SAU Community

Consult interfaces (with proper consult connector)

Update: in case you dont make it to post #2, im all out of consult interfaces, and have no more planned.

hope to get custom pcb made then perhaps, and have a diy kit available for those who want to make it themselves.

--------

Been making some consult interfaces for guys on silviansw, now theyre available to SAU. See second post in this thread for status on the current number available/pending.

For those who dont know, on stock ecu's that support consult (1991+ nissan cars up till late 90s), you can obtain heaps of stuff from them, such as error codes, sensor readouts, perform active tests (turn off cylinders), and heaps of other stuff. note: these dont work for aftermarket ecu's like powerfc

Best software out is $25: http://home.iprimus.com.au/tkolo/datascan.htm

some good free alternatives, including scantech nissan, free conzult and calumsult

interfaces.jpg

has worked in all cars that support consult thus far (only one s14 had trouble, and wouldnt work with datascan, only scantech)

$75, preferably pickup (blacktown area of sydney) so i can show working etc, but otherwise post is ok. cable is long enough to keep the interface in glove box (about 180cm, cable from box to laptop is about 60cm). box size is 65 x 38 x 27mm. requires laptop with serial port (usb serial adaptors are like $15 from ebay). datascan software is +$25 which is passed onto TomR33 of these forums (guy who wrote it)

any questions feel free to ask.

Peter

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold: 13

ALL SOLD

hope to get custom pcb made then perhaps, and have a diy kit available for those who want to make it themselves.

Sold:

BLK R33 GTST (interface + datascan, pickup)

Abo Bob (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

skyQUEST (interface + datascan, pickup)

Neo_R34 (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

bless_you (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

zei20l (interface, pickup (snsw))

RedDrifter (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

DumHed (test interface, pickup (snsw))

VaSX (test interface + parts for 2nd, pickup (ns.com))

JSL (interface + datascan, pickup)

sewid (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

d00dz (interface, sent via registered post)

Mr GTS4 (interface + datascan, sent via express post)

Interested:

lbfalcon

Kit:

elbee111

Adski

------

Peter

most nissan cars from 91 to 96-2000ish (depend on model) have a consult connector which is a 14 pin grey socket normally found in the fuse box inside cabin (drivers right kickpanel, or somewhere around steering column)

it only has the one consult port. it was originally made for diagnostic operations with a handheld computer that nissan workshops have.

maximumrpm: p166 would have to be absolute minimum i guess for nissan datascan (due to gauges etc) - but other software, and theres plenty of alternatives, im sure ud find some which is bound to work better. if i was in ur situation id just get the interface and try all the free software first. worst case, if its too slow and u have no alternative, if the interface is still in original condition i can refund you.

bless_you: hope to have 4 more made (see second post) by weekend, then ill start another lot. cant say for sure how much, but id definitely try to keep up with however many are needed without too much delays (within reason...they each take at least a few hours to make, but might be able to get it dont quicker in parallel)

only a few capacitors are stopping me making more than 4 (might get some tomorrow if i think of it)

datascan should run on win95/98 - on low spec laptops, itd run better on 95/98 due to less overhead by os. not sure about the other programs.

What are Conzults minimal (hardware) requirements ?

the software runs on almost any version of Microsoft Windows (9X/ME/NT/2000/XP)

minimal PC/Laptop hardware requirements are 166Mhz Pentium processor and 32Mb RAM memory.

thats for the free conzult - i think its the software most likely to work well (less graphics etc). i personally wouldnt go with datascan if u only have access to low spec laptop, just cause its not up to me whether u could get a refund if it doesnt work sufficiently on your laptop. perhaps pm TomR33 and ask him (on these forums), as hes the one who wrote it.

pm'ed bank details.

like ive said to a few in pm's, its preferable if you transfer money only after ive confirmed making more successfully (eg maybe im missing a part/have some trouble etc that could delay things - im not, but who knows) - just so your not waiting too long after paying.

i think ive got enough parts to make 12 more at this stage

got an assignment due monday that ive been caught up with

got 2 more (neo_34 and webber if he's still interested, otherwise urs) that need wiring/box done, hopefully ill get some time by tuesday at latest, but more than likely tomorrow/weekend ill get that done. then ill start on another 6 or 8 (only have 6 boxes left i think) and i guess aim to have them done by the next weekend.

at some point i aim to get a schematic drawn up and possibly instructions on how to make it just like i am (same parts/board etc) for anyone that wants to make it themselves (and save some $). just the difficulty with that is it might end up taking more time to help with people who get stuck than to do it myself, but ill see how things go