SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

Hey Yall

Is there a way of telling a BNR32 Vspec 1 to a Vspec 2 by the engine tags. Have been told that a Vspec 2 on a 32 will be something like this BNR32XXX-XXX8......if there is no 8, it is a Vspec1. If someone can confirm this it would be great.

Cheers

Nearly.........

The 11th digit on the blue Nissan Build Plate on the firewall needs to be an 8.

A std GT-R will have a 7 and a V-Spec 1 will have a blank space with no number inserted.

Cheers,

Bob.

Dont know if my car counts as rare, its a normal R34 GTR but in a pretty rare colour....

gallery_85191_4683_164348.jpg

Would be very interested in knowing the amount of Yellow BNR34s made, or the amount in Aus... wouldnt imagine there would be too many?

1331573428[/url]' post='6271895']

Nearly.........

The 11th digit on the blue Nissan Build Plate on the firewall needs to be an 8.

A std GT-R will have a 7 and a V-Spec 1 will have a blank space with no number inserted.

Cheers,

Bob.

Thanks bob. There seems to be a vspec1 in Vic getting sold as a vspec2..... Just had to be sure.

Cheers

Thanks bob. There seems to be a vspec1 in Vic getting sold as a vspec2..... Just had to be sure.

Cheers

u should contact the seller and if he denies the truth i'd be circulating the advert on this thread...in the best interest of other potential buyers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bobby's car too, in its glory (not mentioning the clutch)

Terry-170.jpg

Terry-172.jpg

Terry-169.jpg

Terry-174.jpg

Nice to have a rare item like an Owner's Manual in English to go with the log book + a Nismo satchel.

P1040765.jpg

P1040764.jpg

Dont know if my car counts as rare, its a normal R34 GTR but in a pretty rare colour....

gallery_85191_4683_164348.jpg

Would be very interested in knowing the amount of Yellow BNR34s made, or the amount in Aus... wouldnt imagine there would be too many?

Yes there is one here in Vic, user name YLWGTR with carbon fiber tail lights. A monster.

^Thanks guys, im guessing that there is probably around 10 or less in aus given the 3 above including mine, there is one in wa for sale on carsales, and other random ones i have seen/heard about.. pretty rare then i guess... still would love to know how many were made, but im guessing it would be impossible to find out.

Cheers

In R34 GTRs, yellow and red are both rare colours as they were only available for about 18 months - those colours were dropped when the series 2s came out.

Yea that is what i thought... but i dont believe they were made on a 'limited run' basis? as the MNPs were etc i believe?..

Im guessing they were made to order?.. so a number will be pretty hard too come by...

Would love to see some red ones in Aus also.... Would think they would be a rarer colour again.

On the topic of 34GTR's, has anyone here heard of the single midnight purple Z-tune produced by Nismo from factory?? The car was sold not long ago with less than 3,000kms on the clock. Considering a Z-tune in silver fetched around $250,000 new (or so I heard) I wonder how much this beast fetched?

IMO this has got to be one of the rarest, if not the rarest GTR produced as of yet...

Does anyone have a clue as to how many BNR34 GTR V Spec II Nur's are 'live and kicking' around the world these days?

Or let alone the total registered here in Oz?

I know of 4 in WA - this is my example ( which is currently FOR SALE here - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/398073-fs-perth-2002-nissan-skyline-bnr34-gtr-v-spec-ii-nur/ )

post-17721-0-54637300-1336115602_thumb.jpg