SAU Community

Power Fc

I get a similar problem, but I can manage to save the settings. I am not 100% sure of the fix though, it could just be a coincidence. I'll write up my story anyway in case it helps.

When I was road tuning my car, I noticed that it didn't seem to be saving the settings everytime. Very infuriating when I had just input a lot of changes! Sometimes it would save, other times it wouldn't and it seemed to be random. After a lot of experimenting I found that it seemed to save everytime if I am actually in the ignition map area (the grid) on the hand controller, and I leave my door open when I turned the engine off so that the ignition instantly kills when I take the key out, rather than starting the turbo timer like normal.

I'm not sure if any of the above makes any difference, but other times I have been in different menu areas, or I have taken the key out and put it back in to switch the engine off (which starts then stops the turbo timer respectively) and it hasn't saved the settings. I haven't done it often enough to say procedure X will save but procedure Y won't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i was experimenting a bit and think it has something to do with my relais wiring, because with the relais taken out and i give IGN ON, the PFC still starts up :

was about pin43? should there be a perminant 12v or on IGN ON or nothing... cause @ the moment i have nothing there, but according to wiring diagram i should have something... could this be it??

thanks,

nico

• 2 weeks later...

so, i still havent got it to memorize :( : :)

yesterday, i went to my car and had a strange experience... i put the key in the ignition position and the PFC provided electricty to pins 49,59, 109 and 45 as it should... constant on pin58 is also there...

now here's the hit -> I take out ALL relais, and the IGN is still ON, and the PFC is also still running and still providing electricty to pins 49,59, 109 and 45 ??? :O HUH>?

i have also tested all ground according to wiring scheme, and they also provide what they should >>??

Now i am absolutley clueless :)

any ideas??

what about pin 43?? i cant make sense of it... what should it do? cause in my case it's not doing anything... :

HEEELP :(

:)

nico

i noticed that when i switch my car off the PFC stays on for another 1 or 2 seconds and when it switches off you can hear the relay click pretty loud (i dont have a kick panel on though)

The ECCS relay output from the PFC (PIN 16 i think) should go to earth on powerup. This pin ALSO provides the save data signal. If this pin doesn't goto earth you SIP is blown(chip in the PFC). If this is the case get it to me with a std RB25 ecu and I'll repair it for you for a small cash injection. I have fixed 5 PFC's to date, its a common problem. Usually the indication is flashing/pulsing handset and fuel pump, but that can be sort of fixed by rewiring the ECCS relay...however save data function on the PFC goes Tits up.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe for the FAQ

the solution was almost as simple as stupid:

The PFC needs the ECCS Relay to operate ! i had mine wired directly to IGN and that doesn't do the trick... so for all swappers/people with memory problems, i suggest that you use all the good advice in this thread on this issue, and make sure that you have a good working ECCS relay connected to the PFC...

:ermm:

Nico

EDIT - thanks for the help guys :D

Edited by T-u-R-b-O

• 1 month later...

Hmm...this sure sounds like what my car is doing.

So the wiring for the ECCS relay should look something like this?

post-264-1148822858.jpg

Is the ECCS relay a special relay or will any 30 amp 4 pin relay work?

Hmm...this sure sounds like what my car is doing.

So the wiring for the ECCS relay should look something like this?

Is the ECCS relay a special relay or will any 30 amp 4 pin relay work?

Here's the wiring diagram and pinout, don't forget the fuse.

post-13456-1148824187.jpg post-13456-1148824207.jpg

If an alarm is installed then sometimes it would directly control the ECCS right?? depending on how the installer hooks it up of course. This would interfere with the PFC and stuff up it's shutdown/save function I'm guessing. This could be a problem seen by a few people who haven't had there engine swapped.

Edited by Fry_33

yeah someone had this problem last night and i posted the url. ill add it to the FAQ this week

Yeah that was me.

Just got home.....I am about to go and rewire my ECU......YAY!

yes when the powerfc has been locked the numbers all appear as zero's.

you can lock certain areas of the unit and or all of them, and you simply get zero's. you can only do this with datalogit, fc tune, apexi fc pro or other emulated apexi software

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yes.....I am high on exhaust fumes......and yes I have done it.

It looked like the power to the ECCS and COIL relays (it is an RB26) were taken from the ignition on position, which once the key was turned off the whole lot instantly shut down.

So after a couple of hours of head scratching and tracing wires and back probing terminals, it looks sorted. The ECU takes about 1 sec to turn off after key is switched off. All my changes are being stored and things are lookin dandy!!

I also found that the ECCS and COIL relays MUST use the same power source for powering the relays. As the negative side of the relays are switched by a common point on the ECU, if say the ECCS relay gets constant 12v and the coil relay gets IGN 12v, with the key off you will end up sending 12v up to the IGN circuit.....Not good!

Any how....I will put the lappy down and get to finishing this wiring all neat.

Edited by NismoR31Jet

Here is the final Diagram of how I had wired up the power circuit to the ECU.

This gives the nesescarry delay on key off for memory to be saved.

post-264-1148908820.jpg

I hope this diagram helps anyone else out......

• 2 years later...
The ECCS relay output from the PFC (PIN 16 i think) should go to earth on powerup. This pin ALSO provides the save data signal. If this pin doesn't goto earth you SIP is blown(chip in the PFC). If this is the case get it to me with a std RB25 ecu and I'll repair it for you for a small cash injection. I have fixed 5 PFC's to date, its a common problem. Usually the indication is flashing/pulsing handset and fuel pump, but that can be sort of fixed by rewiring the ECCS relay...however save data function on the PFC goes Tits up.

Hi guys :(

I redid my entire wiring, and accident switched pin 16 with the switched power pins (49,59,109).

So instead of feeding my +12V pins with +12v, I fed pin 16 with +12V. My power fc pro now doesn't turn on because pin 16 doesn't ground anymore.

According to BOOSTD I need to repair my SIP chip in the power fc pro ? Which one is that ?

When I manually ground pin 16 and with that the eccs relay, the powerfc still works but obviously doesn't save anymore :P