SAU Community

Stagea Manual Conversion Guide

tRUkbOY

as far as i knew, auto ecus work fine but you need to trick the "park switch" and some other switch into beleive its always in gear.

goldzillas stagea is converted using auto ECU.

Correct, AFAIK.

I'm still in the process of figuring out (in my head) an easy solution to plug-and-play the PowerFC for those with manual conversions (and maybe S2 RS Four S's using the appropriate R34 computer, of course), and I'm currently doing some research and making some calls to figure out if my theory will work out in practice.

As far as I would think Terminal, there is no need to match clutch masters/slaves if you get yourself some braided lines at the same time (my original intention). All you need to do is match connectors and get the length right.

Its good that someones finally done a public conversion. Damn cheap available parts over there in NZ :unsure:

As far as I would think Terminal, there is no need to match clutch masters/slaves if you get yourself some braided lines at the same time (my original intention). All you need to do is match connectors and get the length right.

Its good that someones finally done a public conversion. Damn cheap available parts over there in NZ :unsure:

i think the slave and master do need to be matched, my master is 5/8 and slave is 3/4 but thats the booster version master so maybe the non booster one is a different size.

otherwise the pedal will be rock hard or u wont get enough travel to disengage the clutch

hey trukboy the auto ecu is actually inside the engine ecu if u look on the stagea service manual. unlike the r33 gts-ts its all one unit.

I haven't looked but you may find they are actually bolted together. On all Nissans the engine ECU starts with 23710-????? & the Auto ECU starts with 31036-????? I will look at lunchtime & see if I can take a photo

im surprised it runs using the auto ecu.

I wasn't :)

as far as i knew, auto ecus work fine but you need to trick the "park switch" and some other switch into beleive its always in gear.

Like so

DSC05438.jpg

The plug at the top has been looped to complete the inhibitor switch circuit so the car believes it is in Park

The clutch master cylinder you used, is it R33 skyline? Or something else?

Something else. I am using a master cylinder from an S14 Silvia (200SX).

Edited by tRUkbOY

they are not bolted together i have the service manual showing a pic and it says they are the same unit and i have ripped mine out ages ago and i searched the entire car for the auto one and there aint one. all the wiring digrams of the engine ecu show auto wires coming in and out too. also when i chopped my engine harness there is about 10-12 wires that goto auto stuff.

the workshop i used to goto even told me the attessa/abs ecu was infact the auto one but they didnt know shit and then my 4wd stopped workin so i put it back in.

if i new how to get a photo of a page in abode reader as a jpg format i'd post it but i dont have a clue :)

if i new how to get a photo of a page in abode reader as a jpg format i'd post it but i dont have a clue :)

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader and Open pdf file.

2. Go to Page

3. Hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Locations may vary between keyboards but usually it is in the top right hand corner somewhere.

4. Click Start, run, type mspaint and click OK

5. Hold down ctrl and hit v

6. Click File, Save, choose a name and destination, hit ok

DONE! :yes:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader and Open pdf file.

2. Go to Page

3. Hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Locations may vary between keyboards but usually it is in the top right hand corner somewhere.

4. Click Start, run, type mspaint and click OK

5. Hold down ctrl and hit v

6. Click File, Save, choose a name and destination, hit ok

DONE! :yes:

cheers cyrus i knew someone would know :)

alright this is it, i dont know how to only show a small section of the page so i have to put the entire page up.

its abit small but u can see on the ecu it says ECCS A/T C/U

post-25698-1152744374.jpg

Edited by CruiseLiner

Its good that someones finally done a public conversion. Damn cheap available parts over there in NZ :wave:

I didn't say to match clutch master to clutch slave, i said clutch master has to match clutch pedal box.

Im going to be converting my car soon seeing I have killed the auto and are working out all the parts to get.

What clutches should I consider given the following?

It currently has about 200awkw and I am aiming for 250awkw.

- I will use a R33GTR box

- Stagea weighs about 200kg more than a GTR .

- It is a daily driven car with some city driving.

- I will use it to tow my rally car at 1600kg including trailer and equipment.

- I will take it to the drags once or twice, an occasional track day and spirited mountain drive.

I will be using a R34GTT clutch pedal and MC with the stock GTR slave cylinder or maybe a ¾ Nismo slave cylinder so no booster like a GTR.

Im going to be converting my car soon seeing I have killed the auto and are working out all the parts to get.

What clutches should I consider given the following?

It currently has about 200awkw and I am aiming for 250awkw.

- I will use a R33GTR box

- Stagea weighs about 200kg more than a GTR .

- It is a daily driven car with some city driving.

- I will use it to tow my rally car at 1600kg including trailer and equipment.

- I will take it to the drags once or twice, an occasional track day and spirited mountain drive.

I will be using a R34GTT clutch pedal and MC with the stock GTR slave cylinder or maybe a ¾ Nismo slave cylinder so no booster like a GTR.

stock gtr slave is 3/4 and nismo is 13/16 from memory :whistling:

Gigidy I bought a R33 GTR gearbox today and the hand brake leaver and will order the clutch pedal, MC, bracket ect next week.

The only problem is that no one keeps the flywheel and clutch housing bolts and they are a bit expensive new from Nissan.

Are the auto flexplate to crank bolts the same as the manual flywheel to crank bolts?

Have you used the R34 clutch hydraulic lines or just had a braded hose made up? The R34 lines look complicated with a few bits of pipe, hose and brackets.

Have you just used a R33 GTS-t rubber gear leaver boot?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

quick q for trukboy:

i am wanting to do this conversion myself very soon and a friend has a S2 Manual frontcut minus the engine, having the cut should make it a crapload easier to do as everything should be an easy swap.

i hope :)

mine is a Series 1.

Shaun

quick q for trukboy:

i am wanting to do this conversion myself very soon and a friend has a S2 Manual frontcut minus the engine, having the cut should make it a crapload easier to do as everything should be an easy swap.

i hope :D

mine is a Series 1.

Shaun

Should make it alot easier, it should have all the little bits, like pedals, clutch master etc.

• 3 months later...

WWWWWWEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL i just got the last 2 pieces of my puzzle, the clutch and spigot bush. i'm all stations go for this conversion now. I'm picking up my loaner car next weekend (R33 GTSt hehe) and i'll do most of the fiddly bits (like brake and clutch pedals) myself, then just get the gearbox installed at my local workshop. gonna be so much fun!!!

after that i can install my hi-flo turbo and PowerFC for some super duper fun!!!