SAU Community

Who are you insured thru?

Sk0pe

I was pretty sure I had seen a thread on this before, but I can't find it now...

Anyway, it seems I might have the new Stag quite a bit earlier than I thought. So a fairly pressing issue becomes comprehensive car insurance. Thus my question:

Who are you insured through and what annual premium do you pay? I have only found Just Cars who will actually insure a Stag, but SURELY there are others out there...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just car insurance, $1020 more when I install sound system. They said up to 4 mods and then 2 or 3 hundred extra plus extra $400 on excess for unlimited mods as long as it is legal, ie meet noise and emision tests...(rating 1- I made them ask there manager for rating 1, he said yes)

I remmeber asking shannons at one stage and for some reason that didnt allow it cause they didnt have a listing on the stagea or something stupid..

Be good to see if suncorp do it, but they dont usuall allow mods do they?

When I phoned around for my Series 2, several of them (Just Cars; Torque...) had Series 1 on their books, but didnt even know there was a series 2, so would not insure above the max value they had listed for Series 1 (around $25,000).... but they said they'd look into the Series 2 and update their details.

Thanks for the input folks.

Here's where I'm at:

JCI :$1467 pa with $2000 accident or theft excess

Shannons: $1666 pa (not sure of excess)

Unique Car Insurance: $1466 (WILL do pay-by-month).

Dawes Underwriting: $1425 (with $500 flat excess) <--- Winner so far

Torque, Vigil, Suncorp, Young and Cool won't touch Stageas...