SAU Community

Rx8 Turbo Kitq

Rotormaster in Sydney has a supercharger kit for the RX8 it utilise the standard exhaust and everything but has a substantial powe rincrease.

I believe a pro Charger is used which is sourced from the states

Rotormaster in Sydney has a supercharger kit for the RX8 it utilise the standard exhaust and everything but has a substantial powe rincrease.

I believe a pro Charger is used which is sourced from the states

I have had interest in hearing more about this for a long time, but there seems to be very little information on it around... So far I have only found this:

From http://www.rotormaster.com.au/subPage.asp?cid=64

"Ready to roll...The New Rotor Master RX8 "Supercharger" Kit Supercedes the Stage 1 Turbo Kit!

RXmstr84.jpg

After much research & further development to transform the RX8 Renesis Rotary Engine's power output, the crew @ Rotor Master are estatic with the results of their recently completed Stage 2 RX8 Kit with Joe opting to sideline the Turbo for the Pro-Charger!

The first Aussie assult on an RX8, Rotor Master first introduced the Stage 1 Turbocharger kit some 12 months ago & despite the unquestionable power gain, Joe & the crew still sought to increase performance levels.

So why the switch?

The GT 28 Turbo as used in the RM8 TurboChager Kit did not generate sufficient airflow & there was excessive exhaust pressure... enter the ProCharger with zero exhaust pressure and three times more air flow - a result on par with what you would expect from a TO4 Turbo!

Sheer determination coupled with persistant hard work has now produced a better overall product resulting in a kit now capable of producing a 303 rear-wheel horsepowered RX8!

(226 rear-wheel kilowatts on just 6 psi of boost with the car still revving to ten grand)... a relishing delight!

In terms of ECU, the kit is operational using a piggyback interface unit that manipulates the factory input sensors to obtain desired output (ignition & fuel delivery) when required - it all just simply plugs into place.

Enticed Yet?

RXmstr88.jpg

So what's in the Kit?

The Rotor Master SuperCharger Kit includes a US-made ProCharger C-2, a DNA Motorsport PowerMod piggyback ECU, Front Mount Intercooler & Mounting components. The Rotor Master Kit is a ready-to-go kit that bolts into place with no major modifiaction work required - in fact installation (drive in-drive out) requires less than one days work!

RXmstr82.jpg

Priced at AUS $11,900 in boxed form (ready to install) the SuperCharger kit is modest value with a 200+ kW rear wheel result with a standard exhaust system ensuring noise maintained at an appropriate level.

Plans for a Stage 2 SuperCharger Kit inclusive of an aftermarket fuel pump, larger injectors, aftermarket ignition systems plus smaller pulleys for around 10-12 psi of boost are already in motion. The Stage 2 kit hypothesised at producing over 400 rear-wheel horsepower, or around 300 rear-wheel kilowatts!"

Does anyone have any extra info?