SAU Community

Using An Rb26dett Power Fc On An Rb20det

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will an RB20DET Power FC work on an RB26DETT or will a Power FC for an RB26DETT work on an RB20DET?

My guess is that it wouldn't - but does anyone know for sure?

i am gonna say a conclusive no. remember for starters that the rb26dett has things like an inlet air temp sensor that the '20 doesn't then take into consideration even the base maps installed inside the power fc. i have got fc edit and there is screens avail for the 26 that the 20 does not have. i dont reckon i can be done

curious as to why you would want to? altho the rb20det version costs more as its an ap engineering model.

i have seen one person who was sure they were going to remap (somehow) their rb25det powerfc to work on the rb20 but i never saw how/what they did. if someone can tell me i can add it to the powerfc faq so its knowledge for all

The air inlet temp sensor is easy to get around providing you have access to a datalogit or even better why not run the temp sensor. :)

The only real issue is the use of one afm when the ecu expects a signal from 2. Easy to get around when you think about it. :P

you can indeed use an rb25 ecu on an rb20, pinouts on the ecu are identical, difference being that the 25 ecu has an extra wire for the VVT solenoid, which doesn't exist in the rb20 loom

so you just take that wire out like when you put the FC's into 200sx's how you have to take out wires because there different to silvia's??

You wouldnt be able to drive the car if you put the r33 pfc in although because the r33 tune would be way off?? is this right??

cheers simon

So ah how do we get the GTR PFC to work in a single turbo R32 ie 26 head on RB30 . I don't feel real good about two parallel AFM's in front of the turbo . If one was to get more air ie better duct filter etc the others half of the engine would run lean right ?

Also isn't the R32GTST PFC a modified 32/33 GTR PFC ?

Cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

well if you were using the rb26 powerfc and used the rb26 head on the rb30 bottom end then it should be a straight plug in and start, providing the loom matches whatever rb26 verison you have, ie r32 loom with bnr32 powerfc.

you could use the apexi safc to split the afm signal's into 1 or split 1 into 2 so you can support either way. the rb26 powerfc expect's two afm signals, so using the safc you could split 1 single afm into two, ie an upstream q45 for open mouthed style or even a q45 in front of the compressor intake (filtered style).

The reason for me doing this would be one of flexibility. I currently have an R32GTS4 (RB20DET). A PFC would be a cool thing to have now, and it may offer me some flexibility in the future if I go with an RB30DET in my current car or buy an R32 GTR.

The reason for me doing this would be one of flexibility. I currently have an R32GTS4 (RB20DET). A PFC would be a cool thing to have now, and it may offer me some flexibility in the future if I go with an RB30DET in my current car or buy an R32 GTR.

I have done the reverse, using an RB20DET PowerFC to run an RB30/26.

Use one AFM and parrallel up the ECU inputs. The PFC will see 2 X AFMs both reading exactly the same.

Do the same for the lambda sensors.

Use a standard RB26 air temp sensor mounted in the intercooler pipework before the throttle body.

The speedo readings via the commander/datalogit will be inaccurate due to the different diff ratios.

From memory all of the other sensors are the same.

If you use RB26 standard injectors it will start and run straight up.

:rolleyes: cheers :thumbsup:

So ah how do we get the GTR PFC to work in a single turbo R32 ie 26 head on RB30 . I don't feel real good about two parallel AFM's in front of the turbo . If one was to get more air ie better duct filter etc the others half of the engine would run lean right ?

two afms, feed into one turbo, which then feed through one inlet tract to the engine. or, 2 afms feed into 2 turbos which then feed into one inlet tract to the engine. there is no difference in the end result here. it's not like 1 afm is the signal for cylinders 1-3 and the other is 4-6. i'm sure there will be a difference in the reading of each afm, but they are just adding the two figures together to get total airflow. it's not running half the engine of each afm, that would be crazy.

you can run a rb25pfc on a rb20 IF you swap injector triggers for clys 5 and 6 and run larger than stock (rb20 stock) injectors.

tested it out on a buddies car and will prove difinitvely when i get my car back together.

you can run a rb25pfc on a rb20 IF you swap injector triggers for clys 5 and 6 and run larger than stock (rb20 stock) injectors.

tested it out on a buddies car and will prove difinitvely when i get my car back together.

This sounds like great info here - saves having to purchase the more expensive AP Engineering version

:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: