SAU Community

Cleaning Air Pod

MM2death

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends what type of filter it is, mate. If it;s a K&N, you can buy a filter cleaning kit for about 25bux. Tells you how to clean it with the stuff included and gives you an aerosol of messy pink goop to re-oil it when your done.

If it's something else then i'm not sure. Only ever owned K&N's.

Someone will tell you though.

Adrian

benm

i did my hks pods (green element). They are buggered and need replacing anyways, so i thought i'd try a bit of a clean. Hot soapy water didnt do much, but get the degreaser on to them and wow! There is alotta black crap these things can hold. Left them to dry in a 29celcius night, put back in car and everything sounds a lot crisper. Im not sure if these are meant to be oiled or not????

u can use the k/N cleener kits to clean all the makes of filters. They are basically the same anyway, nt like they r made from different material! :P

Cleaned my a week ago.

Get K&N cleaner and oil.

Got a pack that had the two for about $29.

Tap and brush excess dirt off.

Soak with cleaner.

Let sit.

Rinse from inside out.

Allow to dry.........Over night.

Re-Oil.

Originally posted by MRK25T

How can I clean my Apexi air filter ? Is it the similar to Pawleys HKS pod?

Mark

Are you sure that's an Apexi? It looks more like a Blitz metal mesh one. The only Apexi one I know of is a high flowing paper element one, and with either that or the metal mesh style, they don't need to be oiled.

If yours isn't either of the above I can't answer your question :(

I don't think the apexi's need to be re-oiled as they are not a 'wet' filter, whereas the K&N is, thus it needs to be re-oiled.

The HKS filters are not meant to be washed, but replaced altogether.

Apexi Filter

filter.jpg

Originally posted by JimX

Are you sure that's an Apexi? It looks more like a Blitz metal mesh one. The only Apexi one I know of is a high flowing paper element one, and with either that or the metal mesh style, they don't need to be oiled.

If yours isn't either of the above I can't answer your question :(

Jimmy, thats what they described/named the filter at the dealership I bought the car from. I haven't had a good look at it to see if it had any brand name so your probably right.

It is a metal mesh, so should I pull it apart and clean it like mentioned above and not worry about oil?

Mark