SAU Community

Disabling R34 Factory Immobiliser

Howie

Hi guys,

My installer (George @ Adelaide Pro Sound) and I have been racking our heads trying to get the factory 1998 ER34 GTT immobilizer disabled to enable us to use the remote start mechanism on the Viper 791VX alarm.

Any alarm or sparky guys know how to disable it properly? I've been told it might have some sort of resistance triggered immobilizer (i.e. when you stick they key in the barrel it checks the resistance and stops you starting if this is not right).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Howie

Hi guys,

My installer (George @ Adelaide Pro Sound) and I have been racking our heads trying to get the factory 1998 ER34 GTT immobilizer disabled to enable us to use the remote start mechanism on the Viper 791VX alarm.

Any alarm or sparky guys know how to disable it properly? I've been told it might have some sort of resistance triggered immobilizer (i.e. when you stick they key in the barrel it checks the resistance and stops you starting if this is not right).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Howie

there is an immobilizer in the R34 GTt? 1998?. How can I tell if my is disable or it didn't have one in the first place?

there is an immobilizer in the R34 GTt? 1998?. How can I tell if my is disable or it didn't have one in the first place?

Seems like this one is factory. Check out another member's r34 loom for sale which has a picture of a factory immobiliser on it

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=123136

Strange huh? Wouldn't be surprising though.. i'd be pretty prehistoric for a R34 not to have an immobiliser.. i think the S15 silvia has one standard.

My R34 GTR( series II) has one, the key has a chip in it that reads from the ring around the lock and then activates the ECU.

You can only bypass it when the key is in the ignition and turned on ..

My R34 GTR( series II) has one, the key has a chip in it that reads from the ring around the lock and then activates the ECU.

You can only bypass it when the key is in the ignition and turned on ..

what chassis code?

got a pic of the OEM key?

Edited by Chris Rogers

hey dude

Im a pro installer from sydney and Wrxhoon is on the right track.

The skylines do have a chip in the key that the factory ecu needs to read or the car will not start.

The Dealer fitted immobiliser Chris is refering to is only the keyless entry module that gets fitted later on which does not affect the chip in the key.

Most cars released after 97/98 came with the chip in the key.

There are ways to bypass it but its not recomended from a security point of view.

BNR 34 , Here is a 34 GTR key pic:

yep yours has a chip (red dot in corner.) must be an option as 99% of the cars I have done had the dealer fitted unit.

not all of them.

yep yours has a chip (red dot in corner.) must be an option as 99% of the cars I have done had the dealer fitted unit.

not all of them.

All BNR 34's have it , i think it was an option on other 34's.

Here's another point..

Why bother taking away protection ( factory immob) to install remote start which if found and triggered will make the car theives job easier.

Seems to me to defeat the purpose of installing an alarm/ immobiliser system in the first place.

Here's another point..

Why bother taking away protection ( factory immob) to install remote start which if found and triggered will make the car theives job easier.

Seems to me to defeat the purpose of installing an alarm/ immobiliser system in the first place.

I second that theory, with most remote start immobilisers u might as well leave your keys in the ignition for the theives, I have been asked numerous times to bypass factory immobilisers and iv always refused.

Edited by hypo32

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe because the alarm already has an inbuilt (and often better) immobilizer making the factory fitted immobilizer superfilous?

• 2 weeks later...

my gtt has same said viper, remote start works, key must be in and turned and then i have to press the accelerator i think, or the brake, i forget. i don't really use it... sounds quite harsh standing on the outside when i remote start. I've heard this is bad for the alternator? might just be internet rumour...

it's handy in certain situations, got it wired to my mirrors, but i can't get the mirrors to fold out when i disarm, quite easy to get the mirrors to fold in on the arm though.

cheers

EDIT: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=127914 - please help with my problem as well, seems like there are some alarm savy ppl in here... (sorry for the mini hi-jack but i'm trying to fix the problem asap)

lol ... thought i'd give what you said a go, didn't start, but the hazard lights started flashing and wouldn't turn off. it had me worried for a while, but i got the hazard lights to stop flashing now.