SAU Community

My R30

R30 Julie

Ive only recently bought a 1981 R30 coupe its a factory GT-R type it was a limited production run only in black L20det ,the wheels are Volk centre single nut 15s [factory for GT-R ] no intercooler .It was pretty sad whan i got it but work is progessing ok , any way what i need help with is Ive only got 3 mags and its missing the centre wheel adaptor there the same as super tourers use and MGBs with wire wheels any way if you guys know any thing about these R30s or where i can get the bits i need please help ......julie-anne...........in Perth

sounds very interesting. I'm not up on all the models available in the R30 range, but I know there was no GTR in the Nissan line-up from 1973 (KPGC110) to whenever the R32 GTR was produced - 1989?. So definitely no GTR model in the R30 range.

I would also very much doubt that your car was released with a single nut hub assembly as original equipment. Do you have a pic of one of these wheels?

sounds very interesting. I'm not up on all the models available in the R30 range, but I know there was no GTR in the Nissan line-up from 1973 (KPGC110) to whenever the R32 GTR was produced - 1989?. So definitely no GTR model in the R30 range.

I would also very much doubt that your car was released with a single nut hub assembly as original equipment. Do you have a pic of one of these wheels?

YES ,i have the factory photographs, decal lines [GT-R] production nos [have you ever heard of homlogation] do you have more facts your not sure of?...julie-anne

what i need help with is Ive only got 3 mags and its missing the centre wheel adaptor there the same as super tourers use

I was asking for a pic of the wheel because I thought it might help someone locate another, which is what you seem to be after. But it's a little unclear - what's "the centre wheel adapter" that's missing?

there was no R30 GTR, and I know of no homologation special for the R30. There was a GTS-R homologation version of the R31 for GroupA touring car racing, however. The R30 L20ET models had GT-ES badges.

pics of hubs and car would be a big help??? sounds to me like you may have got your hands on either a very rear car or an ex race car!

is it an ex race car?

here's the Gibson Motorsport Group A tourng car DR30. They ran the 4 stud pattern back then, but that's not to say all the cars of the era did, or that they weren't changed by a subsequent owner.

87002.jpg

the coupe is all factory, the knock off mags are factory and where fitted as a homlogation spec.i havnt any photos as its sitting in the garage on blocks for work to be finished if you navigate to the skyline HR31 club to darkhalf to import section its the black coupe shown .Iwant to go sprint or club racing in it so im chasing as much on it as i can get ....julie

YES ,i have the factory photographs, decal lines [GT-R] production nos [have you ever heard of homlogation] do you have more facts your not sure of?...julie-anne

Julie,

I have the Nissan sales brochure for all R30 models marketed and there is no mention of a GTR in it. It is a well documented fact that the GTR models dissappeared between KPGC110 & R32.

But let's just look at your vehicle description.

L20? ... is it 4 or 6 cylinder? DET ... this terminology is usually for DOUBLE overhead cam ELECTRONIC ignition TURBO induction.

The only L series DOHC cylinder heads that I know of were 1. the old 4 cyl formula pacific homologation fitted to the now famous TOMICA Skyline SS pic below and 2. The 6 cyl head fabricated by OS Giken for Paul Newman's successful assault on the USTCC in the 80's, but to my knowledge none of these engines were turbo'd and available for road use.

But if you have what you say, I'm sure I can speak for everyone here at SAU that we would be more than very interested in all pictures, specifications and any other details you have on it, as it would be the rarest of all R30 models.

the coupe is all factory, the knock off mags are factory and where fitted as a homlogation spec.i havnt any photos as its sitting in the garage on blocks for work to be finished if you navigate to the skyline HR31 club to darkhalf to import section its the black coupe shown .Iwant to go sprint or club racing in it so im chasing as much on it as i can get  ....julie

Is this your car???????????

Thats not her car Ghostrider. That's a blokes from Port Macquarie. My car is parked in front of it. That picture was taken on a FJ20 cruise to the Haven at Terrigal.

the coupe is all factory, the knock off mags are factory and where fitted as a homlogation spec.i havnt any photos as its sitting in the garage on blocks for work to be finished if you navigate to the skyline HR31 club to darkhalf to import section its the black coupe shown .Iwant to go sprint or club racing in it so im chasing as much on it as i can get  ....julie

you'd help us all more if you got a link to the pic so we can just go stright to it? ;)

Thats not her car Ghostrider.  That's a blokes from Port Macquarie.  My car is parked in front of it.  That picture was taken on a FJ20 cruise to the Haven at Terrigal.

That's cool, but I think it's more the type of car she is talking about.

Something I find interesting is, it's now after midday AEST, or about 11 in the west and she has put up ZERO response to all the requests for more details and or correct directions to the picture she says exists.

At the risk of getting egg on my face, maybe she is all hot air and it's not an R30 at all.