SAU Community

Water Pump Replacement RB25/R33

dAVE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The aftermarket one also available is "powermax" comes in a green box.. can get from Supercheap.. Around $70

I think the N1 could be overkill on a street car.. Apparently people do notice some cooler temps, but I've never had overheating problems. Maybe on a track car coul be worthwhile, but otherwise..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

yeh you have to modify the n1 pump, an rb30 one will work fine.;

also read when i was doing it, that the n1 pump, with its larger spacing and one less blade, is not suited for traffic situations, great on the open stretch or track, but idling away it doesnt flow as much... as its designed for higher than stock rpm, hence the larger space and one less blade.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I'd like to know this as well - my RB25 water pump is leaking so looking at a possible replacement.

The RB25 water pump has an elongated hole for the small bolt on the top side of the pump, the other RB pumps don't have the elongated hole. The location of the small bolt hole in the RB25 blocks is different to the RB20 and Rb30 and consequently if you use an RB20 or RB30 water pump you won't be able to install the small bolt. All the other bolts however, align correctly.

I have found in the past that Nissan is cheaper to buy an RB25 water pump than Autobahn.

• 4 weeks later...

my water pump has f$%^&d itself last night. rang autobarn and they said they all the same. rang supercheap and in 3 diff books he was looking through he had 3 diff answers.

what the hell is goin on with this shit???

trust me after a massive headache of doing the water pump at home (3 times)... u you all know timing belt/harmonic balancer has to come off?

just go to nissan, buy the RIGHT pump for ur car and have less headaches!

Edited by DjeMz

• 5 months later...