SAU Community

Front Glass Tint?

Techo

lol yeh i do it looks awesome... how ever i dont have the front windscreen tinted, that is illegal... as for the fronts i have been told they are illegal tho i have never had troubles from the cops, despite being defected on numerous occassions they havent noticed the window tints... also mine are 15% which are illegal too :mellow: i rekon do it coz it looks good

G'day, The day we picked our stagea up from the gold coast we had the front door windows tinted at Tint.a.car, Wurtulla, on sunshine coast. We had them use 'Formula 1', the best UV but second darkest tint. I believe the next darker tint was still legal.

Terminal, i knows, but its not smoked, its "UV cut glass"

Could be the same thing though hehe :(

Thats what i ment by, it came like that factory

I personally like the untinted front windows, make the car look PIMP/VIP, the way i like it

After having my celsior with a blacked out rear window, i will never have a car with illegal tinted rear/front windscreens!

35% is legal on front door windows. And ofcoarse it is illegal to tint the front windscreen.

On my old Stagea I tinted my front door windows to 20% (illegal, but seriously, what kinda cop is gonna do you for that) (besides apparently with their light tester thingy it comes up as 27% or something anyway, so you can just say it must've had a slight standard tint when you got them done to 35% :()

Anyhow, I got my old Stag's fronts done to 20% to match the rears and it matched perfectly, never had any trouble with the law and it cost me $100 at Mastertint (perfect job). Its generally $100 plus or minus a bit depending on the company.

Tinted:

post-9001-1137904875.jpg

i had to get my rear window tinted. it's the same deal with the rear window as it is the front 2, can't be under 35% (something to do with visability, as you use the rear as much as the sides)

Techo, Havn't got a pic to post at moment. Can take one if u would like. I see SAM112 posted a pic that looked like it has a matching shade on the front doors, ours doesn't match but I think it is a good shade considering it is legal!.

Our S1 seems to have 3 levels of window colour;

1. The front windscren is clear, although is does have some heat rejection.

2. The front doors and rear screen are slightly tinted.

3. The rear doors and rear sides are heavily tinted.

I am going to cut that down to 2 levels by getting the front doors and rear screen tinted to match the rear doors and rear sides. Based on experience with other cars, even when that is done, the front doors will still appear lighter tint than the rears due to the extra light coming in throught the untinted front screen. This "apparent" difference seems to have been enough to avoid "issues" in the past.

:) cheers :D