SAU Community

Clutch adjustment is it possible?

About the only thing that you can adjust is the height of the clutch pedal. I doubt that this will have much impact on the actual grab point.

Are you concerned about the grab point? If so, try bleeding the system, there may be air in there. Remember, there are 3 bleeding points on the R33.

Neither am I ........ WICKED avatar dude.

There may be some adjustment on the slave mounting slots/holes, but it has been a while, but the best bet is a bleed first

Neither am I ........ WICKED avatar dude.

There may be some adjustment on the slave mounting slots/holes, but it has been a while, but the best bet is a bleed first

Yeah cause at the moment its grabbing down low at a nice point but as it wears i expect it to grab a bit higher....And i was looking at the adjustment and if it had any for this reason..

:P

there is an adjustment at the top of the back of the clutch pedal.. hard to get to. all you do is undo the bolt the undo the rod and do up the bolt again. i think thats how you do it... i didn't do it, my mech did it.

It's hard to explain without pictures.

Actually, if you want to include the master cylinder, there are actually 4 bleever valves on the R33.

There are 3 bleeder valves that are only accessible undernieth the car. If you follow the piping from the master cylinder:

It depends on what you are doing. I drained the whole hydraulic system meaning that when I filled the system up again, I had to use the three bleeder valves

...Sorry...don't know what happend there..it posted my reply before I finished,,

Continue...

If you follow the piping from the master cylinder:

- there is a valve just after the bend heading towards the back of the car on a junction block

- there is a valve on the junction block just before the 'u' bolt where the piping changes direction heading towards the slave cylinder

- then you have one on the slave cylinder

If you are simply bleeding the system, just concentrate on the slave cylinder, get all the air out there