a guess they may be same size. Problem solved. Nissan Part number B727A-79925. (fitted 2001 M35 Stagea 250RS fine)

Also while i'm here i recently picked up a K&N ENGINE air filter (panel/original type fitment) part no 33-2031-2 and a veruspeed oil filter #15208 RN010.

Assuming we are talking about the cabin air filter here, air con filter. Yeah that number in photo meant nothing to nissan. Psoted the following in parts thead awhile ago after i sussed it out:

Asked the parts girl to grab me a maxima one to measure up on a guess they may be same size. Problem solved. Nissan Part number B727A-79925. (fitted 2001 M35 Stagea 250RS fine)

Also while i'm here i recently picked up a K&N ENGINE air filter (panel/original type fitment) part no 33-2031-2 and a veruspeed oil filter #15208 RN010.

Thanks for that info. Ah yes, the parts thread.

I will make sure the one they give me tomorrow is this part number or equivelant.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks for the part number, this is what they gave me based off my VIN and it is a perfect fit. (B727A-79925)

cost was $58 inc GST

I was told Ben at North Shore Prestige that it may be possible to get them a bit cheaper but he as only talking about $10 and that was from Japan. for the convenience of being able to pick it up the same day from a Nissan dealer I am happy to pay the premium.

The change over of the filter took 10 minutes so pretty easy. Just remove the glove box and open that filter cover, remove old one, slot new one in and put glove box back in. 6 screws to remove in all so pretty easy.

The filter needed to be replaced, it was black.

cheers

Andy

post-41854-1247309218_thumb.jpg

see how its crushed at one end? it wasnt installed properly. notice on the back of the door there are guides, they push the filter UP. so if you just pop it in and close the door, that will crush it. so check yours andy.

when you put it in, gently close the door while pushing the filter up so the guides on the door slide inderneath it and it sits in the correct position.

see how its crushed at one end? it wasnt installed properly. notice on the back of the door there are guides, they push the filter UP. so if you just pop it in and close the door, that will crush it. so check yours andy.

when you put it in, gently close the door while pushing the filter up so the guides on the door slide inderneath it and it sits in the correct position.

Did that. Thanks

Cheers

Andy

Got my filters out over the weekend woot! woot! they were material ones. Pulled bracket apart and removed the Black carbon filter as it was disintegrating and replaced it with some carbon sponge pads and after a good clean all good :( Not entirely sure that it will make any difference to anything haha but its a job done i guess

Cheers

• 8 months later...
Ok, so is there any sort of trick for the series 2 to get the 2 filters out. I have removed the glovebox, metal and plastic panels behind and I am left with the bottom filter being stuck behind a panel that is attached to the dash and can't be removed without removing the dash or cutting. The top filter seems to be stuck. I can pull it out about 5mm but it won't come out any more. I figure if I can remove the top filter then I should be able to lift the bottom filter up and pull it out. Is this the right idea? Does the top filter just need a bit of gentle persuasion? This is a pic of what I am faced with..

DSC00662.jpg

Hi Guys I to have a Series 2 with the plastic brace, I have found a way to get the filters out without cutting the plastic brace. all you need to do is remove the 3 screws and 1 spring clip on the Black box the filters are in and lever it open just enough to drop the bottom filter which unlocks the top filter, you can then slid it out, it's a little fiddly and you need to bend it a little but it can be done

Regards Phill

• 5 months later...

In case anyone wants more details of the M35 cabin filter, RYCO supply 2 types (made in Israel) and this is what it says on the box.

RCA100P is a particle filter that supposedly filters pollen, fungus spores, dirt & dust, bacteria & soot.

RCA100C is a carbon activated filter that supposedly does the same as above and also adds odours, exhaust gases and ozone!!

I had read previously the RCA100C was the one to get and it cost me ~$40 at my local Super Cheap Auto (~$60 at the Repco store). The other filter was cheaper but I don't know how much, sorry.

So for those people out there allergic to exhaust gases & ozone, get the carbon type, otherwise I'm sure the regular one will be sufficient & save you a few bucks.

• 6 months later...

In case anyone wants more details of the M35 cabin filter, RYCO supply 2 types (made in Israel) and this is what it says on the box.

RCA100P is a particle filter that supposedly filters pollen, fungus spores, dirt & dust, bacteria & soot.

RCA100C is a carbon activated filter that supposedly does the same as above and also adds odours, exhaust gases and ozone!!

I had read previously the RCA100C was the one to get and it cost me ~$40 at my local Super Cheap Auto (~$60 at the Repco store). The other filter was cheaper but I don't know how much, sorry.

So for those people out there allergic to exhaust gases & ozone, get the carbon type, otherwise I'm sure the regular one will be sufficient & save you a few bucks.

Sorry about the thread resurrection; I'm going to call shenanigans on the RCA100 filters, checked at Super Cheap today; about 40mm too long. Did you actually fit one of these Leon?

Sorry about the thread resurrection; I'm going to call shenanigans on the RCA100 filters, checked at Super Cheap today; about 40mm too long. Did you actually fit one of these Leon?

Hi Dale. Yeah, it's in the car right now.... Sorry, I threw out the box ages ago (along with the 40mm I cut off the filter - joking :D ), but I copied all the details from it when I wrote that.

I don't know what the deal is with yours being too long. Aaron was talking about getting one only a week ago. I wonder how he went with that part number?

Well, I decided to check the filter in my car today as I don't want the be giving out wrong info.

I opened the lid & there it was so I took a picture.

post-76144-0-08665600-1300504931_thumb.jpg

Then I looked closer & the part number is different on the filter than it was on the box when I posted the part numbers months ago :huh: .

post-76144-0-52540900-1300505529_thumb.jpg

It should be RCA113C.

SuperCrap had to order it in for me, so maybe the box got damaged along the way & they swapped for a different one......

All I know is my earlier post was wrong & I'm owning up to my mistake. Sorry Dale (& others) for giving out incorrect information & stuffing you around.

I'll have to take more care next time & get the part number from the part itself and not from the box it came in.