SAU Community

My Stagea Is For Sale :( Help!

SAM112

Hey guys,

If any of your mates or family members or what-not like your Stag's and decide they'd like one, mine is for sale.

I have put up a $500 spotters fee for anyone who refers the person that ends up buying the car.

Its a 98 model series 2, 42,000kms, as new inside and out, 100% mechanically perfect and a very very regretful sale :) But unfortunately, she has to go (buying a house).

$24,500 ono.

Thanks for your help. . Sam.

- For some reason i cannot link my images on sau to here. . so click either of the links in my signature for pictures. .

• 2 weeks later...

Just at a car yard 5yrs ago, Euctice Motorcity (ken eustice was n ex SANFL legend) for 15k with new tyres and real low kms, and Ive kept the kms low and mod'd it nicely.

I bought it when I was 22, but to this day never had it sideways or did burnouts, or silly things like that. Very clean car; it gets picked up in half an hour!

The BT1 is pretty much an Executive badged SS. Top car with the Pal-enhanced FE2 suspension, but still, the standard run of the mill Falcodore. Then again, my oldies tried to sell me their VT Calais V6, but frankly my VR V8 was SUCH a nicer car, better build quality, great handler, etc etc.

Sam, good luck with the sale of the S2 Stagea..... why? Such a nice car, pity you're flogging it off! I adore my S1 Stagea, I reckon they are top cars... pity its made for Japanese and not my 201cm tall body!

Brenda\n

..although the KM's probably aren't helping you - A member rang me about your car before I'd seen the post, and said "$25K, 42000km,.." and the first thing I said was "in QLD?" See some of the other posts on the topic, it is very very very rare to get a car with that many K's from 1998, even in Japan. And if it did have that many, it would be noticably expensive!

So not saying you did, but someone before you has probably put the clock back, and anybody reading the add will be suspicious. If you have proof of them, you should post it as I reckon that will help your sale.. As will posting the original Japanese auction report...

Of course, may not make any difference...

Edit: and I should say the km's should be irrelevant for anyone looking at a car anyway, look at it's condition etc. skylines/stageas are only starting to be 'run in' at 100,000kms, and I would call them "high km's" until well over 200,000. They were just built so well it doesn't matter (someone I know has recently clocked over 500,000 in his R30, with the only 'major' problem new fuel injectors abotu 100,000k's ago...).

So look at the car, and ignore the km's...

Ian

Edited by ian

You can see by looking at the car in person that the k's are genuine. The steering wheel, shifter, seats, everything looks brand new! there is not a single mark on anything on the whole car, thats why I believe it is genuine. No scratches or anything, anywhere.

When i got in the car for the first time i could not believe it! I seriously thought it was brand new!

I will see what is amongst all the importation documents i recieved with the car.

I didnt think digital odometers can be wound back?

Yep, real easy for people who know how. Just look at some of the import yards (particularly in QLD..) - all the cars (from 1990 to 1999) have 45K plus or minus 10K...

You should get the original Japanese auction sheet, as there is a fair chance it hasn't been changed before then...

(see http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=87300 for an example....)

Ian

its not just the dealer that winds back the clock. i am sure its a lot easier for a japanese person to find a stagea console then a dealer in australia, so generally it would happend at the auction/dealer yard in japan..

well, so i find with all these 15yo imports with under 100,000 on the clock... BS!

Yeah I have a mate who bought an r32 4 door last week with a "genuine" 31 000km's....Yeah right

i sold an 89 r32 4 door with 55,000 genuine!!!..would put my left and even the right nut on it..have a 260e 1990 with 55,000 both cars with full history documents...it all comes back to the oz buyer and who there dealing with in japan,genuine low k cars are there and can be bought if you understand that the 29klm cars at the yards should be 6-7grand more if they were genuine

• 3 weeks later...

Mine had a genuine very low kms... guy said it didnt have service history so i was a bit suss but got it anyway and then found the service books stuck under the seat - all filled out and stamped as logbook services in Japan - was thrilled!

By the way its for sale! Now a genuine 60,000kms - series 2 neo6 and if someone offered me $23,000 Id probably take it im that desperate to offload it! Got my little Datsun Roadster now to do up - need the repayments off my back to get started on the little beast :(

Edited by Brazen

Mine had a genuine very low kms... guy said it didnt have service history so i was a bit suss but got it anyway and then found the service books stuck under the seat - all filled out and stamped as logbook services in Japan - was thrilled!

By the way its for sale!  Now a genuine 60,000kms - series 2 neo6 and if someone offered me $23,000 Id probably take it im that desperate to offload it!  Got my little Datsun Roadster now to do up - need the repayments off my back to get started on the little beast ;)

hey brazen love ya stagea mate, if i didnt own mine i would buy yours for that price for sure. though i woulda still put the 26 in it :)

good luck with the sale ill let people know :)

cheers

Brad