SAU Community

Intalling a Turbotimer

JezR31

Tools required - Phillips head screwdriver and 10 mm socket and ratchet attachment.

This procedure takes about 20 minutes.

STEP 1:

Disconnect the battery. Turn three plastic clips in front carpeted portion of the boot/trunk to remove this carpeted wall. Clips pop off when turned.

BatteryPic.jpg

STEP 2:

Loosen right side bolts in location specified.

HoodReleaseBolts.jpg

STEP 3:

Loosen left side bolt in location specified.

ThirdBoltLeft.jpg

STEP 4:

Pry bottom panel out slightly on left side. Be careful not to break anything. Just pull it enough to allow a grip on it in the future steps.

PullLeftPanelOut.jpg

STEP 5:

Repeat with right side. Pull slightly upwards. You may pry the panel above this one (shown to the left) out a bit if it helps- it just snaps on again. There are four hooks at the top of this piece that locate it at the top. Bolts secure the bottom, but the piece hooks into four slots at the top. ** Remember this for the reinstallation, it is the most difficult part in putting the piece back in correctly.

PullRightPanelOut.jpg

STEP 6:

Remove bottom piece (only at bottom of pic, the top piece need not be removed for this install so please ignore it). Put in a safe place.

RemovedPieces.jpg

STEP 7:

Remove harness from turbo timer box.

HarnessPic1.jpg

STEP 8:

Plug in harness into location shown behind ignition.

HarnessLocation.jpg

STEP 9:

Plug in the timer to the harness, and any other wires between harness and timer.

CheckWiring.jpg

STEP 10:

Ground the black wire on harness to a location that is unpainted bare metal. The location I chose is shown below and to the left. A 10mm ratchet was used to remove the bolt here and hook up the ground wire.

GroundWireLoc.jpg

STEP 11:

Hook up the battery again. Check your timer's operation now.

SuccessTT.jpg

STEP 12:

Choose a mounting location and route your wires in any manner you choose. Secure loose wires that may intrude into the driver footwell.

FinishedTT1.jpg

NOTES:

Installation of panel is exact opposite of removal. Just pay particular attention to the part about the slots on top of the bottom panel you removed. Line up all four hooks with slots, then push the panel slightly upwards and towards the front of the car. Make sure fit is right before you screw in three bottom bolts in steps (3) and (4).

• 4 months later...

You need to locate the wiring which comes out of the ignition and is held onto the steering column by a black plastic tie. There is a plug at the end of this and if you have the right loom adapter for your car, it will plug straight in.

It starts getting a bit more tricky when you don't have a plug in timer and have to locate and solder wires together.

Correct the turbo timer will be installed differently if you have an alarm and immobiliser, I'd take it to a workshop to have them install it in this case (preferably the shop that installed your alarm). You will also most likely have to fork out a small amount of $$ for an alarm relay that sits between the alarm and the turbo timer as well. If your lucky the workshop might only charge you just the relay cost. :cheers:

• 1 year later...

hey, i bought a blitz turbo timer, and when the guys installed it, all the features like, boost and automatic timer dont work.. (i have to pre set all times instead of it working it out itself)

i went back to them and they said "u didnt tell us to install the features, only the turbo timer"

WTF

anyway, to get the features hooked up, they want another $110bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know how to hook up these featues ie boost and automatic timer? if so please help

cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

pictures seem to be not working, ie.

STEP 2:

Loosen right side bolts in location specified.

STEP 3:

Loosen left side bolt in location specified.

and as you can see, with these above steps, u cannot follow thru without pics? can someone add info to the initial DIY post, to paint apicture, so this can be done without real Pictures, or can you fix picture links?

cheers,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have allready installed turbo timer if someone need steb by steb instalation manua i can update tomorrow but pictures are from mobilephone

Edited by guricha

while on the topic of installing turbotimers and alarms and the sort, i would NOT recommend AutoMotiv from sydney to do any installations. they totally FKD up my alarm and fried my turbo timer, and wont fix anything coz they claim the original turbo was wired wrong (yet stupidly they still wired straight into it anyway). so now i have a c car with a fried alarm and turbo timer...f'ing pricks. id never go back there...