SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

Hi

I am interested in finding any of the 100 limited edition R32 GTRs made in the Murrayama plant for Bathurst homogulation. I have No. 59 which is as factory delivered < 100k. Good idea to have a register of particular models. If interested I can send details photo etc. I see car No. 1 is mentioned. It should be chassis No.015832 built 5/91.

John Murray

Although sold a year ago, I previously owned a genuine 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II.

I imported it as a race rally car during the R32 non-compliance period a couple of years back.

It was prepared and a lightly modified tarmac rally car and saw some tarmac rally, hillclimb and track action - ran top five at Rallye Burnie 2005 and won the odd Tasmanian hillclimb.

In three or so years I put under 5,000ks on it and all were fantastic.

Was mainly sold as I didn't want to be the one responsible for wrecking such a good example by either modifying it further or crashing it!

There was an article on it in the last issue of SPEED magazine, but the pics were of it before the race prep.

The car is now living in Victoria and is doing track days and touring road events, but carrying many more modifications since sold.

Was a Sept 1994 build with hardly a mark on it and factory confirmation of production and model specification.

post-5400-1189515262_thumb.jpg

post-5400-1189515301_thumb.jpg

post-5400-1189515342_thumb.jpg

Edited by t01-100

• 1 month later...

i have a 1990 R32 GTR NISMO Edtion with vin number BNR32100032 which i asume is build number 32 of 560. Its in pretty adverage condition missing alot of the orginal parts so im building it as a track tarmac rally car havent got any pics of it yet because didnt get it that long ago will try get some up soon.

• 1 month later...
Cool thread I own an Australian delivered R32 GTR car no1 of 100 sold by Nissan Australia the car was owned by nissan Australia for the first ten years and was sold by them to the previous owner in 2001 after a change of management. The car was first registered through Dandynong company vehicles wich is a lease fleet for nissan australia and had the number plate (vic) THE GTR. I have verified all the history of the car and also have a copy of the letter that went to all the nissan dealer princapals regarding the sale of the car in 2001 wich states that the dealership that bids the most for the car would own it and it was sold to city nissan in melbourn. The car has full books and full nissan service history and is in stock standard condition is still running a set of the origanal fitment bridgstone re71 tyres and currantly has 77000.00 klm's on it. I have been told by a friend of mine that worked for Peter Brock's race team when he raced the ford sierra that this car was driven to and from race meets by Mark Skaeif at that time but have not yet been able to verify if that is correct or not. I will post some better pics soon as the ones I have are of prety poor quality. GIANT aka Russell has seen the car inn the flesh and can verify the quality and condition of the car.

Nice BRO!!! Love to get me hand on that one!! lol! My "Grey Import" Model 32 GTR Doesnt do Justice to that!! Hey did the Nissan Badge at the Front come on them like that?? Good to see ya got other in the Shed as welll!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi

I am interested in finding any of the 100 limited edition R32 GTRs made in the Murrayama plant for Bathurst homogulation. I have No. 59 which is as factory delivered < 100k. Good idea to have a register of particular models. If interested I can send details photo etc. I see car No. 1 is mentioned. It should be chassis No.015832 built 5/91.

John Murray

Hi John sorry about the delayed reply. Nissan actually bought in 110 cars 100 that are listed that were for sale to the general public and the other 10 cars that came in were for nissan's use. They can not give an exact break up of the numbers for those cars. But several were press cars 1 was the pace car they used and several where the cars that they made into the race cars and the car that I own Chassis No.6F4KBNR32A0011273 was used as an engineering car for the nissan engineers in australia to get up to speed with the new systems on the car. This Car was built 4559 cars before the car that appears as no 1 on the nissan documentaion for the cars that were released to the public.I have a copy of the vehicle history from nissan showing delivery of this vehicle to nissan australia in september 1990. 9 months before any of the GTR's to be sold publicly but the build date is still listed as may 1991. The car was first registered on the 18/6/1991 with the victorian no plate THE GTR. The car obviously has all the correct Nissan Australia build plates and compliance plate. So even though Nissan are unable to give exact numbers for the 10 cars that came into the country first so cant verify 100% without a doubt that this was the first car from the information I have been able to track down there does not appear to be any other GTR's out there that are properly plated as an Australin delivered car that have a earlier chassis no and varified nissan delivery history placing the car here prior to my car.

• 1 month later...

Just wish that bloke who owns the Z-tune in Melb would put his ride up here.

You can see his car on Youtube - just search Z-tune in Melb.

It's on the Eastern freeway - you can see the LED tail-lights.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone on here own an Autech 4 door R32 gtr?

The importer I bought my gtst from told me he was bringing one in then I'm pretty sure I saw one driving down Redlandbay Road but it was gone before I could get a proper look at it.

Hey, i didnt really read the whole thread, to see if it was mentioned already, but is the R34 GT-V considered rare??

from what i recall in non GT-R it goes like so:

R34:

.GT

.25GT

.GT FOUR

.GTT

.GT-V -200 &? (i think its 00 -01)

Theres is a silver one at a place in victoria for sale at a car dealership, i just wish i waited a month or so longer and i could have bought it myself! :D

They came painted in Bayside Blue aswell like the GT-R's as a factory option.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear SAU members.

I am interested in setting seeing/contributing to an on-line registry of rare Skylines in Australia and potentially o/seas, similar to other on-line registries of rare models, and am keen to see how much interest there is with members here, and also if it is possible to make this part of the SAU site itself.

For example, there were 228 R32 N1 cars built. I know of one in Australia (mine), and I am aware that someone was trying to pass off a normal GTR as an N1 car on carsales.com.au recently. In this case it would help potential buyers to see a registry of these cars e.g

Hi there, I'm from New Zealand,

PP8534(plate)

type E-HR30

HR30-130521

HR30 JAT1LE

engine L20 1998

colour code 0132

its a 4 door, all electrics, turbo

Paul Newman Limited Edition version

Been in my dads garage for the past 15yrs, will be my project throughout the year to put back on the road.

Will post pics as soon as I can

Hi John sorry about the delayed reply. Nissan actually bought in 110 cars 100 that are listed that were for sale to the general public and the other 10 cars that came in were for nissan's use. They can not give an exact break up of the numbers for those cars. But several were press cars 1 was the pace car they used and several where the cars that they made into the race cars and the car that I own Chassis No.6F4KBNR32A0011273 was used as an engineering car for the nissan engineers in australia to get up to speed with the new systems on the car. This Car was built 4559 cars before the car that appears as no 1 on the nissan documentaion for the cars that were released to the public.I have a copy of the vehicle history from nissan showing delivery of this vehicle to nissan australia in september 1990. 9 months before any of the GTR's to be sold publicly but the build date is still listed as may 1991. The car was first registered on the 18/6/1991 with the victorian no plate THE GTR. The car obviously has all the correct Nissan Australia build plates and compliance plate. So even though Nissan are unable to give exact numbers for the 10 cars that came into the country first so cant verify 100% without a doubt that this was the first car from the information I have been able to track down there does not appear to be any other GTR's out there that are properly plated as an Australin delivered car that have a earlier chassis no and varified nissan delivery history placing the car here prior to my car.

Dazmo, thanks for this additional info. I was under the impression that about 103-4 cars were brought in - split between sale, press use and the remainder (5 cars) stripped and turned into the race cars.

• 1 month later...

Hi i'am a pom living in london ,

i'am a lucky b'stard with amongst my collection of 5 r32 gtr skylines a r32 gtr v-spec 2 n1, and a r32 gtr v-spec . the v-spec was owned from new by hks tokyo and used as a development car.there is a few vids of me having a few laps in the n1 at my friends racetrack.type japcar4u on youtube.com .the n1 car is near standard spec 0.7 bar boost, with an alloy rad and oil cooler.the hks v-spec is fully modded with every hks product you could imagine, inc 18"hks wheels. i also have a nine sec street legal r32 gtr (perfect for going shopping)

r32 v-spec 2 n1 details :-

chassis no bnr32-307230

model code kbnr32rbfs8 zn rb=v-spec zn=n1

manufacured feb 1994 (must be on/after 14/04/94)

r32 gtr v-spec details:-

chassis no bnr32-303706

model code kbnr32rbfs aa

manufactured 05/1993

post-54072-1217804086_thumb.jpg

post-54072-1217804192_thumb.jpg

post-54072-1217804238_thumb.jpg

post-54072-1217804310_thumb.jpg

post-54072-1217804339_thumb.jpg

post-54072-1217804445_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should add my car to this.

I also have an Australian Delivered R32 GTR complete with log book.

I will have to look in the book to conform the build no.

I will have to get some better pic

post-20278-1219877724_thumb.jpg

My brother has arguably the only genuine R31 GTS-R (everyone is yet to show me another real one) in WA. VIN number checked through and all is genuine.

Will find out more.

my cousin too has one, in QLD. modified but still got the letter telling him it's counted as collector & all has been verified.

i have hust bought a 1988 skyline TRX. :P

1 of 4 in the world made by nissans SVD out of a series 1 GXE.

the difference is it has a GTS2 computer, GTS differential, GTS transmition, GTS exhaust, GTS suspension, bigger throttle body and a few other bits and pieces. it also has a very similar bodykit as a pintara trx, its just a bit beefyer.