SAU Community

Windsreen bottom strip

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to Clark rubber and found a strip that fits nicely its $3 a metre and is for mud guard flare protection heres a photo doesn't look to bad eh?

• 2 years later...

lol the thread is like coming onto 3 years old... I got the same problem - Nissan wants $140 for a new strip... kthx bye got the f**k out of there. Hello clark rubber tomorrow!

$140 wtf who are they kidding... Is it the rubber that is on the windscreen, like between it and the plastic? Cause mine curves at both ends

Yeah mines curved at both end too... I removed it yesterday and gonna give the clarke rubber thing a go today :D

Cool i thought it was that, i took it off yesterday and now its even more screwed. Thanks for the photos vietorious they say a thousand words, now i just have to be bothered to do it but at least the rain has stopped.

Edited by WET-25T

How did u take it off?

I sprayed my windscreen wipers on sat (was very gay with the rain cause i had to drive to get more spray paint :) ) anyways you have to take off both windscreen wipers which is easy, and in the engine bay you will see a long rubber thing going from the drivers side to passengers side which is sitting on the plastic you wanna take off.

So without breaking any of the clips take this rubber off then the plastic you want has clips holding it down so put your fingers under it and once again without breaking the clips pop it off, its not hard you just have to be careful.

I didnt paint mine and dont know what you should use.

Edited by WET-25T

• 3 months later...
$140 wtf who are they kidding... Is it the rubber that is on the windscreen, like between it and the plastic? Cause mine curves at both ends

Where did you get quoted $140? That would be fine for me - I got quoted $234 at Nissan.

• 3 weeks later...

I sanded mine back to get rid of bumps, then cleaned then if i can remember correctly i cleaned them with metho, then sprayed them with an undercoad that makes the paint stick better, then used matt black spray paint, or mapp black? cant remember lol.

Anyways when u go to buy it tell the guy what its for and he should be compitent to guide you in the right path.