SAU Community

Stagea's With R34 Gtr Fronts

Ska

So I have seen 2 stagea's with R34 fronts on them here in Brisbane, a silver one and a yellow one.

Noob question, how involved is this?

I think it looks shit hot and wouldnt mind doing it, but atm $1 is out of my price range.

I know they are out there, but how much of a hassle is it? How legal is it, do you need a mod plate?

dsc071581qs.jpg

dsc071593zq.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I absolutely love them. There are a few that have crept into the country.

On that particular one above, I don't like the gab between the front of the bonnet and the grill. Not that that would stop me from owning one :D

Definately good. Seeing as you own a stagea, im asuming that you are contemplating this front end conversion. What you will find if you havent searched already is that sourcing that masa kit + postage is going to be a pain in the ass. Since its a prefrabricated kit there shouldnt be any hassles in terms of converting it. The lagalities of a 34 front end on a stagea i doubt will be legal but as there are many front end swaps done already ie sil80/onevia and the likes, i doubt you will have any problems with the authorities.

from memory the kit from masa is panels only and you will still need to source things such as the r34 gtr radiator support and headlights to take this into account when you start on this path

also i recall that someone in wa mentioned that here in wa it is illegal to fit plastic front guards as they dont meet adr's for crash requirements

i love the look of the front but i think cost and insurance would be a big factor for me also legality for insurance reasons

Hmmmmmm that is a lot of money just for that look, cant justify it for about 5 years I reckon, yes I will be whipped sometime soon ;).

But yeah cool thanks for the info, still looks damn nice dont it :P

Oh also was pointed ou tthe the rear guards would look better if they were flared, as from the perspective of the camera that took those photo's it looks like the rear is not as wide as the front, as the gtr panels really fflare out, but still, I like it!