SAU Community

Rb25 Into R32 - Basic Guide

predator

I'm done labeling the wires. Now I need help with the power feed.

1. On my incabin plug I see a Black/White wire. This is the ECCS power relay but I do not see a Red wire(pin 4), which is Ignition power. Does this mean I should only connect the ECCS power relay to the power(Black/White wire) from engine bay plug to incabin plug? And how will the IGN get power?

2. I traced the coil plug wires back and see they go to the smaller incabin plug. I read on other forums that this plug is not used in the swap. Is this true, if not what should be done here?

I have a Series 2 RB25DET.

I'm done labeling the wires. Now I need help with the power feed.

1. On my incabin plug I see a Black/White wire. This is the ECCS power relay but I do not see a Red wire(pin 4), which is Ignition power. Does this mean I should only connect the ECCS power relay to the power(Black/White wire) from engine bay plug to incabin plug? And how will the IGN get power?

2. I traced the coil plug wires back and see they go to the smaller incabin plug. I read on other forums that this plug is not used in the swap. Is this true, if not what should be done here?

I have a Series 2 RB25DET.

I double checked the wiring and I saw that I was lokking at the wrong plug. I see there are 8 wires on the coil plug, 6 that go to the ECU and 2 that go to another plug near by. I'm assuming the balc one is the ground and the white one is teh 12V power feed. Should I connect a 12V power to this wire or should I just leave it.

If the ECu gets power will the IGN alo get the 12V power?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
very useful :(

plan to do this soon

thankyou

Good wiring guide. After a long time I'm finally done with the swap. We fired the engine up yesterday and everything working fine. Thanks for all the help predator. Just need the wiper to work. Hope someone can help.

• 1 month later...

Im coming to the stage of doing this conversion as the 3540 has just about done the job on the 2.0ltr but have been told as i have a power fc i can still use that and the 2.0 ltr loom can anyone confirm or deny this?

• 1 month later...

hey all just wondering if anyone can help me out?

ive got ap engineering pfc for my 20det which is in my 32 now i want to put a rb25det in and was wondering if i can use my rb20 loom?

ill be running top feed injectors and wont be running vct

will this work?

cheers

• 3 months later...
hey all just wondering if anyone can help me out?

ive got ap engineering pfc for my 20det which is in my 32 now i want to put a rb25det in and was wondering if i can use my rb20 loom?

ill be running top feed injectors and wont be running vct

will this work?

cheers

Have done the same thing as i've got a rb20 powerfc and have the car starting fine, just switched across all rb20 sensors, igniters cas etc and used the rb20 loom, i've even changed the injector plugs so i can use the rb25 side feeds since impedance is the same. My only issue is with aac valve, as far as i can see the rb20 has only one 2 pin plug for the solenoid (yellow) while the rb25 aac has the browny/red plug on one solenoid and a purple one the another.

What plug on the rb20 loom corresponds with the purple and red/browny plugs? Am i missing something obvious? I'm sure this info would help anyone else attempting to use the rb20 loom and ecu to run the rb25. As currently my car idles fine until it warms up but then hunts at idle wildly once warm. I wired the yellow plug to the browny red and none to the purple, unplugging the aac changes nothing so i'm assuming i've wired it in correctly.

Edited by 4g6beat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Anyone guys?..

I just dont want to be causing damage to the eninge..

Hi, If the car was an Auto Originally, Go to the drivers side kick panel, remove and you will se the Auto Computer, Remove the plug and put kick panel back. Over fueling at idle and at high reaves is the auto enriching system. That will help, to finnish it off put a Re Mapped Chip in your ECU and a waste spark system in fixing the over fueling proplem and adding more than 30kw of power, Have fun Jamind

• 6 months later...
My only issue is with aac valve, as far as i can see the rb20 has only one 2 pin plug for the solenoid (yellow) while the rb25 aac has the browny/red plug on one solenoid and a purple one the another.

The purple one is the FCID plug, which is not needed if you don't have airco.

I'm also doing this conversion, placing a RB25DET S2 into my R32 GTS-T.

It's coming along fine and I haven't had any real problems yet.

I'm using a RB20DET engine loom and modifying it to work with the RB25DET. I'm going to take the complete loom for the injectors out of the RB25 loom and put it in the RB20 loom. (So I can keep the plug that connects all six injectors in one plug.)

My question is, where is the best place to get the 12V power feed for the injectors?

rb25injectors.GIF

• 9 months later...

ok guys was just reading this because was thinking of doing this but now im confused as all hell lol, basicly what i got from this is if i use the rb25 loom and ecu with the rb25 engine its basicly plug and play except my dash wont work?

From what ive found out through research is easiest way is to swap all the sensors out on the engine to the 20 ones and run the 20 loom with a nistune. Then you will only need to set up a vct controller which is pretty easy.

• 5 months later...

I have this same conversion in a r32 gts-4. Only thing is can't get it started. There is spark and there is fuel supply and it ignites every full rotation or so but not enough to get it running. Could this be something to do with point 1. In the very first post. Can you please explain it a little clearer?

I had to reverse the cam sensor wiring to get signal from the cam to the injectors and coils.

Thanks,

Ariel

Edited by ISL33P

• 3 weeks later...

I frequently get asked if I still do conversion looms for RB motors in R32's and the simple answer is yes. I don't get as much free time these days but I still enjoy doing it when the opportunity arises. Please contact me via PM if this is of interest to you.

Ben

• 5 months later...

have an r32 four door with series1 rb25, we used pred's guide and the wiring diagram done by the SAU member that makes 25 converion looms, question is when the car is powered the fuel pump primes starter cranks, should there be a light in the ecu? engine was out of an auto 33 but loom and ecu is from manual 33

• 3 weeks later...