SAU Community

Front Bar Removal

neostagea

i had a look to find if there was a front bar removal guide on here and to my surprise there wasn't so i took some pics when i had removed my bar and thought others might want to know how so here it is :rofl:

first remove the grill by using the 2 clips on each side that attach it to the front bar

post-24862-1136250925.jpg

then remove the plastic clips that hold the bar to the front re-enforcement bar.

post-24862-1136250824.jpg

then remove the screws/blots that are on the sides of the bar. to get to these pull the plastic guard back from under the wheel arch.

post-24862-1136251008.jpg

remove the blinkers from the bar

then remove the screws from under the bar that is attached to the undertray plastic of the car.

we then remove the parker lights . these come off by undoing the screw that is on the top ofparker light then insert flat head screwdriver under and lever directly straight forward.

then you will see a small bolt on the side that goes through the bumper remove this.

post-24862-1136251236.jpg

then once this is all done your front bar should come straight off...

post-24862-1136250383.jpg

easy B)

post-24862-1136251130.jpg

Yeah now that you have it off, post it to me :D

Well done though, lots of clear instructions and pics!!

Definatly should be moved to the DYI section I reckon!

• 2 years later...
sorry to reopen an old thread but is the instructions the same for a S2 front bar

yep, pretty much exactly the same. you'll be able to tell if you've missed something.. the front bar won't come off! :)

yep, pretty much exactly the same. you'll be able to tell if you've missed something.. the front bar won't come off! :)

well thank you captian obvious...lol

I just thought it might be different since the high beams are in the grill instead of in the headlights

Edited by BigDirtyJase

well thank you captian obvious...lol

I just thought it might be different since the high beams are in the grill instead of in the headlights

haha

nah, the high beams are attached to the main headlight units behind the grille, remove the grill as per this guide as it only sits in front of the high beam units (not bolted to them - might have a couple of push in type clips.. can't remember). don't need to remove the highbeam units to remove the front bar

• 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...

I know this thread is over 10 years old but I came here for advice on replacing my front bar and it helped heaps, so thank you! - is there any chance you've done a guide on removing/installing a rear bar?