SAU Community

Stagea Group Buy Whiteline & Bilstein

Sydneykid

I have organised a SAU Group Buy for Whiteline suspension components and Bilstein shock absorbers for Stagea Series 1 and Series 2. We get 15% discount off recommended retail and free freight if the individual order is over $500. Plus anyone who spends $1,000 or more gets an additional 5% discount.

I have chosen the springs rates and the stabiliser bar rates based on my experience with this model. Plus the shocks come with matching valving for those spring rates and 5 circlip grooves for setting the height up just how you want it. In addition the adjustable stabiliser bars come with 2 extra holes for even more adjustment.

1903Bilsteins_Small.jpg

The recommended settings for road use are also included. The savings on a full kit is around $600, so it is not only technically a great set up it is also good value for money.

Delivery is via Toll Priority and I have organised an Australia wide price, so it doesn't matter where you live, you will get the parts at the same price as everyone else.

Please post up your order here and any questions you may have.

:) cheers ;)

Stagea_Whiteline_Package.jpg

PS; Several sets of shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is 10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provided at the time of shipping, so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details in the initial post, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey sk, awesome deal mate, and finally we know we are getting the right gear for the job :)

just wondering if u can get 260rs rear shockies (bilstein) instead of the gts-t style stagea stock rears (as i got gtr diff and hubs now)? and how much are they for the pair?

whens the group buy going to finish up roughly?

cheers

Brad

hey sk, awesome deal mate, and finally we know we are getting the right gear for the job :D

just wondering if u can get 260rs rear shockies (bilstein) instead of the gts-t style stagea stock rears (as i got gtr diff and hubs now)? and how much are they for the pair?

whens the group buy going to finish up roughly?

cheers

Brad

Hi Brad, no problems getting the rear Bilsteins with forks (instead of bushes), the price is pretty much the same. I don't know how long I can keep up the Group Buy, it depends on how many people take it up. At least a month I would say judging by the early interest.

:) Cheers :)

cool, well ive worked out i need the:

whiteline springs x 4 = $288

bilstein shocks x 4 = $952

rear adjustable swaybar x 1 = $219 (ive already got a front swaybar)

caster (front only) = $110

camber (full set) = $395

subframe alignment = $105

total of $2069 (free shipping) - 5%

so does $1965.55c delivered sound right?

why do all the good deals come up when i gotta do my rebuild :D

cheers

Brad

can u get away with just shocks and springs?

is the camber / caster / subframe needed?

Each of the items will "work" on its own, but on a Stagea the stabiliser bars make a huge difference, because of their higher centre of gravity, particularly the rear for obvious reasons. The extra caster also make a big difference, they simply don't have enough caster standard (same as GTR's).

Whether you need the camber kit or not depends on how low you want it to be. The lowest setting on the front means you need the front camber kit. The 2nd lowest setting on the rear means you need one camber kit there as well. The lowest setting on the rear usually means 2 rear camber kits.

If you need some more details have a look in the Stagea Suspension thread as it is pretty well all covered there.

:D cheers :)

PS; I have designed these kits because so many guys buy a set of Jap coil overs, lower it to ground and think they have the best handling Skyline ever. Then some of them are lucky enough to follow a properly set up car and they realise what they have is not only poor handling but much rougher riding than necessary.

SK Who is your contact at Whiteline who actually knows what is going on and what a Stagea is?

I ordered everything but the rear shocks and springs over a month ago and have not seen anything yet. I didn’t bother with the rear shocks or springs because it was just too hard to get them to understand what I was after.

I would like to contact them to get my order adjusted to include the rear shocks and springs, add the read sub frame alignment kit and get the discounted prices but I can see it all being just too hard.

SK Who is your contact at Whiteline who actually knows what is going on and what a Stagea is? 

I ordered everything but the rear shocks and springs over a month ago and have not seen anything yet.  I didn’t bother with the rear shocks or springs because it was just too hard to get them to understand what I was after.

I would like to contact them to get my order adjusted to include the rear shocks and springs, add the read sub frame alignment kit and get the discounted prices but I can see it all being just too hard.

Hi Burns, this Group Buy isn't though Whiteline directly, it use some Whiteline components, but the Bilsteins come direct from Bilstein.

Can I make a suggestion, cancel the order with Whiteline and I will put it through the Group Buy. That way you will get all of my designed tricks included and a better price. PM me to confirm.

:) Cheers ;)

Subframe alignment?? Sorry you missed explaining that one

On the price list caster is only listed at the front, is the front all that is needed or is 2 sets needed?

Also why is Toe Std Adj on the list with no price?

Thanks

Edited by emanuelt

Subframe alignment?? Sorry you missed explaining that one

On the price list caster is only listed at the front, is the front all that is needed or is 2 sets needed?

Also why is Toe Std Adj on the list with no price?

Thanks

Caster is basically the camber that happens when you turn the steering wheel (usually measured at 20 degrees). So you don't have rear caster. You only need one set of caster bushes for the front.

Skylines have front and rear toe adjusters standard, so you don't need any components to adjust the toe. It is inlcuded on the list so that you know what toe settings are best (recommended by me) for use with the kit.

Subframe alignment, Stagea just like R32/33/34 Skylines have big rubber bushes the mount the rear subframe to the chassis. There is a lot of flex in there which upsets the balance. Whiteline have a sub frame alignment kit (sometimes called "pineapples") which removes most of that flexing around. The kit also includes a set of bushes that enable you to adjust the angle of the subframe to change the rear anti squat (how much the rear squats under acceleration). The instructions that come with the kit shows you how to fit the bushes.

Hope that answered your questions

:D cheers :(

Edited by Sydneykid

Hi SK, being not one of the elite Stagea owners, but able to use the parts for my GTR, am I able to still get some group buy action?

specifically the swaybars and subframe alignment bushes...

No problems, I have finished the engineering on R33GTST, R32GTST and Stagea. I am currently working on R32GTR and R33GTR, should be finished in a few days. So keep your eye on the Group Buys forum.

:D cheers :(

i was wondering wether you can get grooves down to 300mm from centre of wheel to gaurd, as 350mm is way too high and leaves the tyres to gaurd clearance of like 2 inches :)

i dont want no 4wd lookin wagon even if it is :ph34r:

cheers

Brad

i was wondering wether you can get grooves down to 300mm from centre of wheel to gaurd, as 350mm is way too high and leaves the tyres to gaurd clearance of like 2 inches  :D

i dont want no 4wd lookin wagon even if it is  :D

cheers

Brad

Hi Brad, I can put grooves down to zero if you want, but you have to be very careful. There is not a lot of suspension travel, this is not shock absorber constrained, it is front driveshaft limited. In addition the front lower control arm moves to a static upward angle (outwards, towards the wheel), this means a dynamic shift to positive camber on suspension compression. Hence a savage jump into understeer, not good on a car with a 4wd system that shifts away from oversteer on power on ie; double whammy.

I have spent several days jacking the suspension up and down, looking for the design limitations. Added to that I have driven so many Skylines that handle very badly, some are downright dangerous. I have then designed the suspension kits to give the best handling and ride.

Bottom, line, if you want super low for look that's fine, but don't expect it to handle or ride very well.

:D cheers :)

PS; 350 mm is on the standard groove, there is 24 mm lower than that (3 X 8mm) availble via moving the circlip.

Edited by Sydneykid

Do i need the camber kits if i buy the shocks and spring?

Currently i am 100% interested and able to afford the

f/r shocks and spring

caster kit

subframe alignment

BUt, do i need the camber kits? that JUST blows my budget by ~200$