SAU Community

R34 Gtt Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

I have now finished the engineering on the R34GTT suspension kit. There are quite a few differences in settings and parts selection, particularly shock absorber valving which needed a large number of changes. I have also included the often requested Dust Cover and Bump Stop kit, you only need it if you have to replace your broken, lost or worn out standard parts.

Skyline_Kit.jpg

Bilstein_Logo.jpg

The supply of R34GTT Bilsteins is OK at the moment, but don't hesitate too long with taking up the Group Buy as they will all be gone. The next shipment is not due for at least 5 months.

R34GTT_Whiteline_Package.jpg

Rear Camber kit

KCA347.jpg

Please PM me with your order and post up any questions you may have on here. As it may answer other peoples questions at the same time. Fitting and alignment can be done at the following locations

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coat Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

Motsons Qld

More fitting stations will be posted as they come to hand. Please note that the above fitting locations are workshops that I have used in the past, so I know that they can do the necessary work to the right standard and have the right equipment. No special prices or discounts apply, you can negotiate fitting cost and times directly. A full kit will take at least a whole day as the bushes in particular can be time consuming to fit.

cheers

PS; Shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is ~10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provided at the time of shipping, so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details at the bottom of the price list, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the guys that are ordering the Bump Stop and Dust cover kit. You will have to trim the bump stops to suite the correct height that you are going to have your car set at. The dust cover clips ove the end of the bump stop stop so you have to trim the other end with a knife, be careful it is easy to slip and cut yourself.

This is a picture of what the bump stop and dust cover assembled would look like at higher than standard height;

Bump_Stop_Dust_Cover_Small.jpg

This is how much much to trim off the bump stop, shown next to a standard Skyline bump stop. The orange line is for standard height, the red line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the yellow line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Comparison_With_Heights_Small.jpg

Note that standard height is 2 circlip grooves up from the standard circlip groove, ~350 mm is the standard circlip groove and 330 mm is 2/3 circlip grooves down from the standard groove. You can pick the standard groove as it has a yellow stripe accros it. Plus the circlip should be in that groove when you get the shocks.

If you are using the standard bump stops they also have to be trimmed if you are going lower than standard height. Not that you have to trim the thick part of the standard bump stop, not just cut off the little lump on the bottom. You will need a hack saw as the rubber is very tough. The red line (no trimming) is for standard height, the yellow line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the orange line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Standard_Triming_Small.jpg

Hope that was of some help, if you have any questions please post them up here as it may answer other peoples queries as well

:D cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

Can we order individual items Gary? or only the whole kit?

You can order whatever you want, I organised the Group Buy that way because a lot of people already have some of the parts. Keep in mind that the kit is designed to work together and the settings are based on using the whole kit. You may find you have to change some settings to get the best out of thre combination that you have.

:P cheers :D

PS; remember orders over $500 have no freight and orders over $1K have an extra 5% discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SK,

(PM also sent)

Questions... :)

1. Front camber adjustment - can this be achieved with the factory adjustments?

2. Rear subframe adjustment kit - is this mainly for drift/drag applications or needed for road use also?

3. Any workshop in Brisbane you'd recommend?

Thanks heaps!! :P

Hey SK,

(PM also sent)

Questions...  :)

1. Front camber adjustment - can this be achieved with the factory adjustments?

2. Rear subframe adjustment kit - is this mainly for drift/drag applications or needed for road use also?

3.  Any workshop in Brisbane you'd recommend?

Thanks heaps!!  :P

PM response sent as follows, please remember every car is different;

1. The bad news is there is no factory camber adjustment on the front. The good news is you MAY not need to adjust the front camber. MOST R34GTT's end up between 0.5 degrees and 1 degree negative when they are lowered to around 355mm (centre of wheel to guard) or higher. That's around 20 mm lower than standard, off the showroom floor standard is around 375 mm. Measure yours up and see if you will be happy at 355 mm, if you are then you MAY not need a front camber kit.

The rear of R34GTT's has a small amount of camber adjustment standard. So the same applies, keep it similar to the front in height, around 345mm (note that the rear guards are cut lower than the front guards). The standard rear adjuster USUALLY has just enough adjustment to get to 0.5 degrees negative. So you MAY not need a rear camber kit.

2. The rear subframe alignment kit makes a great deal of difference to the handling feel of the rear end. They only cost ~$100 and take 10 minutes to fit yourself. They are a good cheap upgrade, personally I wouldn't leave them out.

3. Fulcrum are the only consistent ones I have encountered. I have not listed them because I know (from past experiences) that they will try to push their own stuff. After all that's how they make their money. A long as you are firm in what you want and insist on the parts and settings (as specified in the Group Buy) they will do good fitting and alignment for an OK price.

Hope that answered your questions

:P cheers :D

ah... this kit has come around, i remember you talking bout this :)

I actually gave Chris at Centreline a call quite a few months back, and was asking him bout a full whiteline kit, etc... anyways, he came with this kit option for me...

King Springs

Bilstein Shocks

Whiteline handling kit (can't quite remember what was in this specifically)

Adjustable bars if they weren't in the handling kit

Pineapples.

i think that was it, so seems fairly similar to your kit? I think it was around $3K parts and fitting, all up. So yours seems a bit cheaper.

Are there any major differences between ur kit and the one Chris came up with? Does one suit one application more than the other?

I'm not interested in drag, just track work so not sure if one kit is better suited than the other.

cheers,

chinny

P.S. i'll get the exact Whiteline part #'s, and other product #'s soon, i've got it all written down, what Chris said.

ah... this kit has come around, i remember you talking bout this :)

I actually gave Chris at Centreline a call quite a few months back, and was asking him bout a full whiteline kit, etc... anyways, he came with this kit option for me...

King Springs

Bilstein Shocks

Whiteline handling kit (can't quite remember what was in this specifically)

Adjustable bars if they weren't in the handling kit

Pineapples.

i think that was it, so seems fairly similar to your kit? I think it was around $3K parts and fitting, all up. So yours seems a bit cheaper.

Are there any major differences between ur kit and the one Chris came up with? Does one suit one application more than the other?

I'm not interested in drag, just track work so not sure if one kit is better suited than the other.

cheers,

chinny

P.S. i'll get the exact Whiteline part #'s, and other product #'s soon, i've got it all written down, what Chris said.

Hi Chinny, Chris would have specified pretty much the same as the Group Buy kit. I have used the Whiteline springs because the spring rates are just slightly more suited to the rest of the kit than the Kings. The adjustable stabiliser bars are an option in the Whiteline handling kit. Usefull if you want to play around with the settings to get the balance to your personal preferences. But if you don't want to play around then save your money and get the fixed rate bars. Silly to pay for something if you are not going to use it.

The Group Buy prices are very competitive, should save you a good $400 off retail prices. After all that's what a Group Buy is all about.

:) Cheers :(

Edited by Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, there are only a few sets of R34GTT Bilsteins left. As soon as they are sold Jamex will be closing the Group Buy on the R34GTT kit. We have no word from Germany as to when they will be making the next production run of R34GTT Bilsteins.

So if you are thinking about joining in, don't wait too long.

:) Cheers :)

Is the full kit around $2370, did i add that up right?

Ok, Chris said...

Handling Pack: (R33 but fits R34)

- BNF24Z (Blades)

- BNR11Z

- KCA331 (Front castor)

- KCA347 (rear camber)

Rear pineapples: (i think he was referring to Whiteline?)

- $120

King Springs:

- kDFL-101

- KDRL-615P

Bilstein Shocks: (Bilstein Sport)

-----------------------

Your kit has the Front Camber and Subframe Alignment, which the handling pack doesn't have standard. But i would tend to think they are quite important parts of the kit.

Don't see a need for pineapples?

What's the supply like of the other parts? Just wondering whether i might get some Bilsteins whilst they're still available, and once saved up a little more, grab the rest of the kit?

Is it an option to get the bilsteins on their own?

cheers,

daniel

Is the full kit around $2370, did i add that up right?

Ok, Chris said...

Handling Pack: (R33 but fits R34)

- BNF24Z (Blades)

- BNR11Z

- KCA331 (Front castor)

- KCA347 (rear camber)

Rear pineapples: (i think he was referring to Whiteline?)

- $120

King Springs:

- kDFL-101

- KDRL-615P

Bilstein Shocks: (Bilstein Sport)

-----------------------

Your kit has the Front Camber and Subframe Alignment, which the handling pack doesn't have standard. But i would tend to think they are quite important parts of the kit.

Don't see a need for pineapples?

What's the supply like of the other parts? Just wondering whether i might get some Bilsteins whilst they're still available, and once saved up a little more, grab the rest of the kit?

Is it an option to get the bilsteins on their own?

cheers,

daniel

Yep you could do that but, when the Bilsteins run out the Group Buy will have to close. A few guys have left a deposit ($100 per shock) which holds the whole kit until the balance is paid. That cost covers revalving shoud the order fall through for any reason. PM me for more details.

:( cheers :(

hmmm getting some uneven wear on my front tyres... wonder if a camber kit would fix it.

Maybe pop into your local tyre service (one that has 4 wheel alignment equipment), get the alignment checked (don't adjust anything) and post a copy of the print out of the results. Then I can advise on the best course of action.

:( chers:)

That sounds like a real good idea, deposit. I'll pm :(

oh yeah, that's what i forgot to ask, i heard that the bilstein shocks have been revalved to suit your kit specifically? is that right?

oh is the $2370 bout right for the full kit?

EDIT: are the bilstein shocks either?

-B46-2107 and 2108

-B46-1873 and 1916

-Be5-2590 and 2589

cheers,

daniel.

That sounds like a real good idea, deposit. I'll pm :)

oh yeah, that's what i forgot to ask, i heard that the bilstein shocks have been revalved to suit your kit specifically? is that right?

oh is the $2370 bout right for the full kit?

EDIT: are the bilstein shocks either?

-B46-2107 and 2108

-B46-1873 and 1916

-Be5-2590 and 2589

cheers,

daniel.

Yes Daniel, I have specified revalving for the Bislteins to suite the spring and bar rates I have chosen.

B46-2107 and 2108 = R33GTR, I wouldn't use those, the spring rates necessary to hold up the front of a 4wd Skylines are very different from the ones needed to hold up a 2wd. Hence the shock valving is quite different.

-B46-1873 and 1916 = R33GTST, I can't physically use them, the R33GTST has an eye at the bottom of the rear shock and R34GTT has a fork.

-BE5-2590 and 2589 = Stagea, I wouldn't use those either, the spring rates necessary to hold up the front of a 4wd Stagea waggon are very different from the ones needed to hold up a 2wd coupe. Hence the shock valving is quite different. Plus I can't use them anyway, the Stagea has an eye at the bottom of the rear shock and R34GTT has a fork.

PM me with eactly what parts you want and I will confirm the prices. You have a few options with regard to adjustable and non adjustable stabilser bars and the free freight and extra 5% over $1K in one order.

Hope that answered your questions

;) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid