SAU Community

How Do I Replace Headlight Globe?

DellieB

Hi everyone.

I've only recently purchased my 1997 Stagea and need to replace one of the headlight globes. I'm a bit of a girly girl, so have less than no idea about these things! :yes:

So, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Dellie :)

Hi again.

Actually Terminal, I'm back to ask about the clip. I don't seem to have enough room for my hand to get in and access the clip to get the globe out. : Is there an easy way to do this? Hubby thought there might be a way to get the headlight out, but I think this is a bit extreme - we're talking about a globe!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dellie

you don't need to remove the light. with the clip, just push it in, the turn it around slightly and it come loose. then you can remove the bulb easy. it's a bit tricky, but it idoes coem out. it's a bit of a spring to hold the blub in.

• 2 years later...

this doesnt work. ive uncliped the wire clip and the globe is still jammed in tight. i tried turning it (both directions) and it wont budge. i then also removed every screw around the globe and its still very tight. does this method work on series 2 or is there some other method?? ive searched several times for other info but every other thread is about xenons and doesnt mention how to remove the globe

1st remove plug from bulb 2nd unscrew black retaining ring (bayonet type, just a turn a/clockwise) this then reveals rubber boot (seal) remove, a closer inspection & you will notice bulb is held in by spring clip, remove bulb, bulb has 3 positioning pins

1st remove plug from bulb 2nd unscrew black retaining ring (bayonet type, just a turn a/clockwise) this then reveals rubber boot (seal) remove, a closer inspection & you will notice bulb is held in by spring clip, remove bulb, bulb has 3 positioning pins

nope it wasnt anything like that. i removed the headlight for a better look and discovered that it was just jammed in there. so i grabbed the globe with a pair of pliers and gave it a wiggle and it came out. also the was no rubber boots or retaining rings.

i simply removed the grey cover off the back of the headlight by turning it a 1/4 turn anticlockwise which exposed the back of the globe. then i unplugged the wires off the globe and unclipped the retaining wire(i think u call this a spring clip), grabbed the globe with some pliers and pulled it out. the globe in my headlight is a h7 (which has 1 positioning pin) not a h4 (which has 3 positioning pins) like everybody else seems to have.

glad you got the hang of it..I'm getting pretty good at it now..seems to be my Stags only problem..replaced 3 or 4 so far..mine seems to have some prolem with moisture getting to the plug and coroding it..

mine prob died from moisture too. weve had alot of rain latey(600mm over 6 months)and the importers did a dodgy job on the wiring when they removed the xenons. they just drilled a hole in the headlight and poked the wire through, leaving a big hole for moisture too get in. so i covered the hole with silicone. i dont know if it will work, but its worth a try.

nope it wasnt anything like that. i removed the headlight for a better look and discovered that it was just jammed in there. so i grabbed the globe with a pair of pliers and gave it a wiggle and it came out. also the was no rubber boots or retaining rings.

i simply removed the grey cover off the back of the headlight by turning it a 1/4 turn anticlockwise which exposed the back of the globe. then i unplugged the wires off the globe and unclipped the retaining wire(i think u call this a spring clip), grabbed the globe with some pliers and pulled it out. the globe in my headlight is a h7 (which has 1 positioning pin) not a h4 (which has 3 positioning pins) like everybody else seems to have.

weird how one model can be so different wether it's a s1 or s2,the 2 i've checked have had the same plastic retaining ring and rubber boot(obviously to stop moisture) but the way some are hacked when complied you could end up with anything