SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

Contact Details

Superior Suspension

4 Lincoln St Minto NSW 2566

(02) 9603 0100

I have organised a SAU Group Buy for Whiteline suspension components and Bilstein shock absorbers for R33GTST Series 1 and Series 2. We get 15% discount off recommended retail and free freight if the individual order is over $500. Plus anyone who spends $1,000 or more gets an additional 5% discount.

I have chosen the springs rates and the stabiliser bar rates based on my experience with this model. Plus the shocks come with matching valving for those spring rates and 5 circlip grooves for setting the height up just how you want it. In addition the adjustable stabiliser bars come with 2 extra holes for even more adjustment.

1903Bilsteins_Small.jpg

The recommended settings for road use are also included. The savings on a full kit is around $600, so it is not only technically a great set up it is also good value for money.

KCA332.jpg

Delivery is via Toll Priority and I have organised an Australia wide price, so it doesn't matter where you live, you will get the parts at the same price as everyone else.

KCA347.jpg

Please post up your order here and any questions you may have. Fitting and alignment can be done at the following locations

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coat Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Exceller Steering Bankstown NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

Motsons Coopers Plains & Springwood Qld

More fitting stations will be posted as they come to hand.

;) cheers :)

R33GTST_Whiteline_Package.jpg

PS; Several sets of shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is 10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provided at the time of shipping, so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details in the initial post, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

Edited by R31Nismoid

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi SK

how much for the following items. 

front springs

front and rear stabiliser bars

front and rear bilsteins

The attachment at the bottom has all the options settings and prices. That's the best I can do until the gallery is working again.

Edited by Sydneykid

Guest tkch55

Hi SK,

just a question, will this be an ongoing group buy or is there an expiry date to it?

really keen but gotta save up for it

Cheers

Thomas

Edited by tkch55

Hi SK,

just a question, will this be an ongoing group buy or is there an expiry date to it?

really keen but gotta save up for it

Cheers

Thomas

I think it will be ongoing, it depends on how many people want to join in. Plus I am going to expand it for more Skyline models, as I do the engineering on rates, settings and valving.

PS; you can buy it bit by bit of you want.

Several sets of shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is 10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provide at the time of shipping so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details in the initial post, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

:) cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

any chance on r33 gtr? if so how much?

cheers

gif

Hi Gif, I am working on R32GTR and R33GTR, should be ready in about a week. The shock valving is quite tricky, all of the 6 valves will need changing in each shock. So maybe ~$25 per shock more than R33GTST. The springs, bars and bushes will be the same price.

:) cheers ;)

i'm interested in full kit for series one.

so free delivery plus 5% off total prices listed above?

That's the Group Buy deal, no freight and an extra 5% off for orders over $1,000. Confirm the price via PM and transfer the money, it's that simple. Unlike some other Group Buys you won't have to wait for all of the other people's orders to come in. I have arranged that each order is processed straight away.

:huh: cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

How are you buddy.

The offer sounds like a great one, however i just have some questions, mainly because i dont know much about suspension

You said,

"I have chosen the springs rates and the stabiliser bar rates based on my experience with this model. Plus the shocks come with matching valving for those spring rates and 5 circlip grooves for setting the height up just how you want it. In addition the adjustable stabiliser bars come with 2 extra holes for even more adjustment."

I was initially looking for some coilovers, and i was looking at the HD Systems ones. How do these match up to those? Obviously its made by a major company, but with the adjustment, will i have similar levels of adjustment to the HD Systems. Will i be able to lower and raise them at will? What sort of spring rates are they? I was hoping to get into a a bit of drifting once the cars done, so will these allow me enough scope for adjustment?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex :D

If the prices are similar, I'd definately be interested in shocks + springs (maybe sway bars) for my R32 GTST, if/when you offer them.

~$1300 for a new setup seems like better value than ~$700 to rebuild my Tein HA's.

The Group Buy for the R32GTST is up, prices are posted.

:P cheers :)

How are you buddy.

The offer sounds like a great one, however i just have some questions, mainly because i dont know much about suspension

You said,

"I have chosen the springs rates and the stabiliser bar rates based on my experience with this model. Plus the shocks come with matching valving for those spring rates and 5 circlip grooves for setting the height up just how you want it. In addition the adjustable stabiliser bars come with 2 extra holes for even more adjustment."

I was initially looking for some coilovers, and i was looking at the HD Systems ones. How do these match up to those? Obviously its made by a major company, but with the adjustment, will i have similar levels of adjustment to the HD Systems. Will i be able to lower and raise them at will? What sort of spring rates are they? I was hoping to get into a a bit of drifting once the cars done, so will these allow me enough scope for adjustment?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex  :P

Hi Alex, this is a "road" suspension set up. There will be others for drag, circuit and drift, they will be more tailored to the activity. I will be doing the engineering on them progressively over the next month or so.

The adjustable stabiliser bars mean you can have a high grip road car and a low rear grip drift car. All you do is select the large rear stabiliser bar (24mm) and change the bar settings, firm for road and really really firm for drift. If you have ever driven a drift car on the road in the wet you will know how important that ease of adjustment is.

As for a comparison with a simple set of springs and shocks, well there isn't any. You would have to have 2 sets of rear springs and swap them over, soft for road and hard for drift. In addition you wouldn't get the camber and caster adjustment (both essential in a road and drift car) that this kit offers.

Lowering and raising at will, is truly a bit of a wank. After the novelty wears off 99% of people don't bother. Plus, on a Skyline, it changes the suspension geometry so you would need to do a wheel alignment everytime you rasied or lowerd the car. Plus resetting the corner weights would be a good idea. That's what we do with the race cars every time. The reality is you won't change anything but the look by raising or lowering, the effect on handling on a double wishbone suspension is mostly because of the wheel alignment changes, not the height itself.

The bottom line, if you are going to drive the car mostly on the road and do a little drifting ocassionally then this set up will do the job. If you are going to do a lot of drifting and only drive the car on the road to and from drift events, then I would hang out for a couple of weeks until the drift kit is available. It will also have the alignment bushes and settings for that application.

Hope that answered your questions

:) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid