SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Fuel Pump Relay

Freebaggin

Guys,

Car won't start, confirmed that it is fuel delivery, no delivery with fuel filter hose off and no priming sound when you turn ignition on. Fuel pump fuse OK.

Anyway, other than the pump now kapput, it might be the relay, so can some please tell me where it is?

By the way, it's an in-tank Bosch 044 that's been in there for approx 4.5 years without a single issue.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for voltage at the plug that goes into the tank?

If you have voltage here, your pump is more then likely the culprit.

If you don't have voltage here then, the fuel pump control module is probally cactus (never heard one failing before though). I think its under the rear seat. (It regulates the pump voltage to keep it quiet on idle)

You should really be bypassing the fuel pump control module anyway (run seperate relay) as the O44 will give alot more fuel without the associated voltage drop through the module.

i am pretty sure the fuel pump relay is one of the two large blue cased ones which are behind the  passenger kick panel, next to the ecu, pretty easy to get to.

there are 2 relays that run the fuel pump

the ECCS relay is in the kick panel, and there is alos a relay in the boot. in that white fuse panel.