SAU Community

Headlights gone on left

JH32

I think when I got my boost guage installed the headlights on the left have stopped working.

The parking light works, but the headlight and the high beam have stopped.

Could this be a fuse or would it be a wiring thing?

I have changed the globe on the headlight and it's not that.

:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this exact thing happened on my skyline after i was playing around

left headlights went completely dead aside from parkers

tried home fix job but no luck

called out auto electrician and it was apparantly the headlight switch in the dash

50 bucks later and it was fixed

wish i figured it out myself but :D

My left (passenger side) headlight is sometimes dimmer than the right. There might be some bad wiring in there or something. Whether our problems are related i'm not sure. What I am sure of is that i haven't helped in any way.

/notches up one more post to the tally/ :D

I had the same problem but mine's a R33.

After much stuffing about.............fuses under hood and under dash...........turns out the the fuses for left and right were in the boot, near the battery.

Dont know about the R32's is there battery in the boot?

haha

sounds like a common problem :D

what I have discovered so far is that it isnt the globe as I replaced them.

also ... the lights were working in the garage and then stopped working all of a sudden. Then I left the car off for a few minutes and started it up. Turned the lights on and they worked! Went for a drive and they stayed on the entire time :(

so it's obviously an intermittent problem = harder to solve i guess :(

lol...

checked all the fuses in the boot with a meter and they all cam up good..

took it to an auto-elec yesterday and he said to come back today. When he asked what type of car it was he mutteredd something like, "nissan...mutter mutter...bloody switches...mumblemumble..."

will update the thread this afternoon

Strange ! I'm experiencing exactly the same with my old R31 with the same: left headlight!

Replaced globe, replaced fuse - no luck. Highbeam is working fine. All rights are working fine. Should all work - tried checking for lose wiring not much luck. Worked the other week for a bit I am sure.

Seems to be some type of strange ground leakage somewhere that I just can't track down.

Really, really annoying, especially considering that it annoys me that other drivers get around with only one headlight (looks like motorbike from distance). Of course I could drive with high beams all the time but that could annoy a few people :(

Originally posted by predator666

Replaced globe, replaced fuse - no luck. Highbeam is working fine. All rights  are working fine. Should all work - tried checking for lose wiring not much luck. Worked the other week for a bit I am sure.

Same problem as me!