SAU Community

R33: G.r.i.d Dash Dancer Ets

YO880

Here is a quick rundown on the installation of the G.R.I.D Dash Dancer Electronic Torque Split Controller

The G.R.I.D Dash Dancer is the cheaper alternative to the G.R.I.D TS-dancer and the HKS ETC

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?wb_url=..._co=excitejapan

Firstly, the package comes with 2 units, the controller and a silver metal interface box with 4 coloured wires

The Interface box splices into the 4WD computer in the Boot of the R32, R33 and R34 GTR's (don't know if it works with GTS-4's etc..)

The 4WD computer is the bottom silver box hanging from the rear parcel shelf sitting next the the battery (in an R33 that is).

to install the Dash Dancer, you must remove this computer and disconnect the wiring harness, it is pretty hard to work on the harness when reaching into the boot so i eventually took the plunge and jumped in (nice and comfy, not!)

Please refer to the wiring diagram (kindly translated by 51LBA) as attached (unless you read japanese the supplied wiring diagram is useless!)

Firstly, cut the light blue cable, attach the supplied connectors to the end of the wires. The Yellow wire attaches to the newly installed connector on the harness side, the Black cable then connects to the light blue cable on the car side of that light blue cable

The Red cable from the Dash Dancer then splices into the Green/Red (green cable with Red line) cable from the wiring harness.

The Green cable from the dash dancer then splices into the Black/Pink cable from the wiring harness.

Connect the harness back into the 4WD computer, put the computer back into it's bracket, before installing the right hand nut to secure the computer, place the silver interface box over the bolt, and screw on the nut.

wire the controller up into a convenient place in the car, and plug the controller cable into the interface box.

Start up the car and ensure that that a light comes on on the controller.

There are 2 buttons on the controller, a square on/off button (to swtich between the factory auto 4WD and the controller) and a round button that allows selection between 4WD and FR (rear wheel drive)

At no time should the 4WD warning light come up on the dashboard, if so, recheck your wiring (especially the Yellow and black wires)

That's it, you should now have full control of your 4WD system!! enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

Hi, Do you have a copy of the install wiring instructions for a R32? I bought one of these and I don't know how to wire it in. Either that or do you have a copy of the R33 ATTESSA pins? I've a copy for the R32 and I work out where they go from that. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

G.R.I.D Dash Dancer ETS - It control the 4 wheels system , what it acctually does is, it control the front wheel Torque. We can adjust 0%, 2%, 12, to 50% of Torque to the front wheel..if let say we adjust 50% of Torque to the front wheel, then the GTR will have 50/50 like 4wd wrx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this have any negative affects no the wet-clutch system in the tourque drive system itself? It was never designed to be used in this mannor so just wandering if it causes extra wear and tear on this portion of the drivetrain? Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everone,

This is an updated diagram including meter movement kit section. You need to cut orange/black wire and connect blue wire to the harness side and white wire to the other side. Hope this helps.

Ken

• 2 months later...

Please don't chat in this section, post general questions in the relevent section..

you leave the ETS on the auto mode, this acts like a standard GTR, if you don't want 4wd, you turn the controller on (off auto), and set it to 2wd..

• 4 years later...